Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WasatchAggie

Massive poor sportsmanship by Nevada players after the game.

If there is one thing that is absolutely clear in all of this ...

It is that Neil Diamond should be sanctioned by the MWC and that incendiary song “ Sweet Caroline” should never be allowed to be played again.😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

1 hour ago, Jaredcg said:

Then Coefield doesn’t really know why she was suspended.

“UNLV’s Paris Strawtheris being issued a one-game suspension for a repeat violation of Mountain West Rule 4 – Sportsmanship.”

Even if Caroline violated sportsmanship it wasn’t multiple times like Paris. Good try Coefield though, I’m sure the listeners ate it up.

well, it was her 'second' time. like i said, the first shouldn't have been called that in the first place, and it cost them the game against Boise. but i get your point. what saves Caroline is that it is essentially in the locker room. if he had acted that way (obviously minus the fire extinguisher) on the court he'd have been getting a mini vacation. but he knows better.

2 minutes ago, mondego said:

Not to further inflame things here, but are we going to ignore the fact that Nevada's players had 1-Made it back to their locker room and 2-Came flying out to start something that would have ended very poorly had someone not restrained them? Not a good look. 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So they were just reacting to nothing? 

4 minutes ago, mondego said:

Not to further inflame things here, but are we going to ignore the fact that Nevada's players had 1-Made it back to their locker room and 2-Came flying out to start something that would have ended very poorly had someone not restrained them? Not a good look. 

Like I said, they had to hear something at 3:46 in this video that cause the coaching staff to come out of the locker room and then Caroline goes off.  We need audio of the incident. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Like I said, they had to hear something at 3:46 in this video that cause the coaching staff to come out of the locker room and then Caroline goes off.  We need audio of the incident. 

probably when the USU assistant yelled 'go f*** yourself'.

just sayin.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hey mug, what's our cut on the traffic we're responsible for generating in this thread? 

I think at the very least Aggie fans should get their choice of vanilla or French vanilla ice cream.

I'll take a Blue moon thank you

41 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Does it matter if something was said though?  Caroline came running out to escalate things to a physical nature.  Can't do that no matter what.  

Just now, toonkee said:

Does it matter if something was said though?  Caroline came running out to escalate things to a physical nature.  Can't do that no matter what.  

Caroline likely overreacted to what was said. I’m not disputing that.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

Caroline likely overreacted to what was said. I’m not disputing that.  

It feels to me that some are trying to justify the physical aggression from the fact that JC's buttons were pushed?

I do not buy that for a second.  I can see how JC could be set-off by something, but he becomes 100% responsible once he gets physical.    

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I would like to be the first of probably many to give a BIG shoutout to the USU janitorial folks.  Seriously, those freaking hallways are as shiny as a new dime in a goats butt. 

Good job Aggies!!

You should thank yBu.  Our janitorial staff are byu mechanical/civil engineering grads.  Our grounds crew is their dream promotion.

6 hours ago, TrueAg said:

I think the Conference is dragging their feet because they have seen the same security footage as is described and they are struggling with how (or if) to "punish" what amounts to their star program this year and a conference POY candidate. That has to be weighed out versus letting the national media run with what they have and let USU take some of the blame for it and hope it blows over quickly. 

If it were to now come out that the incident caught on tape was actually filmed after the entire Nevada team and staff had entered their locker room without incident and what we saw in the viral tunnel videos was actually the aftermath of inter-squad fighting involving players and staff trying to stop Caroline from storming the USU locker room after leaving his own is something entirely different than what is being talked about currently. Caroline would suddenly go from a possible victim to now being out of his mind and attempting to rush the opposing locker room and also inciting conflict on his own team.

Now that the tape has been released and it ìs exactly as was described by the USU 247 writer does the national media back track about the narrative they helped push out? Not likely. 

8 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

So, Caroline goes from despondent about the loss to “I’m gonna kill me an Aggie” because a Utah State assistant down the hall yelled, “Hey NevAHda! Good game NeVAHda!” 

Caroline was like, “Oh! MFer! You did NOT just say NevAHda! That does it!!!”

What would have been said that would have justified that reaction?  Is there anything that a USU coach could have said that would have justified acting like a maniac?  I’m curious. 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Rule #1 of MWC Sportsmanship is if you're going to throw a manbaby tantrum and completely lose your shit and damage property like a f*cking loon don't do it on camera.

I thought it was settle your disputes in a Best Buy parking lot.  Or is that Rule #2 of MWC Sportsmanship?

1 minute ago, cosinama said:

What would have been said that would have justified that reaction?  Is there anything that a USU coach could have said that would have justified acting like a maniac?  I’m curious. 

I’m not going to speculate on what was said other than to joke about it. 

And if I was being serious in speculating about what was said I’d be accused of besmirching the entire Agge fan base.

I think the MWC was wise to move on and let the two programs handle it internally. 

1 minute ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I’m not going to speculate on what was said other than to joke about it. 

And if I was being serious in speculating about what was said I’d be accused of besmirching the entire Agge fan base.

I think the MWC was wise to move on and let the two programs handle it internally. 

So are you taking the position that Caroline was completely justified in his reaction?