Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jdgaucho

Wyoming ad "The World Needs More Cowboys" branded a success

Recommended Posts

I probably should have posted this in the non-sports board, but I wanted to recognize the Pokes and help give them their day in the sun.

Hoping the spirit of their campaign rubs off on us in Santa Barbara.  We're Cowboys too...

  • Cheers 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pokebball said:

from the linked WSJ article.....

After Evergreen State and the University of Missouri caved to identity-politics demands, they were shunned by alumni, parents, prospective students and fans. Those are cautionary tales, but the University of Wyoming provides a counterpoint. Turns out there are rewards for not yielding to campus radicals.

Administrators elsewhere, take heart and cowboy up. The social-justice warriors may try to lasso you into submission, but they don’t reflect genuine public opinion.

 

AMEN!

 

  • Like 6
  • Cheers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, really cool if you're big into misogyny and what not.  Bunch of freaking rednecks anyway.

 

 

OK, to be honest, I thought it was a pretty brilliant campaign and really enjoyed reading where it pissed off a bunch of liberal professors.  Good job pokes.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry, but that commercial was totally neutered and sent a rather PC message, IMO..

At least they got to say the word “Cowboy” I guess..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how many of the posters here were nonchalant about the ad....or saying it was stupid??? 

I noticed. There are some real degenerates in this forum!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is an awesome video. Congrats, Pokes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, godogsgo said:

Wasnt backbroke mountain also critically acclaimed?

In California.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was one professor who complained before the ad even came out and then the ad came out and dunked on all the complaints about the ad. If  I was a conspiracy guy I would have to wonder if it was orchestrated between the University and the professor to build up some outrage to the outrage and gain more attention for the campaign and the school.

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't like the slogan because I thought it was half-assed.  I think the rest of the campaign is pretty sharp though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tspoke said:

It was one professor who complained before the ad even came out and then the ad came out and dunked on all the complaints about the ad. If  I was a conspiracy guy I would have to wonder if it was orchestrated between the University and the professor to build up some outrage to the outrage and gain more attention for the campaign and the school.

The result of the marketing campaign, along with the responses to the faculty objections, have to be greater than any expectations the Trustees and marketing company had.  I think the objections from faculty were sincere and their objections and the  responses to their objections only fueled the campaign, making it much more successful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The result of the marketing campaign, along with the responses to the faculty objections, have to be greater than any expectations the Trustees and marketing company had.  I think the objections from faculty were sincere and their objections and the  responses to their objections only fueled the campaign, making it much more successful.

I agree. That's why I said "If I was a conspiracy guy".

I actually thought the massive amount of backlash was overblown. It was one professor from what I remember(maybe it was more than one) that wrote a letter in the local paper. She was wrong but the amount of coverage it got seemed overblown. It ended up being a great thing for the coverage and for the university but initially it got an eyeroll from me.

The only thing people love more than being outraged is being outraged at others misplaced outrage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

czky8mlui5yf0jmeeu69.jpg

D-Law ommitted until he stops acting like a bitch about his $$...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

czky8mlui5yf0jmeeu69.jpg

D-Law ommitted until he stops acting like a bitch about his $$...

While some of those guys might be Cowboys, they all wear the uniform of the cowboys*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

While some of those guys might be Cowboys, they all wear the uniform of the cowboys*. 

Wicked burn???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wyorev said:

I didn't like the slogan because I thought it was half-assed.  I think the rest of the campaign is pretty sharp though.

That was how i felt when i first heard it but it works really well to tie the whole, well done campaign together.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×