Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Decent lunch place in Boise with toddlers in tow?

On 3/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, modestobulldog said:

Happy, are you moving?  

Yes, to Wenatchee Washington. In laws live in Portland so Boise was on the way, and we could get a head start on moving stuff out.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yes, to Wenatchee Washington. In laws live in Portland so Boise was on the way, and we could get a head start on moving stuff out.

The only time I've been north of I90 is north of Seattle on the Sound.  We've got an affiliate in Bellingham (and interestingly Melvin opened a taproom in Bellingham).  I've got an ex girlfriend from Yakima and have spent some time there.  Is Wenatchee as ag as Yakima or is it more a foothills kind of community?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

My wife and I spent a couple nights at a bed and breakfast in Wenatchee.  An old mansion, on the river.  Best of luck to you and your family.  I hope this is a move related to a better situation as to family or career vs. reacting to bad news on the job front. Best wishes to you and your family.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 3/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, pokebball said:

The only time I've been north of I90 is north of Seattle on the Sound.  We've got an affiliate in Bellingham (and interestingly Melvin opened a taproom in Bellingham).  I've got an ex girlfriend from Yakima and have spent some time there.  Is Wenatchee as ag as Yakima or is it more a foothills kind of community?

Very ag, "apple capital of Washington" but also very in the foothills. It's a been a little tough for me to orient because it looks like Casper Mountain is... every direction. North, south, east, west, you name it. Orchards surrounding town, right on the Columbia. Very pretty. 

On 3/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, modestobulldog said:

My wife and I spent a couple nights at a bed and breakfast in Wenatchee.  An old mansion, on the river.  Best of luck to you and your family.  I hope this is a move related to a better situation as to family or career vs. reacting to bad news on the job front. Best wishes to you and your family.

Thanks, yes, I got recruited to a better job out here. Interviewed, liked the area and liked the people I'll be working with a lot. More room to grow. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.