Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Should the radical authoritarian left be exempt when it comes to bigoted comments and slurs?

Should the radical authoritarian left be exempted with the practice of bigotry?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should the radical authoritarian left be exempted in the use of bigoted comments and slurs?

• Yes, the left is my team and we can say any bigoted comments and slurs as long as they fit into our narrative
    • No, bigoted comments and slurs are inappropriate and wrong no matter the situation or content

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Right but inept does not mean they have equal ability to bring this to an end. 

Not now. But they did have a much better ability to do so prior to their inept leadership *cough* Arafat *cough* leading them to the predicament they're in now. 

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Right but inept does not mean they have equal ability to bring this to an end. 

Palestinians have had several opportunities to have their own state.  This could have been brought to an end many times over the last 5 decades.   Egypt, Syria, and others tried to force the Palestinians to take deals during Carter's time so even their Arab allies have been disappointed.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You were doing so well until this last sentence. Yes, Israel carries a lot of and perhaps a majority of the blame when it comes to the Palestinian situation but 80% is way out of whack. If you think the PLO and other pro-Palestinian groups have been reaching out in good faith 80% of the time then you need to go back and read some objective history. 

Not saying Palestinians have acted in good faith 80% of the time.  But let’s be honest in terms of military might.  Even when Palestinians launch rockets few cause damage.

Between January 1 and November 6, 2017, Israeli security forces killed 62 Palestinians, including 14 children, and injured at least 3,494 Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza and Israel, including protesters, suspected assailants or members of armed groups, and bystanders. Palestinians killed at least 15 Israelis during this same time, including 10 security officers, and injured 129 in conflict-related incidents in the West Bank and Israel.

Israel has the power to stop this but they choose to steal Palistinian land and react with overwhelming force when Palestinians fight back.   80% is an guesstimate but it sure as hell isnt 50-50.

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

It really is the quintessential “it takes two to tango”.  Both sides are incendiary and guilty of escalating things.  You would think after centuries of fighting that they’d all tire of the bloodshed and find a solution.

You would think so. Unfortunately, however, the Arabs are always going to have their Khalid Islamboulis and the Israelis are always going to have their Yigal Amirs.

(If the names don't ring a bell, you're not alone. Both were despicable pieces of pig manure bent on maintaining perpetual hatred between their respective ethnic groups yet we here in the U.S. only vaguely even recall their heinous actions much less their names.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not saying Palestinians have acted in good faith 80% of the time.  But let’s be honest in terms of military might.  Even when Palestinians launch rockets few cause damage.

Between January 1 and November 6, 2017, Israeli security forces killed 62 Palestinians, including 14 children, and injured at least 3,494 Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza and Israel, including protesters, suspected assailants or members of armed groups, and bystanders. Palestinians killed at least 15 Israelis during this same time, including 10 security officers, and injured 129 in conflict-related incidents in the West Bank and Israel.

Israel has the power to stop this but they choose to steal Palistinian land and react with overwhelming force when Palestinians fight back.   80% is an guesstimate but it sure as hell isnt 50-50.

Stoopid conclusion.

110926run_defense710.jpg

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I don't believe putting the blame into a percentage ratio is a logical way to discuss the Israeli Palestinian situation. And while the Israeli state has overwhelming firepower, that doesn't translate into who has acted in good or bad faith faith in relation to negotiations or conflict. Fact of the matter is, this is perhaps the most complex and most misunderstood human dynamic on the planet and it's been the source of regional unrest for the better part of 80 years now.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

We should also all remember that despite the popular characterization of it being a Muslim vs. Jew thing, that is hardly the case. Many of the great leaders of Palestinian Resistance, including the great George Habash, were Christian. Even still, Arab Christians get the shaft as bad as Arab Muslims in Greater Palestine/Israel. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Californians had a chance to stop this but they killed indians and stole their land.

Navajo had a chance to stop this but they killed the Anasazi and stole their land.

Vikings had a chance to stop this but they killed the Celtics and stole their land!

Seriously and more important the Romans killed, enslaved and pillaged my German ancestors and stole our land, I need Italy to pay me reparations!

Can you say anything any more stupid?

5 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Stoopid conclusion.

Yeah.  Ask Joe how asymmetric the power equation is.   The Palestinians have no options and the right wing Likud party will continue to steal land and restrict basic liberties as they see fit. 

The Palistinians don’t live much better than the blacks under apartied except in Israel’s case they have AIPAC. 

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah.  Ask Joe how asymmetric the power equation is.   The Palestinians have no options and the right wing Likud party will continue to steal land and restrict basic liberties as they see fit. 

The Palistinians don’t live much better than the blacks under apartied except in Israel’s case they have AIPAC. 

