Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Game of Thrones: The Final Season --- FULL SPOILER ALERT STARTING PAGE FOUR! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I don't think in the show he has lands or a castle anymore. He was promised to the Stokeworth? girl before he went to Dorne but Jaime convinced him to go by promising him more so his engagement was broken off and he hasn't gotten a new one hence his bitching all season 7 about wanting a castle. Unless I am forgetting something.

But if his wagon has enough gold........I think it would be great if Cersei asks Qyborn about Bronn and he responds with we lost contact with him but are reports of him boarding a ship for pentos or something.

Hey if he lost his castle that's on him

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

at one point in the last episode there was an odd comment, Jon Snow said go inform the Night's Watch that they no longer need to defend Castle Black (and have them join us at Winterfell) because the wall has been breached. 

You'd think the Night's Watch would be the first to know that the wall had been broken :shrug:

30 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

at one point in the last episode there was an odd comment, Jon Snow said go inform the Night's Watch that they no longer need to defend Castle Black (and have them join us at Winterfell) because the wall has been breached. 

You'd think the Night's Watch would be the first to know that the wall had been broken :shrug:

Most of the Nights Watch is at Castle Black which is in the middle of the wall and the wall was breached at Eastwatch so they are a long ways from the breach so its possible most the nights watch wasn't aware yet.

Read an interesting theory yesterday. 

Spoiler

The battle of winterfell takes place episode 3, the living win, but only to find that the night king is not there. Turns out the night king flies south, sacks kings landing and adds 1 million to his army. The person with the theory uses Bran's vision from season 4(?) with the shadow of the dragon flying over king's landing as support. And then Daenerys' vision when in the house of the undying of the throne room destroyed with snow falling on the ground. Add to the fact that they keep bringing up how many people live in kings landing. 

I think it would add an interesting twist to things. Keeping the Night King in the story through the rest of the season probably. 

20 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

20 hours ago, tspoke said:

Most of the Nights Watch is at Castle Black which is in the middle of the wall and the wall was breached at Eastwatch so they are a long ways from the breach so its possible most the nights watch wasn't aware yet.

Yeah, if you think about it, the majority of the Nights Watch is at Castle Black and a bunch of Wildlings were manning Eastwatch (IIRC they were sent up there at the beginning of season 7 by Jon). Eastwatch is all the way down right next to the sea, whereas castle black is basically the middle of the wall. The attack was pretty spontaneous and they weren't expecting it (or the wall to fall). As you saw form the leftovers that were with Tormund, most of the people at Eastwatch died. Also, i doubt they could have sent any ravens in the short time it took for the night king to tear down the wall. So the Nights Watch at Castle Black would be unaware that anything happened. 

1 hour ago, BleedRed702 said:

Hide contents

The battle of winterfell takes place episode 3, the living win, but only to find that the night king is not there. Turns out the night king flies south, sacks kings landing and adds 1 million to his army. The person with the theory uses Bran's vision from season 4(?) with the shadow of the dragon flying over king's landing as support. And then Daenerys' vision when in the house of the undying of the throne room destroyed with snow falling on the ground. Add to the fact that they keep bringing up how many people live in kings landing. 

I think it would add an interesting twist to things. Keeping the Night King in the story through the rest of the season probably. 

That would really be awesome. To be honest I want to have a doom and gloom ending and see the show take risks by stabbing a knife in their fans hearts. I love the line that Ramsay says to Theon, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." I want that line to completely sum up this series. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

Hide contents

That would be a crazy twist.  I hope it happens. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Late to this, but I enjoyed the episode. I know it was all table setting, but it was necessary IMO. So ready to see the shit hit the fan next week when Dany finds out about Jon’s true heritage. 

Not looking forward to seeing certain characters die though. 

Ok bring on the Battle of Winterfell.   So many are going to die!!!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Anyone else creeped out by the Arya sex scene. I know the actor is 22 and the Arya is "of age" in the GOT but I had to fast forward though that part. I guess my mind never advanced Arya to adulthood in game of thrones lol. Still think of her as a teenager in this show. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, ridgeview2 said:

That would really be awesome. To be honest I want to have a doom and gloom ending and see the show take risks by stabbing a knife in their fans hearts. I love the line that Ramsay says to Theon, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." I want that line to completely sum up this series. 

The only thing I would really feel "stabbed" in the heart about as a fan is if Cersei wins the game and everyone else (main characters) are dead or prisoner to Cersei. Basically because she is the only one that is pure evil charter at this point. I mean everyone else is either mostly good or a mix of good/bad (including the Night King). 

Honestly I would like an ending where the night king wins and there is a permanent winter. 

9 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Anyone else creeped out by the Arya sex scene. I know the actor is 22 and the Arya is "of age" in the GOT but I had to fast forward though that part. I guess my mind never advanced Arya to adulthood in game of thrones lol. Still think of her as a teenager in this show. 

It didn’t bother me much.  But I haven’t been watching the show since 2011 so I didn't have long to think of her as a little girl.  

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Not really, I knew there was a love interest between them and it would happen at some point. The rape scene with Sansa and Ramsay was the only part of this series that made me feel uncomfortable. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

So all the helpless people are going down into the crypt, but aren’t there hundreds of dead bodies down there that will come to life when the night king gets close enough?

My thoughts exactly. It was a little suspicious that they reiterated over and over again that the crypts will be the safest place. I'm with you in thinking that the dead will start rising and picking people off in the crypts.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Was a great episode. So many great moments. While lots of the reunions/conversations in episode one kinda fell flat for me this episode nailed all the little moments. Sansa embracing Theon. Sam giving hartsbane to Jorah. Arya, hound and Beric. The best part was the people around the fire. Jaime knighting Brienne was awesome and Podrick singing was great. Next week is going to be brutal.

56 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

So all the helpless people are going down into the crypt, but aren’t there hundreds of dead bodies down there that will come to life when the night king gets close enough?

I was watching a recap on youtube and they pointed out that when they showed the white walkers at the end of the episode that the Night King wasn't with them?  They speculated that he was either riding the dragon or on his way to visit Cersei?