Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada At Utah State

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t buy that theory. The Big East and eastern teams in general play a more physical game and they don’t get bounced early. I think the MWC teams just haven’t been as good. I do agree that Nevada does play good defense without fouling. I don’t think they will get beyond the Sweet 16. They are not a dominating team on the national level.  Beside that anyone can lose at any time in the Dance. All the teams are good and one lousy shooting game and you are history. 

Oh your right, the big east teams play very physical defense the way it’s supposed be. Comparing BE defensive style to the mwc style is like comparing apples to oranges.so maybe I worded wrong Nevada plays physical just not to the mwc standard of mugging which the refs let go.

30 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Oh your right, the big east teams play very physical defense the way it’s supposed be. Comparing BE defensive style to the mwc style is like comparing apples to oranges.so maybe I worded wrong Nevada plays physical just not to the mwc standard of mugging which the refs let go.

From my experience watching MWC games the refs either call every touch foul or they let anything go. The let anything go refs hurt players like the twins, but benefit guys like Caroline. But in general the wrestling match type games hurt teams with good skill players. 

They benefitted a team like UNM had several years ago with Bairstow and the other big kid who were maulers. 

Its a misnomer to call them MWC refs as the same refs are officiating games in the MWC, the PAC, the WCC, the BWC, and even some national games. I think it would benefit the MWC to have their own refs and give them better training. Also, make them more accountable. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

From my experience watching MWC games the refs either call every touch foul or they let anything go. The let anything go refs hurt players like the twins, but benefit guys like Caroline. But in general the wrestling match type games hurt teams with good skill players. 

They benefitted a team like UNM had several years ago with Bairstow and the other big kid who were maulers. 

Its a misnomer to call them MWC refs as the same refs are officiating games in the MWC, the PAC, the WCC, the BWC, and even some national games. I think it would benefit the MWC to have their own refs and give them better training. Also, make them more accountable. 

The crew that worked SDSU and USU let them play a bit more. I really liked it and thought it made for a great defensive and physical game.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is for the outright title in my view. If Nevada ties for the title, this team should and would be ashamed of hanging that banner.

I agree with that sentiment. Not winning the outright title would have an incredibly sour taste. 

1 minute ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

I agree with that sentiment. Not winning the outright title would have an incredibly sour taste. 

Not to mention it bodes very badly for the rest of the month. The atmosphere is gonna be A+. They are gonna learn something about themselves, for better or worse.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is for the outright title in my view. If Nevada ties for the title, this team should and would be ashamed of hanging that banner.

Reno's banner hanging has no shame.

BhhcjnICUAExLSZ.jpg

Just now, toonkee said:

Reno's banner hanging has no shame.

BhhcjnICUAExLSZ.jpg

I hate those so much.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

29 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Queta has to play a lot of minutes. If he only plays 16 like against SDSU, this game will be  ugly. 

And not get stupid Ts for taunting. Prediction: if USU wins Craig smith is crowd surfing in the student section 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

When UNLV drops basketball we’ll hang yours too.

Lawlor's roof would collapse if you tried hang all our banners and retired jerseys.

Merrill, Brito and Miller can all play. usu plays with good size in the back court and Merrill has game.

They can dump it into Queta and he can go to work too. 

usu was 17-17 8-10 last year, and lost Coby Mcewen. 

Theres a lot of continuity on the usu roster.

53 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Lawlor's roof would collapse if you tried hang all banners and retired jerseys.

We don’t hang jerseys of guys who never attended college.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I hate those so much.  

I thought they were going to take those down??  The only CBI banner was to be the championship one. 

I haven't even looked to see if they were still there.

We should keep those banners wherever we keep David Carter's picture.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Nevada has a really, really good team. I’m hopeful but not optimistic.

I’m nervous about this one. We seem to not react well to loud crowds.