Problem is, the Palestinians are often treated as poorly in nearby countries as they are in Israel. In Lebanon, for example, they're treated +++++ing horribly. It's a national disgrace. Jordan is pretty good to them though. So too have been the Assads. But in most others, like Lebanon, they're on the same rung as the Domestic Slaves they fly in from places like Sri Lanka and the Philippines. No rights. No ability to hold certain jobs. No ability to move out of the camp and no ability to get Lebanese citizenship despite some of the people being there for 70+ years.

They're just +++++ed. I think probably one of the saddest moments of my entire life was a trip I took to a Palestinian refugee camp in South Beirut. I was overwhelmed though by the kindness of the camp's residents, who were among the nicest people I've ever met, despite living in absolute shit.  Honestly, I was brought to tears seeing what these incredible people were forced to live in. 

At least the Israelis make no bones about what they do to them. It's despicable to see Lebanese people on one hand decry the Zionists, then on the other, treat the Palestinians like mud. 

8 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Problem is, the Palestinians are often treated as poorly in nearby countries as they are in Israel. In Lebanon, for example, they're treated +++++ing horribly. It's a national disgrace. Jordan is pretty good to them though. So too have been the Assads. But in most others, like Lebanon, they're on the same rung as the Domestic Slaves they fly in from places like Sri Lanka and the Philippines. No rights. No ability to hold certain jobs. No ability to move out of the camp and no ability to get Lebanese citizenship despite some of the people being there for 70+ years.

They're just +++++ed. I think probably one of the saddest moments of my entire life was a trip I took to a Palestinian refugee camp in South Beirut. I was overwhelmed though by the kindness of the camp's residents, who were among the nicest people I've ever met, despite living in absolute shit.  Honestly, I was brought to tears seeing what these incredible people were forced to live in. 

At least the Israelis make no bones about what they do to them. It's despicable to see Lebanese people on one hand decry the Zionists, then on the other, treat the Palestinians like mud. 

Yeah my mom was hired to help with drug addiction treatment.  She came home appalled at how poorly the Palistinians were treated.   And you’re correct other Arab states are no better.   

What pisses me off are right wing Christian Zealots who have no +++++ing clue.   At this point the power is all in the hands of the Israeli’s and they treat the Palistinians like dirt.   

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

What pisses me off are right wing Christian Zealots who have no +++++ing clue.   At this point the power is all in the hands of the Israeli’s and they treat the Palistinians like dirt.   

Same. I dont mind the hardcore Jews, but the born again/zionist jesus freaks are who really piss me off. 

20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Same. I dont mind the hardcore Jews, but the born again/zionist jesus freaks are who really piss me off. 

They're a dilemma for the government. On the one hand, you want to see those guys have to do their part in the IDF. On the other, Israel will never have a separation of "church" and state like the U.S. since it's THE Jewish state and those fanatics are convinced that God doesn't want them shooting at other people.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

They're a dilemma for the government. On the one hand, you want to see those guys have to do their part in the IDF. On the other, Israel will never have a separation of "church" and state like the U.S. since it's THE Jewish state and those fanatics are convinced that God doesn't want them shooting at other people.

Oh, you're talking about the super orthodox people over there. I find them bothersome too. By "hardcore jews" I meant the Jews in America who love Israel ridiculously so. 

43 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Oh, you're talking about the super orthodox people over there. I find them bothersome too. By "hardcore jews" I meant the Jews in America who love Israel ridiculously so. 

Yes.  I wonder if some of them might put Israel over the US.   Not because their Jews but because their zealot ideology. 

There is a deep seated hate between the two factions that may never be resolved. I have a Palestinian friend here in the states. He talked about an uncle who was a hero because he planted a bomb killing a bus full of Israelis. 

I don’t profess to know the history behind their hatred other than the Palestinians claim the Israelis were given the Palestinian land by the U.N. after WW2. However, it is my understanding the Palestinians were essentially nomads for ages so not sure how they claim it is their land. 

Anyone who knows more about the situation correct me where I’m wrong. 

20 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

There is a deep seated hate between the two factions that may never be resolved. I have a Palestinian friend here in the states. He talked about an uncle who was a hero because he planted a bomb killing a bus full of Israelis. 

I don’t profess to know the history behind their hatred other than the Palestinians claim the Israelis were given the Palestinian land by the U.N. after WW2. However, it is my understanding the Palestinians were essentially nomads for ages so not sure how they claim it is their land. 

Palestinians are basically the Native Americans of the middle east.  Although the palestinians don't get all the welfare that traps them in poverty for ever, so they are a little better off.

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Palestinians and Jews co-existed there for thousands of years until the Balfour Declaration.