Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Boise State @ New Mexico...

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise now 1-9 in single possession or OT games. 1-11 in single digit games. Never seen a team look so bad at the end of games. It's almost like that know they're going to lose. 

I predict we will be better next year.   Not a high bar to meet. 

1 minute ago, Jalex4141 said:

I predict we will be better next year.   Not a high bar to meet. 

They'll be a lot better. Losing Bereal is a downer, but they'll be better. If somehow they can find a go to guy, they could be really good. 

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They'll be a lot better. Losing Bereal is a downer, but they'll be better. If somehow they can find a go to guy, they could be really good. 

Alston can be that guy if he adds some weight and keeps working to improve. 

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise now 1-9 in single possession or OT games. 1-11 in single digit games. Never seen a team look so bad at the end of games. It's almost like that know they're going to lose. 

Aggie fans blame everything bad that happens to Boise on Duryea. I’ll just go with that. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

36 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

What’s funny is we damn near gave away that one win after being up 8 in the final minute. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Alston can be that guy if he adds some weight and keeps working to improve. 

Alston has done really well most games this season and JJ has really upped his game with drives to the bucket and a good midrange jump shot. Really looking forward to seeing their improvement next season. Let's hope they put in the time in the off-season to improve their game. Still think we need a big man. Hope Frazier pans out or we get a senior transfer. 

6 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Alston has done really well most games this season and JJ has really upped his game with drives to the bucket and a good midrange jump shot. Really looking forward to seeing their improvement next season. Let's hope they put in the time in the off-season to improve their game. Still think we need a big man. Hope Frazier pans out or we get a senior transfer. 

Frazier can really shoot the ball inside or on the perimeter and will be an offensive threat. All those perimeter shots Haney and Wacker won’t even try, Frazier will make. The concern with him will be on defense as he isn’t the quickest of foot. IMO he will be an improvement over Haney and Wacker. Then we still have Jorch the big slow German. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Frazier can really shoot the ball inside or on the perimeter and will be an offensive threat. All those perimeter shots Haney and Wacker won’t even try, Frazier will make. The concern with him will be on defense as he isn’t the quickest of foot. IMO he will be an improvement over Haney and Wacker. Then we still have Jorch the big slow German. 

Thats what makes me nervous. An improvement over our current bigs still may not be a decent big. We have plenty of outside shooters on our roster. Need a rim protector and rebounder. Jorch will play with passion. Unless he has really improved he is nothing more than a reliever off the bench. 

41 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Thats what makes me nervous. An improvement over our current bigs still may not be a decent big. We have plenty of outside shooters on our roster. Need a rim protector and rebounder. Jorch will play with passion. Unless he has really improved he is nothing more than a reliever off the bench. 

The thing about having a big guy that can shoot is he draws the opponents big man away from the basket opening the lane for the other guys. Right now when our bigs go out on the perimeter you don’t even have to defend them. Truthfully who knows how good Frazier will be, especially as a freshmen, but I’m optimistic he will be better than the guys we have now. He also appears to have good hands which  none of our bigs have now. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

At the game tonight.

Down late to BSU I commented to my buddies...I'm not worried, Boise has a real propensity to lose close games.

One said...but so do we. I indicated that we're playing at home and it's senior night.

Another tough loss Donks.

I really like Alston.

13 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

At the game tonight.

Down late to BSU I commented to my buddies...I'm not worried, Boise has a real propensity to lose close games.

One said...but so do we. I indicated that we're playing at home and it's senior night.

I really like Alston.

Yeah, when we went ahead you had us right where you wanted us. Even though you tried to hand us the game by missing two free throws at the end we had no sense of urgency and couldn’t even get a shot off. 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:04 AM, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, when we went ahead you had us right where you wanted us. Even though you tried to hand us the game by missing two free throws at the end we had no sense of urgency and couldn’t even get a shot off. 

Yeah, that lack of urgency was surprising.  Wasn't there also still a timeout left? 

I am glad that Kuiper got a chance to seal the win like that.  Even though Lobos are rivals, I've always thought he was a good player, great sportsmanship, just a quality kid and have rooted for him to do well at UNM.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:49 PM, LoboSage said:

At the game tonight.

I really like Alston.

San Antonio scout at the game concurs about Alston.  He's officially on the radar.  Called him smooth and long.    Our best player from a next level perspective is a walk on.