Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

MWC Tournament

19 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

To me I think this tournament is going to be a dog fight between the teams. Personally I think any of the Top 5 or 6 seeds could really win this thing. Yes I think UNLV could win this thing. Air Force is a longer shot, then from 7 and beyond that is a long shot but i think this is going to be a dogfight.

I agree with you, conference tournaments are a whole different animal than regular conference play. I've been watching various tournaments and they are very close hard fought games with higher seeds eliminated or pushed to the limit. As I post this two higher seeds are fighting for survival.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:40 AM, mugtang said:

Found out I can stream cbssports via the directv all.  Yes! :cheer:

If you subscribe to a service provider who carries them in their/your channel lineup, you can also stream the network live from any device from either the website or their app.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

23 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Basically, KenPom has the odds to win the tournament as something like this:

Nevada 2-1: USU 7-2; Fresno 8-1; UNLV 24-1; SDSU 25-1; Boise 60-1; and the other five are essentially the field at 100-1.

The only one of those that seems clearly out of line to me is UNLV which has never shown that it benefits from hosting the conference. I'd put the Rebels at 50-1. Even more so than SDSU, if UNLV wins on Thursday, the Rebels are going to be destroyed on Friday by Nevada.

To put it another way, I see no chance that Nevada doesn't get to the finals. The only question is whether they'll play USU or Fresno.

I think you're right on time re: Jalen's drop in production, and I personally think there is a >50% chance there's no more wind in their sail after finishing the regular season on a 3-game losing streak capped by that beatdown on Saturday - they may very well simply want the season to end.

But then again...

This team's bipolar nature ends itself to short memories and quick turnarounds. I think that if we repeat history on Wed (it's hard to beat any team three times in a season), that team team will be ready and prepared to play the rubber game against Reno in Viejas North on Thursday, just like we were last year.

However, while I might have more faith in our ability to get by Nevada, I don't have as much faith we would get by either USU or Fresno in the finals. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

If the Spartans lose on Wednesday which is probable, they'll have 27 losses this season. One more than last season but with the same amount of wins, a measly 4. :waiting:

26 minutes ago, crixus said:

If the Spartans lose on Wednesday which is probable, they'll have 27 losses this season. One more than last season but with the same amoumt of wins, a measly 4. :waiting:

You need to write that school a strongly worded letter - enough is enough...

New-Signature.jpg

I think UNLV takes SDSU. 3rd games the charm. It was night and day difference game 2 when we had Diong back inside.

It's the healthiest this teams been and the seniors are playing some consistent, tough ball.

About a 99% chance USU vs Reno final.

Reno has some individual playmakers who can just make buckets. USU does too, but they have some smooth offensive fluidity that makes it look easy some possessions.

I actually think USU makes a run in this years NCAA.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

I think UNLV takes SDSU. 3rd games the charm. It was night and day difference game 2 when we had Diong back inside.

It's the healthiest this teams been and the seniors are playing some consistent, tough ball.

About a 99% chance USU vs Nevada final.

Nevada has some individual playmakers who can just make buckets. USU does too, but they have some smooth offensive fluidity that makes it look easy some possessions.

I actually think USU makes a run in this years NCAA.

Utah St vs Fresno is a massive toss up so I won’t say it’s Nevada vs USU is a given.

Fresno beat USU by 1 on the road and Utah st beat Fresno on the road by 1. That could end up being game of the tourney.

22 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Haha.  They got knocked off their high hoarse losing 3 games this year. Now they gotta talk tough 

You are an insufferable douche. I think a large majority of us are happy with only 3 losses. Oh my God, we're 28-3 with a number 1 seed and a shared conference title. How shitty we are. We are so horrible we should just fold up bball altogether. Go f*** yourself you arrogant ass wart

26 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

You are an insufferable douche. I think a large majority of us are happy with only 3 losses. Oh my God, we're 28-3 with a number 1 seed and a shared conference title. How shitty we are. We are so horrible we should just fold up bball altogether. Go f*** yourself you arrogant ass wart

Man, you seem angry...Jordan Caroline, is that you?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

23 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Haha.  They got knocked off their high hoarse losing 3 games this year. Now they gotta talk tough 

Do you think your Aggies will ever win a game in the ncaas? It must be sad that they haven’t advanced in almost two decades. :crying:

Edit- wow.. one win in the tourney since Nixon was in office? It’s worse than I thought! 

SDSU is winning the tourney again...BOOK IT!!!...we're built for three days of pain...have the superior defense...shoot the 3...can withstand foul trouble...have the rotation...senior guards...and a NBA prospect...and most of all...can definitely whip everybody in the MWC on a neutral floor....nobody can stop us...but us!!!...WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS......

USU has POY, FOY, DPOY, COY they will win easily.    Just kidding none of that means anything now and probably hurts us as the players read their own new clippings.  

Too bad Nevada couldn't produce some good players like USU:)   But Caroline could probably pursue acting if this bball thing don't work out, that's a positive. 

2 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

Utah St vs Fresno is a massive toss up so I won’t say it’s Nevada vs USU is a given.

Fresno beat USU by 1 on the road and Utah st beat Fresno on the road by 1. That could end up being game of the tourney.

I agree.  If FSU is shooting the 3 well, they are tough to beat. This will be a huge test for USU

56 minutes ago, bnastyaztecs said:

SDSU is winning the tourney again...BOOK IT!!!...we're built for three days of pain...have the superior defense...shoot the 3...can withstand foul trouble...have the rotation...senior guards...and a NBA prospect...and most of all...can definitely whip everybody in the MWC on a neutral floor....nobody can stop us...but us!!!...WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS......

3 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

USU has POY, FOY, DPOY, COY they will win easily.    Just kidding none of that means anything now and probably hurts us as the players read their own new clippings.  

Too bad Nevada couldn't produce some good players like USU:)   But Caroline could probably pursue acting if this bball thing don't work out, that's a positive. 

jobu-youtube.jpg

Lobos 8 point favorites on Wyoming, Boise 3.5 point favorites on CSU. I can't find a line on AF vs SJSU, though we can assume who's a decent sized favorite in that one

25 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

Nevada boys still mad, none of them want to admit what happened in Logan with Caroline or losing.  

Oh simpleton, creating things out of thin air again are we