Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Alex Trebek

Alex Trebek is the only celebrity that I feel like I know personally. I'll be praying for him. God bless you Alex.

That sucks. I've had two friends succumb to this disease. One lived 5 years after diagnosis.  The other died as a result of his very first chemo treatment.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Trebek played a lot of hockey growing up in Canada, so he's a tough guy. And he obviously has a positive attitude. I know the odds aren't in his favor, but if anyone can beat pancreatic cancer it's Alex. 

Trebek is an amazing person to come out and be so forth right about his health. Pancreas cancer is a tough one. Our neighbor got it and lived about 3-4 more months. He was about as conservative as you can get and after he died his wife said he was using medical marijuana to deal with it. 

That's tough to take.  I still watch that show when I'm at my parents.

I'll never forget Alex on Cheers, especially talking to Norm about Cliff at the end of the episode.

Dude is an institution.

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Pancreas cancer is a tough one. Our neighbor got it and lived about 3-4 more months. 

Yeah, I read the average prognosis for Stage 4 (metastasizing) is about 3.5 months.  Less than 1% survive 5 years.

The fact that he is going to continue working is unreal. 

He is the epitome of class.

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah, I read the average prognosis for Stage 4 (metastasizing) is about 3.5 months.  Less than 1% survive 5 years.

The fact that he is going to continue working is unreal. 

He is the epitome of class.

An old boss of mine died of it last year... he lived about six months, and kept working until about two weeks before he died.