retrofade

Game of Thrones: The Final Season --- FULL SPOILER ALERT STARTING PAGE FOUR! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't know what you guys are taking about. Episode sucked. Boring. The dragon riding scene was cringe. The reveal to John was bad too and it was just regurgitating stuff the audience already know. Looks like another season where we have to wait until the last episode before something happens. 

Episode didn't suck, but the writing has definitely gone down hill since season 3. This was meant to be the reunion episode now that literally everyone but Cersei is in the North. I think the remaining 5 episodes will be complete chaos and I predict AT LEAST 3 big deaths (5 max) during the Battle of Winterfell episode in 2 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Jon didn't know though. I'm glad they did the reveal in episode 1 rather than dragging it out through the season. 

In the after show talk, they discussed the dragon ride scene and how it is there to cement that Jon is a Targaryen. They mention, "only Targaryens can ride dragons." And that Jon is a little slow on the uptick. I think Jon is going to struggle with accepting the information that came from Sam and then things will start to connect for him. 

Yeah, I saw that. Having them explain it made it worse in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Episode didn't suck, but the writing has definitely gone down hill since season 3. This was meant to be the reunion episode now that literally everyone but Cersei is in the North. I think the remaining 5 episodes will be complete chaos and I predict AT LEAST 3 big deaths (5 max) during the Battle of Winterfell episode in 2 weeks. 

There's been some good parts since then, but yes, the dialogue  and story seemed to go downhill about the time they got past the books. 

1 hour ago, BleedRed702 said:

I enjoyed episode 1. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, saying it was too slow and nothing really happened. But, i feel like they needed to set everything up so we can get the payoffs with the story as the season progresses. 

Reveal hidden contents

It was cool to see Jon riding Rhaegal. And you even saw him control Rhaegal by getting him to land down by the waterfalls. Before that it was basically just him following Daenerys and Drogon. You see the intimacy/bond between Jon and Daenerys increasing. Then obviously later we get the reveal of Jon finding out who he really is. It will be interesting to see how they go about revealing this to Daenerys. I wonder how she will react to the news of this perfect guy that she has fallen in love with being the true successor to the iron throne. 

The only complaint i have about it is that it was way too short. I would be fine with 2 hour episodes haha. I'm hoping that when they release the actual season to dvd/bluray that we get some extra/extended length scenes (LOTR)

I agree. The reason why GoTs is so well received is because of the build-up, slower, intimidate scenes. It makes the big reveals and action so much more emotional. People wouldn't care as much when Ned Stark was killed if he didn't have all those slower build up moments with his family and even his enemies.

that was a great episode, but I'll agree Jon riding the dragon was cringy and unnecessary.  pretty strong hint that Cersei is pregnant either by Jamie or the Iron Island guy.  I have to believe that plays into the story at some point.  Maybe Jamie ends up killing Cersei? 

30 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

that was a great episode, but I'll agree Jon riding the dragon was cringy and unnecessary.  pretty strong hint that Cersei is pregnant either by Jamie or the Iron Island guy.  I have to believe that plays into the story at some point.  Maybe Jamie ends up killing Cersei? 

I feel like Cersai will pretend Jaime's kid is Eurons just like she did with with her three other children with Robert.

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

3 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

I feel like Cersai will pretend Jaime's kid is Eurons just like she did with with her three other children with Robert.

That's the vibe i got. She didn't want to have sex with Euron. But, she already gave the order to Bronn to kill both brothers (i don't think it will happen). So she realized that she needed to get down with Euron to play it off as his kid. 

• Like 1

Hoping Bronn can't go through with it. He seems to like to portray himself as completely mercenary, but I think his relationships with Tyrion and Jamie do matter to him.

Will be interesting to see if Bran outs Jamie as the villain who pushed him out the window, or if his new persona as the three eyed raven is completely practical, and sees the value of Jamie joining the fight against the night king.

I am guessing next week is another episode that is pretty short on action, but the rest of the season after that the action will be non stop.

1 hour ago, Mano said:

Hoping Bronn can't go through with it. He seems to like to portray himself as completely mercenary, but I think his relationships with Tyrion and Jamie do matter to him.

Will be interesting to see if Bran outs Jamie as the villain who pushed him out the window, or if his new persona as the three eyed raven is completely practical, and sees the value of Jamie joining the fight against the night king.

I am guessing next week is another episode that is pretty short on action, but the rest of the season after that the action will be non stop.

Based off the previews, next weeks episode looks like it will completely set up episode 3 (battle for winterfell) with it ending right before the battle starts. Then episode 3 is probably going to be 1 hour and 22 mins of craziness. 

28 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Based off the previews, next weeks episode looks like it will completely set up episode 3 (battle for winterfell) with it ending right before the battle starts. Then episode 3 is probably going to be 1 hour and 22 mins of craziness. 

The Battle of Winterfell is supposed to even put the Battle of Helms Deep to shame, which is as of right now, the greatest battle sequence in cinema.

14 hours ago, Mano said:

I hope we never see Bronn again. He just rides off with his wagon full of gold to Dorne or somewhere never to be seen again. (This wasn't my original idea, I saw it somewhere else online and stole it)

And I love Bronn so I do want to see him in the story but it would be a great ending or character moment if he just disappears with the money.

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I hope we never see Bronn again. He just rides off with his wagon full of gold to Dorne or somewhere never to be seen again. (This wasn't my original idea, I saw it somewhere else online and stole it)

And I love Bronn so I do want to see him in the story but it would be a great ending or character moment if he just disappears with the money.

I agree with this. His arc is done. He worked with Tyrion and now instead of being a sellsword he's a minor lord with good lands in his own right. what else do we need?

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I agree with this. His arc is done. He worked with Tyrion and now instead of being a sellsword he's a minor lord with good lands in his own right. what else do we need?

I think we see Bronn die in a heroic, selfless act saving someone else.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Mano said:

I think we see Bronn die in a heroic, selfless act saving someone else.

NO. You deserve an idiot button for this. That is so not Bronn you need to go sit in a sky cell for a while. Homeskillet is captain self interest. 

Just now, happycamper said:

NO. You deserve an idiot button for this. That is so not Bronn you need to go sit in a sky cell for a while. Homeskillet is captain self interest. 

He would of course immediately regret it, and curse himself for being an idiot. We have already seen him charge through potential dragon fire to save Jamie. He wants to be a complete bastard, but can't help himself. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mano said:

He would of course immediately regret it, and curse himself for being an idiot. We have already seen him charge through potential dragon fire to save Jamie. He wants to be a complete bastard, but can't help himself. 

Fair enough

19 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Well he was promised a castle...

4 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Well he was promised a castle...

I thought his lands had a castle?

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I thought his lands had a castle?

I don't think in the show he has lands or a castle anymore. He was promised to the Stokeworth? girl before he went to Dorne but Jaime convinced him to go by promising him more so his engagement was broken off and he hasn't gotten a new one hence his bitching all season 7 about wanting a castle. Unless I am forgetting something.

But if his wagon has enough gold........I think it would be great if Cersei asks Qyborn about Bronn and he responds with we lost contact with him but are reports of him boarding a ship for pentos or something.