Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WasatchAggie

Massive poor sportsmanship by Nevada players after the game.

10 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

For what its worth here is what the 247 Sports writer for USU is saying per his sources.   He is usually really careful about his stuff and has good ins. The post is on the USU fan site for what its worth.  If true its stranger that what is being reported.

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48919&view=unread#unread

I still think it is overblown.  Even if this version is accurate.  Just move on.  However, USU is getting trashed nationally for crowd control and alleged rascist statements, neither of which seems to have any basis in fact.  USU security did a great job with the court rush in isolating Nevadas players from the fans.  This version if too suggests that Nevada made it to their locker rooms and then Caroline rushed out followed by the team toward the USU side.  If true it also possibly makes the cop's actions a bit more rational. Who knows.

Obviously the lesson to be learned here is that reno players are a bunch of uncontrollable thugs and criminals. 

Nothing we didnt already know,  but now they should be suspended and probably sitting in the back of squad cars before days end. 

Might as well lock up Muss too, for lack of institutional control. 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

@hickaggie

You're a legend!   

You going to attend the MWC Tourney?   I assume that with the success of USU, there will be tons of USU fans at the MWC tourney this year.

Nah.  We're playing in the UTFL this year instead of the RMFL so Football season starts that week for me.   I can lend you my Aggie gear though.  Maybe you can get on the Packs nerves for us.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, hickaggie said:

Nah.  We're playing in the UTFL this year instead of the RMFL so Football season starts that week for me.   I can lend you my Aggie gear though.  Maybe you can get on the Packs nerves for us.

Also, did you see that the kid from Mantua (Riley Burt) transferred to USU?

Now we only have one Mantua player on the BYU roster. 

Just now, qwelish said:

Obviously the lesson to be learned here is that reno players are a bunch of uncontrollable thugs and criminals. 

Nothing we didnt already know,  but now they should be suspended and probably sitting in the back of squad cars before days end. 

Thats going a bit far isnt' it..lol.   I'm sure its Tarks fault somehow anyway.

1 minute ago, hickaggie said:

Thats going a bit far isnt' it..lol.   I'm sure its Tarks fault somehow anyway.

Perhaps, but these reno people are animals. Its something about the reno air that infects the minds of men.

It's best to lock up everyone involved til after the mwc tournament just to make sure.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Also, did you see that the kid from Mantua (Riley Burt) transferred to USU?

Now we only have one Mantua player on the BYU roster. 

Yeah, my mom was pretty excited.  Good friends with the family.  I'm out that loop now.  He's an athlete and we did lose our top RB.   If he can block I don't see why there shouldn't be some reps.  I thought he was an underrated kick returner too as a freshman.  Good kid.  Who knows the Aggies have had some success lately with Zoob transfers.

4 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I don't condone damaging property during a tantrum, or touching players on the court. Shit isn't settled yet. You rebs are insufferable pricks sometimes

4 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I don't condone damaging property during a tantrum, or touching players on the court. Shit isn't settled yet. You rebs are insufferable pricks sometimes

Breaking the glass holding a 🧯 is a misdemeanor.

36 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I believe the fire extinguisher glass hooked Caroline's arm and should have been T'd up.

This is the only reasonable take. MWCboard take note.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

22 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

For what its worth here is what the 247 Sports writer for USU is saying per his sources.   He is usually really careful about his stuff and has good ins. The post is on the USU fan site for what its worth.  If true its stranger that what is being reported.

I still think it is overblown.  Even if this version is accurate.  Just move on.  However, USU is getting trashed nationally for crowd control and alleged rascist statements, neither of which seems to have any basis in fact.  USU security did a great job with the court rush in isolating Nevadas players from the fans.  This version if too suggests that Nevada made it to their locker rooms and then Caroline rushed out followed by the team toward the USU side.  If true it also possibly makes the cop's actions a bit more rational. Who knows.

