Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Decent lunch place in Boise with toddlers in tow?

We're passing through Idaho today on the way to my in laws,  any suggestions for a decent/ easy lunch place with a 2 year old and a 4 year old in tow?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

We're passing through Idaho today on the way to my in laws,  any suggestions for a decent/ easy lunch place with a 2 year old and a 4 year old in tow?

Depends a lot on what you want and how convenient you need the place to be relative to the freeway. Without knowing all the factors at play other than kids, if you’re okay with visiting downtown I’d recommend Bardenay in the Basque District (they’ll bring fry sauce for the kids), The Boise Fry Company, Fork, Bacon, or Eureka. None of those places are snooty and kids are welcome.  

Edit: sorry, meant The Boise Fry Company.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Depends a lot on what you want and how convenient you need the place to be relative to the freeway. Without knowing all the factors at play other than kids, if you’re okay with visiting downtown I’d recommend Bardenay in the Basque District (they’ll bring fry sauce for the kids), The Boise Fry Company, Fork, Bacon, or Eureka. None of those places are snooty and kids are welcome.  

Need convenient parking, I'm hauling a uhaul trailer load of stuff to them as pre moving prep. Other than that frankly somewhere the kids can stretch their legs is great, bonus points for being close to the Capitol (we like to get photos at each state capitol we pass through).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Need convenient parking, I'm hauling a uhaul trailer load of stuff to them as pre moving prep. Other than that frankly somewhere the kids can stretch their legs is great, bonus points for being close to the Capitol (we like to get photos at each state capitol we pass through).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Any of those places are within walking distance to the Capitol. Near the Capitol itself will be the best place to find parking — I would recommend street parking on either Jefferson or Bannock Streets. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a spot on Saturday. 

@halfmanhalfbronco and @RogueStout might have some other suggestions. IMO, Boise Fry Company might be the biggest hit with the kids. Plenty of IDAHO fry sauce there!

FB7C315C-AA03-4049-A0CC-0ED330CF704E.thumb.png.ff4583fdb6d03d01289cd91b4016d87b.png

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Any of those places are within walking distance to the Capitol. Near the Capitol itself will be the best place to find parking — I would recommend street parking on either Jefferson or Bannock Streets. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a spot on Saturday. 

@halfmanhalfbronco and @RogueStout might have some other suggestions. IMO, Boise Fry Companu might be the biggest hit with the kids. Plenty of IDAHO fry sauce there!

FB7C315C-AA03-4049-A0CC-0ED330CF704E.thumb.png.ff4583fdb6d03d01289cd91b4016d87b.png

Finger steaks?

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Pretty good list! The Torch also has some pretty good kids options, at least my 4 year old always enjoys it there :ph34r:

@happycamper Boise fry company can make a grilled cheese for you kiddos as well (don't believe it's listed on the menu), but your kids just might be happy enough with the different fries you can get. Not sure how big your uhaul is, but the location at Bown Crossing might give you some more space to park.

Naked Fins and Tin Roof Tacos are other really good options if you're looking to get back on the road more quickly.

And be sure to stop by the Boise Depot to get a nice picture of the capital and all of downtown as a backdrop

Screenshot_20190309-084525.thumb.jpg.339c96f6f048ff78971eabc5614aae32.jpg

Westside Drive In on East Park Center Drive has good finger steaks and about as large a lunch menu as anywhere around plus tons of adjacent parking. I assume you have GPS to find it. It’s also not that far from downtown.

The Boise Fry Co. at Bown Crossing off East Boise Ave will have much easier parking than downtown. Yet, only a few miles from downtown also. 

17 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Where did you end up @happycamper?

Boise Fry Company down town. Great suggestion,  capitol was ooen, girls ran around, and food was perfect.  A+

17 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Boise Fry Company down town. Great suggestion,  capitol was ooen, girls ran around, and food was perfect.  A+

Glad to hear it was a good experience. Enjoy the time with the in-laws and safe travels!

Also @halfmanhalfbronco I had a very mediocre nut brown ale from Boise. Didn't improve my meal much but pleasantly dovetailed with previous mwcboard smack so i call it a win

On 3/9/2019 at 6:22 AM, happycamper said:

To be honest my friend, a decent lunch place with toddlers in tow is something of a unicorn.

15 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Boise Brewing? 

Not a big fan of theirs. 

Seems possible

@happycamper since you are from Casper, I would just stop and stay in Boise permanently.  You will love the weather!!!  Depending on the time of year, I hate visiting Wyoming now.   The wind keeps me up, so spoiled in Boise!!!  Plus, any outdoor activity is within Boise or at the most an hour away.  Wyoming got nothing on Boise's greenbelts!!! :rock:

down in a hole.jpg

16 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

@happycamper since you are from Casper, I would just stop and stay in Boise permanently.  You will love the weather!!!  Depending on the time of year, I hate visiting Wyoming now.   The wind keeps me up, so spoiled in Boise!!!  Plus, any outdoor activity is within Boise or at the most an hour away.  Wyoming got nothing on Boise's greenbelts!!! :rock:

@happycamper prefers his grass green, thank you!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

The only color on the ground in Wyoming is white - as in snow! 

I think Happy is angling to paint Boise State turf brown and yellow!

110926run_defense710.jpg