Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Craig Smith rumors

C'mon man.  One blog writer's opinion doesn't mean CS is "listed" as a candidate.

Then again, if it gets Aggie panties in a bunch I'm a fan of the rumor.

He gets a lot of mentions on sports radio in Lincoln too.  I don't understand why Nebraska would fire Miles to replace him with one of his assistants, but it does get coverage.  Miles is most assuredly gone after the season.  Others I hear mentioned often are former player Lue and former Bulls coach Hoiberg, his grandfather was the head coach at Nebraska for 10 years.  I doubt any of those are the eventual replacement.

12 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

C'mon man.  One blog writer's opinion doesn't mean CS is "listed" as a candidate.

Then again, if it gets Aggie panties in a bunch I'm a fan of the rumor.

Just because you've read it from only one opinion writer doesn't mean others aren't mentioning him.

I'm thrilled that my OP is getting both Aggie fans and Rammie fans panties in a bunch.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 minutes ago, BigBlueFan said:

Nebraska would have to pony up some $$$$ to get Smith with his buyout being over 2 mil.  Personally I think he is worth it.

You realize Nebraska has the coin, right?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

Just because you've read it from only one opinion writer doesn't mean others aren't mentioning him.

I'm thrilled that my OP is getting both Aggie fans and Rammie fans panties in a bunch.

I know a guy that lives in Nebraska.  He says this is the first he's heard of it, so I'm just not buying it.

You would hope Smith learned from his time there & from his buddy Tim Miles not to go there & wait for a better gig.

The Huskers have money & great facilities but still a really really tough place to win.

11 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Coach Smith's buy out is likely $2.2 mil once the season is over.  

Hopefully higher when he is extended and gets a raise 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

58 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How did Smith do at So Dakota? Judging him off one good season at USU and hiring him would be stupid. 

Having family attending USD and being from South Dakota I follow the Coyotes.  CM took a Coyote team that had been sub .500 for about three seasons and got them into the NIT and CBI in back-to-back seasons before heading to Logan.  Before that he had excellent teams at NAIA Mayville St.  His coaching career is off to a very good start.

4 hours ago, Ram Allegiance said:

You would hope Smith learned from his time there & from his buddy Tim Miles not to go there & wait for a better gig.

The Huskers have money & great facilities but still a really really tough place to win.

I attended Nebraska during the Danny Nee era.  Prior to and since his tenure there's been next to nothing in terms of success from Husker mens basketball.  Even blind luck should've occasionally produced better results.  I think the program is jinxed!

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

You realize Nebraska has the coin, right?

No shit?  I had no idea.  Seriously though, it's a 2.2 mil gamble for them even with his connections to Nebraska.  I'm not very concerned about it.  He does leave though it's because USU had a good run in the tournament.  Smith deserves a raise.  He is already making much more that Turdyea could have ever dreamed of.