Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WasatchAggie

Massive poor sportsmanship by Nevada players after the game.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

In October

I remember many of us being excited, but I don't recall being pompous asses about it. Maybe a few. But it is what it is. We're good, but not perfect. Such is life.

18 minutes ago, pokebball said:

If 1 & 2 are accurate (that touching was happening all game long) why didn't Muss get them immediately off of the court after the game.  Why send the players through the handshake line knowing the students were going to rush the court?

I remain very surprised at the way Muss and the rest of the team are acting/reacting in the tunnel.  All but a player or two, seem not to be interested in diffusing the situation, including Muss and the rest of the coaches.  I admittedly don't know what transpired before that but I feel disappointed that the coaches, on both sides, let it go, and perhaps contributed to the situation.

Yeah...then there would be a shit storm for not shaking hands. And besides that, they had to go past USU to get to their locker anyway....how would they even bypass the handshake line? Army crawl past USU and hope they didn't see them? 

You're right....you don't know what transpired. I think it's hard for anyone who wasn't there to speculate as to what didn't happen. 

Just now, qwelish said:

Please show me on this doll where the usu fans touched you.

Is that where this has gotten? 

I cant believe this is still going and that this is how reno acts when theyre supposed to be good.

I'm not for over blowing things. However, because Nevada is supposed to be good that means illegal physical interaction(in terms of game play), should just be ignored? Take it because you're good? Makes no sense

I love the members of the former "Big 3" jumping in here. SDSU, you'll get yours soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Rosegreen said:

Reno finishing league play: 

ObedientDentalFlies-size_restricted.gif

Might be an accurate representation of the final standings. With the way we're playing right now, we may at least lose another 

6 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I remember many of us being excited, but I don't recall being pompous asses about it. Maybe a few. But it is what it is. We're good, but not perfect. Such is life.

No, but there was a lot of naivete from Reno fans wondering out loud about Reno could being a #1 seed, be ranked #1, go undefeated through conference, etc. so I'm enjoying the freudenshade.  

39 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

My understanding of what happened is this:

1. Utah State fans were touching and taunting Nevada players all game. Taunting is fine, it’s not tiddlywinks. But beyond incidental contact, if fans are intentionally reaching out and making physical contact with players while taunting, security should put a stop to it immediately. 

2. The Nevada coaching staff complained about it to security all game long. They were told to sit down and STFU, by one particularly aggressive security guard who can later be seen in the tunnel pushing Nevada assistant Todd Okeson and Coach Musselman and yelling at them to “Get to your room!”

3. During the postgame handshakes, one Utah State assistant refused to shake hands and then later, just outside the tunnel, told them all to “go f&$k yourselves”. You can hear Nevada assistant Gus Argenal complaining about that, as well as security not doing enough to protect the players during the game or postgame.

You're leaving out one tiny detail. :whistle:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

44 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

USU fans probably should NOT have been touching the Nevada player (Build the Wall), but no one got hurt.  

Stunner... it is not ok even if no one ‘got hurt’. 

43 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

My understanding of what happened is this:

1. Utah State fans were touching and taunting Nevada players all game. Taunting is fine, it’s not tiddlywinks. But beyond incidental contact, if fans are intentionally reaching out and making physical contact with players while taunting, security should put a stop to it immediately. 

2. The Nevada coaching staff complained about it to security all game long. They were told to sit down and STFU, by one particularly aggressive security guard who can later be seen in the tunnel pushing Nevada assistant Todd Okeson and Coach Musselman and yelling at them to “Get to your room!”

3. During the postgame handshakes, one Utah State assistant refused to shake hands and then later, just outside the tunnel, told them all to “go f&$k yourselves”. You can hear Nevada assistant Gus Argenal complaining about that, as well as security not doing enough to protect the players during the game or postgame.

And I’m guessing #3 is what set Caroline off. LIttle over the top though. 

19 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I suggest changing the title of this OP to "Touched by an angel Aggie!"

Or “Leaving Aggieland”

Wish I could photoshop this into “aggieland”. 

large_neverland-poster-2.JPG

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

No, but there was a lot of naivete from Reno fans wondering out loud about Reno could being a #1 seed, be ranked #1, go undefeated through conference, etc. so I'm enjoying the freudenshade.  

To be fair, Nevada fans were not the only ones who wondered that. And as I recall from the "can Nevada go undefeated" thread, which was started by a fan of another fanbase, very few if any Nevada fans thought they would go undefeated. 

13 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Please show me on this doll where the usu fans touched you.

Is that where this has gotten? 

I cant believe this is still going and that this is how reno acts when theyre supposed to be good.

Damn you and your marginally faster sense of humor.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Reno,

Please show us on the doll where Aggie fan touched you.

Nevada_hb.JPG

LOL! That's the question really. Fans were storming the court. Players are probably going to get touched. How were they being "touched" that set them off like that?