Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WasatchAggie

Massive poor sportsmanship by Nevada players after the game.

7 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Wait....so Caroline went ape shit because one USU assistant didn’t shake hands with a Nevada assistant and/or a fan may have touched Martin’s back 45 minutes earlier?  Seems rational. 

Oh stop it. We don't know all that happened.....let's just wait and see, shall we? 

4 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Oh stop it. We don't know all that happened.....let's just wait and see, shall we? 

So you would admit that neither of those would justify Caroline’s actions? I don’t see anything else being discussed here. What could have happened that would’ve possibly justified his reaction? 

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

From what I recall, most of that was TIC pot-stirring from a Nevada fan and some real speculation thrown in there for good measure. And had the Pack been able to win the three games they lost (which was not unfathomable), it could have happened. But that's neither here nor there now. The question I have is......is freudenshade the opposite of Schadenfreude? 

I knew that didn't look right lol.

sgl679d.jpg

7 minutes ago, cosinama said:

So you would admit that neither of those would justify Caroline’s actions? I don’t see anything else being discussed here. What could have happened that would’ve possibly justified his reaction? 

You don't know what happened that caused Caroline to react the way he did. 

Everybody just rushing to their predictable corners. My team good. Your team bad. All over a fire extinguisher and a few F bombs.

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

the USU band needs to learn this song prior to the MWC Tourney for Nevada players warmups

If it's an AM start time I suggest the Choo-Choo State band mockingly play this song as Nevada warms up...........

18 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Hey!?  They let you out?  O Frabjous Day!

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I hope all of you understand that we will not be getting much, if anything, from the MWC investigation.  We'll get some whitewashed statement from the MWC office, along with whatever they feel is appropriate as "punishment".

Many of you are suggesting that we wait until the investigation runs its' course.  While this is correct, we probably won't know anymore than we already know along with whatever "public reprimands" comes out of the MWC office.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, Wyoming Tight End said:

Worst hit I have seen since that thug from my beloved Cowboys tried to do the two step on the head of a Lobo's player.

How long is he out for??? I am hoping for a speedy recovery!

So as long as there's no physical injury to an opposing player it's OK for fans of the home team to touch them? Great take and the conference should change its rules accordingly.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You don't know what happened that caused Caroline to react the way he did. 

Everybody just rushing to their predictable corners. My team good. Your team bad. All over a fire extinguisher and a few F bombs.

That’s why I’m asking. Is there something that happened other than this? because the reaction doesn’t seem proportionate.

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I think the chant sheets are good...to a point. But when they start diving into the personal lives of the players, that's classless. If one of those fans had his personal life put on blast like that, I'm sure they'd be furious. 

This year's USU players have not only married the mothers of their children but they also remember all of their grandchildrens birthdays.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

IT should have been a technical foul on the crowd, no doubt.

Touching a member of the same sex would have been an Honor Code violation at BYU.

21 minutes ago, cosinama said:

I don't know what was said. It's hard to justify anyone's reaction without knowing what they were reacting to, don't you think? But what has been said so far has never been a coach not shaking hands....it has been a coach saying "f*#k you". I'd probably be hot about it too, especially if there were more leading up to it, but that's just speculation at this point. I don't know what happened exactly. 

2 hours ago, aggzilla said:

This. I see pointing and taunting. No definitive touching. I’m sure there was a CBSSN cameraman on the opposite baseline that might have a better angle of this moment in question.

Barriers began being placed in the Thomas & Mack Center as the result of what I understood to be confrontations between UNLV and BYU fans (including Sara Cummard) during the MWC tournament a number of years ago. The photo posted by mugtang shows a barrier between what one assumes is the USU student section and the court. The Show at SDSU is nationally known for "taunting" opposing teams yet there has never been a need to put a barrier between them and the court because SDSU's administration has made it clear physical contact with opposing players or officials or the threat of it won't be tolerated. Which begs this question. Is there a barrier between your student section and the court because there have been problems like this in the past?

Boom goes the dynamite.

24 minutes ago, cosinama said:

f61b645ffc327e8bc2e03c4c47a10278.jpg

1 minute ago, cosinama said:

That’s why I’m asking. Is there something that happened other than this? because the reaction doesn’t seem proportionate.

I can give you this much. It wasn't the USU fans or its players that caused JC to react. Let's just say in the heat of the moment after an emotional game an assistant coach said something he shouldn't have said to JC and JC overreacted and did something he shouldn't have done. Racism was not involved, and both offenses (by the assistant and JC) are forgivable. Neither the coach nor player will likely be sanctioned by the conference, and most likely neither school will either, and that is probably the correct decision.