I totally buy this!!!  Obviously, someone on the aggies side is going to be so truthful!!!  Good thing neither UNR or USU were in the WAC back in the 80's.  You would have been crying daily!!! 

down in a hole.jpg

9 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I get to yell at them in person at the T&M in about 11 days.

Am looking forward to it.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

59 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I can give you this much. It wasn't the USU fans or its players that caused JC to react. Let's just say in the heat of the moment after an emotional game an assistant coach said something he shouldn't have said to JC and JC overreacted and did something he shouldn't have done. Racism was not involved, and both offenses (by the assistant and JC) are forgivable. Neither the coach nor player will likely be sanctioned by the conference, and most likely neither school will either, and that is probably the correct decision. 

Quit trying to be reasonable. You are cutting down on board entertainment. 

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Barriers began being placed in the Thomas & Mack Center as the result of what I understood to be confrontations between UNLV and BYU fans (including Sara Cummard) during the MWC tournament a number of years ago. The photo posted by mugtang shows a barrier between what one assumes is the USU student section and the court. The Show at SDSU is nationally known for "taunting" opposing teams yet there has never been a need to put a barrier between them and the court because SDSU's administration has made it clear physical contact with opposing players or officials or the threat of it won't be tolerated. Which begs this question. Is there a barrier between your student section and the court because there have been problems like this in the past?

They need to install those plastic windows they use at hockey rinks. 

Just now, Broncomare said:

I totally buy this!!!  Obviously, someone on the aggies side is going to be so truthful!!!  Good thing neither UNR or USU were in the WAC back in the 80's.  You would have been crying daily!!! 

I have no idea.  It should be taken with a huge grain of salt.  But come on what have we come too.    It wasn't even a good old fashioned fist fight or a blue water bomb.   Students were mean to an opposing player.   One guy got incidentally touched when he was helping his teammate.  A guy blew up after a tense game with shitty officials with a championship on the line.   Coaches jawed at each other.  This isn't even dramatic stuff.   Yet here we are with a frickin national story.  I could make a comment about millennial culture but I won't..lol

Honestly how many opposing players have ever been injured in a court storming at any level of basketball?  Even before the lawyer ordered security measures.  

35 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

"The world may never know what it was that caused Jordan Caroline to snap but his actions should be career ending for him. He essentially attempted to incite a riot and damaged private property in the process."

With due respect, I wouldn’t say that comment was being careful. Suspended for the first game of the MWC I'll buy but career ending? C’mon! Caroline damaged private property but trying to incite a riot? Was Caroline grabbing teammates and dragging them along with him and  we all somehow missed that?

Well,

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, hickaggie said:

I have no idea.  It should be taken with a huge grain of salt.  But come on what have we come too.    It wasn't even a good old fashioned fist fight or a blue water bomb.   Students were mean to an opposing player.   One guy got incidentally touched when he was helping his teammate.  A guy blew up after a tense game with shitty officials with a championship on the line.   Coaches jawed at each other.  This isn't even dramatic stuff.   Yet here we are with a frickin national story.  I could make a comment about millennial culture but I won't..lol

Honestly how many opposing players have ever been injured in a court storming at any level of basketball?  Even before the lawyer ordered security measures.  

I think the whole thing was staged!  Look at the interest in the MWC playoff now!!  Thank you UNR & USU for taking one for the conference.  

down in a hole.jpg

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

They need to install those plastic windows they use at hockey rinks. 

Probably easier to just remove all fire extinguishers. How often does anyone really use them anyway? 

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

"The world may never know what it was that caused Jordan Caroline to snap but his actions should be career ending for him. He essentially attempted to incite a riot and damaged private property in the process."

With due respect, I wouldn’t say that comment was being careful. Suspended for the first game of the MWC I'll buy but career ending? C’mon! He acts as if Caroline punched a UNR player.

Well,

I don't agree with the conclusion at all.  However, I do know the poster personally and he's usually pretty careful with his sources and opinions.   I hope it just goes away.  But when we blow everything so out of proportion these days thing like this get acted on.   I hope not.