Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Game of Thrones: The Final Season --- FULL SPOILER ALERT STARTING PAGE FOUR! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Just now, rudolro said:

I can see that. I think I'm going to give it a shot

I wouldn't view this thread anymore then because it's going to be spoilery in here. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So can we please talk about this...

Hide contents

hXxTdxr.png

U6bo89X.jpg

I was wondering what that represented.  Holy shit. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That was a great trip back into Westeros.

Worth the wait. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I thought Jon would have been a little more skeptical with Sam telling him his heritage. Cool to see Jon finally ride a dragon!

down in a hole.jpg

25 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was wondering what that represented.  Holy shit. 

I'm not sure what it represents but it has shown up a few times throughout the series. 

Definitely a solid episode to setup the last 5.

I got a real kick out of Daenerys trying to reward Sam, and just revealing that she murdered his family instead. 

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

I thought Jon would have been a little more skeptical with Sam telling him his heritage. Cool to see Jon finally ride a dragon!

Maybe Daenerys will be skeptical. I mean kinda of odd to tell Sam his father/brother were executed by Daenerys (ie gives Sam some motive to lie to hurt Daenerys) and then he immediately tells Jon who his true parents are. It does make more sense for Daenerys to question it as she has less reason to trust Sam/believe the three eyed raven and she would also have to give up her crown (she is the one that is so high on the "rightful" ruler bit). 

Alright so who lives, who dies and who ends up on the iron throne?

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I'll give two guesses, realistic prediction and crazy/insane prediction.

Realistic prediction:

Who Dies:

1.) Bron dies (gets stopped in his tracks by second guessing himself while aiming the crossbow at Tyrion and gets cut down by Jaime).

2.) Euron Greyjoy is killed by Cersei.

3.) Cersei dies at the hands of Jaime.

4.) Jaime is then killed by The Mountain.

5.) Brianne of Tarth dies by the White Walkers while trying to save Sansa and Arya which will fulfill her oath.

6.) Beric Dondarrian dies at the hands of the Night King.

7.) The Hound and The Mountain both die fighting each other (nobody wins). 

8.) The rest of the Nightswatch dies fighting the White Walkers.

9.) Jorah Mormont dies protecting Dany.

10.) Bran sacrifices himself to save Jon from the Night King.

11.) Melisandre gives a special power to Jon before dying that will allow him to defeat the Night King.

11.) Jon kills the Night King, but then dies from his injuries.

Who lives:

1.) Dany takes the throne with Varys as her Hand of the Queen. Dany gives birth to Jon's son.

2.) Sansa rules as Warden of the North and remarries Tyrion (he's the only man to ever love/respect her). 

3.) Arya marries Gendry.

5.) Tormund is the leader of the wildlings.

6.) Sam and Gilly settle down and he writes the story Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire (Lord of the Rings style).

Crazy insane prediction:

Who dies:

1.) Everybody, Westeros is a graveyard. 

Who lives:

Bran, aka the Night King. He was the Night King all along and played everyone for a fool. He destroys Westeros and covers the entire landscape causing a never ending winter. Winter Has Come. 

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

Final scene will be Jon Snow sitting on the iron throne, then he takes his face off to reveal it's actually littlefinger. "Valar Morghulis" and roll credits.

Then we sit back and watch the world burn

I enjoyed episode 1. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, saying it was too slow and nothing really happened. But, i feel like they needed to set everything up so we can get the payoffs with the story as the season progresses. 

Spoiler

It was cool to see Jon riding Rhaegal. And you even saw him control Rhaegal by getting him to land down by the waterfalls. Before that it was basically just him following Daenerys and Drogon. You see the intimacy/bond between Jon and Daenerys increasing. Then obviously later we get the reveal of Jon finding out who he really is. It will be interesting to see how they go about revealing this to Daenerys. I wonder how she will react to the news of this perfect guy that she has fallen in love with being the true successor to the iron throne. 

The only complaint i have about it is that it was way too short. I would be fine with 2 hour episodes haha. I'm hoping that when they release the actual season to dvd/bluray that we get some extra/extended length scenes (LOTR)

I don't know what you guys are taking about. Episode sucked. Boring. The dragon riding scene was cringe. The reveal to John was bad too and it was just regurgitating stuff the audience already know. Looks like another season where we have to wait until the last episode before something happens. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't know what you guys are taking about. Episode sucked. Boring. The dragon riding scene was cringe. The reveal to John was bad too and it was just regurgitating stuff the audience already know. Looks like another season where we have to wait until the last episode before something happens. 

Jon didn't know though. I'm glad they did the reveal in episode 1 rather than dragging it out through the season. 

In the after show talk, they discussed the dragon ride scene and how it is there to cement that Jon is a Targaryen. They mention, "only Targaryens can ride dragons." And that Jon is a little slow on the uptick. I think Jon is going to struggle with accepting the information that came from Sam and then things will start to connect for him.