Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Should animals be allowed to vote?

With voting rights for children and illegal immigrants being discussed, I figure it's only a matter of time before Convert convinces his local congressional representative to introduce a bill allowing cats to be involved in the democratic process.

Might as well get the thread started now.

20 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

With voting rights for children and illegal immigrants being discussed, I figure it's only a matter of time before Convert convinces his local congressional representative to introduce a bill allowing cats to be involved in the democratic process.

Might as well get the thread started now.

My lab really is something special!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Are you comparing the capacity of illegal immigrants to that of children and animals 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

I’m in line with the original intent of the founders and believe that only the cultural elite and intelligensia should vote, along with a select few of the richest landholders 

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

6 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Are you comparing the capacity of illegal immigrants to that of children and animals 

I'm upset thinking he's trying to compare the capacity of illegal immigrants and children to my lab.

3 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I’m in line with the original intent of the founders and believe that only the cultural elite and intelligensia should vote, along with a select few of the richest landholders 

Damn. The second person on here today to go straight to that. Y'all aren't even trying anymore. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Damn. The second person on here today to go straight to that. Y'all aren't even trying anymore. 

Where else do you go when you don't have a rational argument?

4 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Serious question ... what other country or countries could I just go reside in illegally and be allowed to vote in their elections? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Where else do you go when you don't have a rational argument?

You go to the autistic screeching of "RACIST" or "BIGOT" or "ORANGE MAN BAD"; i'd guess we'll get some derivation of that next. 

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Serious question ... what other country or countries could I just go reside in illegally and be allowed to vote in their elections? 

Easter Bunny Land of course. 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Easter Bunny Land of course. 

I seriously want someone with this open border open voting philosophy to answer what other country or countries on the planet allow for just anyone to move their undocumented and to start enjoying all the same exact rights and privileges as citizens. I mean, can I just go to Portugal, Sweden, Thailand, Japan, or Dubai and start living there and voting without any formal/legal immigration process? 

56 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm upset thinking he's trying to compare the capacity of illegal immigrants and children to my lab.

Yeah, this is problematic but not surprising 

53 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Illegal immigrants shouldn't be able to vote, obviously 

55 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You may be included in the ideal electorate once you get your law degree, don't worry 

3 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

You may be included in the ideal electorate once you get your law degree, don't worry 

My sizeable ranch in Montana already ensures my place in your ideal voting class.  

You though might get to join after you get a non-tenured faculty job at a community college somewhere once you graduate. But then again, the 15K a year you'd make in salary probably wouldn't cut it. 

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Illegal immigrants shouldn't be able to vote, obviously 

We can agree on that YRF. As you know, I'm a vocal proponent of streamlined fair and equitable immigration laws and processes but I get upset when some folks (not saying you) want to just have a free for all with regard to border crossings, residency, and citizenship. There needs to be some pragmatic balance to the border issue.  

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

My sizeable ranch in Montana already ensures my place in your ideal voting class.  

You though might get to join after you get a non-tenured faculty job at a community college somewhere once you graduate. But then again, the 15K a year you'd make in salary probably wouldn't cut it. 

Lol, well, I doubt that will happen. OSU's placement is very good.  I'd rather do something else than be in adjunct hell for an extended period of time

And good, welcome to the electorate!

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We can agree on that YRF. As you know, I'm a vocal proponent of streamlined fair and equitable immigration laws and processes but I get upset when some folks (not saying you) want to just have a free for all with regard to border crossings, residency, and citizenship. There needs to be some pragmatic balance to the border issue.  

Well, obviously, open borders is a bad idea. More allowed legal immigration and a pathway to citizenship or at least legal status for illegal immigrants is not, however.

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

And good, welcome to the electorate!

Keep your head up; you might make it someday. 

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

You should really take a history class.  Ignorance is not a pretty sight.