Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Game of Thrones: The Final Season --- FULL SPOILER ALERT STARTING PAGE FOUR! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

So... here's five things I expect to see tonight before the credits roll:

1. Still in full Mad PMS Queen mode, Dany in all her rage tries to torch Jon. But either the dragon will not comply, or he will and Jon will remained unharmed, This act will ironically cement the belief of the people that Jon is the "one true king" meant to rule all of Westros - Dany's final act of fury will play as an act of sacrifice to unite all of Westros under its one true king.

2. As the show has shown a proclivity for coming full circle on its many threads, I expect Jon - with a heavy heart - to sentence Dany to death for turning KL into a clay oven. And much like Ned tells Bran in S1E1, he who levies the sentence should swing the sword, so Jon, once again placing virtue above all else, reluctantly takes Dany's head.

3. Tyrion is shows ruling over Casterly Rock with a gaggle of boats 'n hoes. 

4. Jon assumes the throne at Dragonstone, and Sansa reigns as the Lady of Winterfell - she showed how effectively she could govern in S7. 

5. At some point in the episode, we'll see Cersei regaining consciousness to find herself alone in the rubble, separated from her brother. Her raw (but effective) survival instinct will have her find a way to climb out of the rubble, her fear and despair mixed with her need to escape. Finally free of the rubble, and scrambling to the shoreline, who does she see? A dying Jamie, somehow still alive, but barely. He'll tell of how when he came to, he called out her name but got no response, how he tried looking for her in the rubble, but finally gave up... the relief will be palpable for both. They board the dingy Tyrion had left for them in the rocky alcove, and begin rowing to see. As the shoreline gets increasingly smaller, we see a wistful Cersei looking back on the smoking/burning ruins of everything that meant anything to her. She has lost it all, with the exception of Jamie... she expresses this sentiment, and as the camera pans to Jamie, we see that Valerian dagger in his belt. The smile and the look in his eyes - we've seen that smug look before on other faces - we know those eyes - bely "his" intent. (This will be the last scene before it cuts to credits).

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Things I didn’t know I needed until I watched it.  The storming of Kings Landing to Metallica’s For Whom The Bell Tolls 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 3/5/2019 at 10:40 AM, mugtang said:

I will say HBO doesn’t have a great history of ending shows. Many fans have felt disappointment with previous series.  Hopefully they break that trend with GoT.  

Phucking nailed it 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Whelp...

On the bright side at least I have Chernobyl to look forward to. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

I think it's the pacing that hurt this episode for me (which you can argue hurt the season as a whole).

They moved on from Daenerys's death really quickly

I’m fine with where everybody ends up.  Just hate how they got there.   The first 3 episodes could’ve easily been tacked onto the end of season 7 and season 8 could’ve been this great story about the battle for the Iron Throne. 

7 minutes ago, sebasour said:

They moved on from Daenerys's death really quickly

But Tyrion's beard got thicker and Bran wheeled himself all the way down to King's Landing!

I guess the writers thought that illustrated enough that some time had passed? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

But Tyrion's beard got thicker and Bran wheeled himself all the way down to King's Landing!

I guess the writers thought that illustrated enough that some time had passed? :unsure:

They mentioned it had been a few weeks....

The pacing and logic (or lack thereof) of the last two seasons was absolutely +++++ing maddening. 

The ending was fine for what it was. I probably would have liked it a lot more if the rest of this season had been handled correctly. Jon got royally +++++ed across the entire show, and was definitely his adoptive father's son more than he was his biological father or mother when all was said and done. That being said, he was a +++++ing moron for apparently admitting what he did. He and Dany were the only ones up there when he killed her... just say that she climbed on Drogon, melted the Iron Throne, and flew away and said she'd be back or something... but his honor was too important apparently. Also, +++++ Grey Worm. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The pacing and logic (or lack thereof) of the last two seasons was absolutely +++++ing maddening. 

The ending was fine for what it was. I probably would have liked it a lot more if the rest of this season had been handled correctly. Jon got royally +++++ed across the entire show, and was definitely his adoptive father's son more than he was his biological father or mother when all was said and done. That being said, he was a +++++ing moron for apparently admitting what he did. He and Dany were the only ones up there when he killed her... just say that she climbed on Drogon, melted the Iron Throne, and flew away and said she'd be back or something... but his honor was too important apparently. Also, +++++ Grey Worm. 

This.  So. Much. This. 

I am trying to figure out why you spend 8 seasons developing Jon Snow only to have him back to where he was in episode 1

I actually have liked this season, and while rushed, I bought Dany’s Mad Queen turn. But I thought the finale was just ok. I thought the song of ice and fire thing from Sam was cringy. And the whole thing with The North just being allowed to leave bugged me. I mean, The Vale literally seceded from the 7 kingdoms with The North just last season. Why would they just randomly change their mind? Sansa was the whole reason they joined The North, and she is in charge now, wouldn’t they want to join them in leaving the 7 kingdoms even more now? And the Iron Islands have fought for independence how many times? And they are just going to hear the new King allow his sister to independently rule his homeland and accept that without pushing for their own independence? Doesn’t make sense.

It’s not a big deal I suppose, but to me it makes this relatively peaceful ending not very believable. 

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

I actually have liked this season, and while rushed, I bought Dany’s Mad Queen turn. But I thought the finale was just ok. I thought the song of ice and fire thing from Sam was cringy. And the whole thing with The North just being allowed to leave bugged me. I mean, The Vale literally seceded from the 7 kingdoms with The North just last season. Why would they just randomly change their mind? Sansa was the whole reason they joined The North, and she is in charge now, wouldn’t they want to join them in leaving the 7 kingdoms even more now? And the Iron Islands have fought for independence how many times? And they are just going to hear the new King allow his sister to independently rule his homeland and accept that without pushing for their own independence? Doesn’t make sense.

It’s not a big deal I suppose, but to me it makes this relatively peaceful ending not very believable. 

The Vale not leaving appears to be in line with the apparen ascension with Robin Arryn as perhaps a capable leader. 

The Vale not leaving appears to be in line with the apparen ascension with Robin Arryn as perhaps a capable leader. 

Yea, he definitely picked a convenient time to become a fully functioning, well adjusted adult.