Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Journalists covering caravan put on list by US govmnt

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/investigations/Source-Leaked-Documents-Show-the-US-Government-Tracking-Journalists-and-Advocates-Through-a-Secret-Database-506783231.html

Documents obtained by NBC 7 Investigates show the U.S. government created a secret database of activists, journalists, and social media influencers tied to the migrant caravan and in some cases, placed alerts on their passports.

Not sure how I feel about this.  Trump is hardly the first president to do something like that.  But his open hostility to the press is concerning.  I think this should be investigated further.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I'd love to hear what the supposed hypocrisy is in this instance.

Weaponizing areas of government to target political foes has no business in DC.  People like you applauded when Obama did it and now cry foul when Trump does it.  Reality is, both are wrong.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Weaponizing areas of government to target political foes has no business in DC.  People like you applauded when Obama did it and now cry foul when Trump does it.  Reality is, both are wrong.  

No, that's a lie.

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

We know, we know....

You obviously don't, because you have a compulsion to continually lie about things like this. You're as bad as Trump and toolsy in that department.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You obviously don't, because you have a compulsion to continually lie about things like this. You're as bad as Trump and toolsy in that department.

I’m sure you started a thread about it on the Obama sub-forum you were responsible for creating.  Oh wait...

v0icAvfW.jpg

is the US government also investigating the systemic child rape perpetrated by Border patrol? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/thousands-of-migrant-children-were-sexually-abused-in-u-s-custody-hhs-docs-say/

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

is the US government also investigating the systemic child rape perpetrated by Border patrol? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/thousands-of-migrant-children-were-sexually-abused-in-u-s-custody-hhs-docs-say/

Honestly, if you could quantify it, this is probably in line with the number of children being molested by friends/family members and not just in the US.  

down in a hole.jpg

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

No, that's a lie.

We know that because computers and their backups backups all blew apart from Cleveland to Maryland on the same day right!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Plus Obama era officials were so honest testifying in front of congress! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

8 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

We know that because computers and their backups backups all blew apart from Cleveland to Maryland on the same day right!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Plus Obama era officials were so honest testifying in front of congress! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Go back and read what I was responding to... specifically the bolded portion, you ignorant slut. Did you forget to take your meds today or something? Because you're dumber than usual tonight.

31 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Go back and read what I was responding to... specifically the bolded portion, you ignorant slut. Did you forget to take your meds today or something? Because you're dumber than usual tonight.

My post still stands, you were never ever upset about anything Obama did hypocrite.   

Yet its the end of the world when Trump does perfectly normal activities for a president.

11 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Show me where I applauded or supported anything like that.  You can't. You and Blues just make literally make shit up because you have no argument.  

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Show me where I applauded or supported anything like that.  You can't. You and Blues just make literally make shit up because you have no argument.  

We just accurately portray your hypocrisy.

You never posted a negative Obama comment in 8 years of his presidency.  The guy assassinated an american citizen in violation of about half the bill of rights because he didn't like his free speech.  If Trump was killing these journalists with drones it would only equal what your hero Obama set the precedent for and you had no problem with it whatsoever.