Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lobo Amor

OT: Direct TV changing its packages

Wow! I got out a couple of months ago from them but this is going thin out out their customers. That price increase is mostly for the sports channels.

Glad I went with the non-sports provider Philo, I only pay $16/month.

I was with sling tv but had too many technical issues so I switched to Philo & YouTube tv. Philo carries all the programs that my wife likes for $16 & YouTube tv has plenty of sports (18 chennels) and local channels for $40.  I have found this to be the best combination for streaming. I may also note that they carry different programming channels with only 5 channels that overlap. 

Sling tv is offering for a limited time for new users who don't use the free trial a three month pricing of $15 a month for orange or blue packages or both for $25. If you want to try this you better hurry.

https://www.sling.com/pm/homepage?AID=13632136&PID=7945729&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.7945729&adid=13632136&af=1&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=7945729&utm_content=13632136&cjevent=3aaa7cfa3de911e9809f01a00a24060e#carousel-jam-channel-chevron-right

This might make me leave if true... 

I've been with DTV Now since close to the beginning and was given the Go Big package with a "$35 price lock for life" promise. This was changed to a "$25 off your monthly plan for life" when I noticed my bill increased last year without them even telling me.

Combine this latest news with them mysteriously dropping ESPN 3 support recently and it might be time for me to leave, but I'm not sure what competitors can offer to beat my current channel lineup and price.

Holy crap. I was deciding between directvnow and hulu and was leaning toward directvnow just because of the 20+ more channels than hulu had for the package I wanted. But spectrum just gave me a 30 dollar a month discount on regular cable. Now, directvnow may be just as expensive. Wtf over. 

I've had issues with DirecTV, both of which were their fault, and which, after hours of conversations, they admitted to. The trick is to speak to someone in "Customer Loyalty". I managed to get two months free, and my bill reduced by half with a price guarantee for one year. They are desperate to keep customers and, once you get to the Customer Loyalty department, are pretty much prepared to drop their pants to keep customers...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

3 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Sling tv is offering for a limited time for new users who don't use the free trial a three month pricing of $15 a month for orange or blue packages or both for $25. If you want to try this you better hurry.

https://www.sling.com/pm/homepage?AID=13632136&PID=7945729&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.7945729&adid=13632136&af=1&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=7945729&utm_content=13632136&cjevent=3aaa7cfa3de911e9809f01a00a24060e#carousel-jam-channel-chevron-right

Problem with sling is it doesn’t carry CBSSports network which so many MWC games are on. So I switched to Hulu live a month ago. 

19 minutes ago, toonkee said:

my friends, especially my Las Vegas new hockey fan friends. bilasport.net. 1st quality streams. No nonsense. You are welcome.

I use NHL Reddit Streams with Ad Block for Knights games.

Its stupid that AT&T wont put AT&T Sports on DTV Now

2 hours ago, TGIFaanes said:

I use NHL Reddit Streams with Ad Block for Knights games.

Its stupid that AT&T wont put AT&T Sports on DTV Now

That's where I found bilasport ;)

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Geez... DTVNow was already the most expensive OTT provider. I'm glad I ditched them for YouTube TV a while back.

Only thing keeping me on board is the $25 credit I get every month.

Really starting to doubt that they understand why their customers signed up for streaming services to begin with. Plans are starting to look like a standard cable bill!

8 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Only thing keeping me on board is the $25 credit I get every month.

Really starting to doubt that they understand why their customers signed up for streaming services to begin with. Plans are starting to look like a standard cable bill!

The article even said that they're moving toward no price difference between the satellite version and the OTT version.  Weird.

I just signed up for a 7 day trial on their go big package. 85 channels for 65 a month. Guess I should have bought in 2017 when I got my att unlimited plan to get a lock. Oh well. Now I'll just combine Philo for 20 and YouTube tv for 40 and get almost as many channels. F U Directv

Edit: I just checked it out. It is complete garbage. Just run away.