Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada At Utah State

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I hate them all over again.

That said, give the coach COY, Merril POY, Queta FOY

Good this conference needs some good old hatred in Basketball.   Will of course be rooting for the west in the tournament. **** the goats but I now have a reason to watch.

I suspect after getting beaten by SDSU and USU in front of extremely raucous crowds Nevada will be on a vendetta to reverse those two losses in the MWCT. Poking the bear twice is going to piss him off. 

The Nevada basketball crowds need to get their act together. They are too polite to opposing teams. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

I suspect after getting beaten by SDSU and USU in front of extremely raucous crowds Nevada will be on a vendetta to reverse those two losses in the MWCT. Poking the bear twice is going to piss him off. 

The Nevada crowds need to get their act together. They are too polite to opposing teams. 

That is what I noticed at the last game..... They are loud when Nevada has the ball and quiet while on defense.... not used to this attention.... watch UNM, SDSU and USU training videos

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Nevada basketball crowds need to get their act together. They are too polite to opposing teams. 

They need to play a little angrier. I don’t have data to support this, but it seems like they’ve been losing a lot of 50/50 balls. And they’ve been getting beat on the boards. Caroline has been floating around on the perimeter too much. And that’s not just last night either. 

When right and on a neutral floor, we’re the best team in this league. But the gap is clearly not as significant as some thought earlier in the year, and it gets narrowed quickly when the other team is playing with more passion and energy. 

I hope last night finally gets them going. 

15 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Thanks but all I get is a black +++++ing  screen. I hate @cbssportsnetwork

I don’t like them either. Hardly anyone get cbs sports network  and it’s so expensive to get them if you can.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

They need to play a little angrier. I don’t have data to support this, but it seems like they’ve been losing a lot of 50/50 balls. And they’ve been getting beat on the boards. Caroline has been floating around on the perimeter too much. And that’s not just last night either. 

When right and on a neutral floor, we’re the best team in this league. But the gap is clearly not as significant as some thought earlier in the year, and it gets narrowed quickly when the other team is playing with more passion and energy. 

I hope last night finally gets them going. 

When you get into conference play teams know your tendencies and weaknesses a lot better and there are some good home crowds in the MWC that make things difficult. Then you have the long travel and elevation diffences to deal with. Even a really good team which Nevada has, its tough getting through conference play unscathed. 

Overrated 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

I don’t like them either. Hardly anyone get cbs sports network  and it’s so expensive to get them if you can.

Youtubetv has cbs sports relatively cheap...$40 a month for their base package.

12 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Here is video of court rushing ar about the two minute mark. Clear view of Nevada team. No incidents between fans or coaches.

That video isn't as useful as a couple others out there. That said, they all pretty much suggest no fan touched a Nevada player and that Caroline was calm as he walked off the court. Therefore, you have to wonder what Caroline heard in the tunnel and from whom.

Boom goes the dynamite.

56 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That video isn't as useful as a couple others out there. That said, they all pretty much suggest no fan touched a Nevada player and that Caroline was calm as he walked off the court. Therefore, you have to wonder what Caroline heard in the tunnel and from whom.

from a local sports writer and radio guy...

https://twitter.com/TheGrandDanny/status/1102271223495442432

https://twitter.com/TheGrandDanny/status/1102271224934100992

https://twitter.com/TheGrandDanny/status/1102271226423042048

I'm not sure why but playing "Sweet Caroline" after home wins is pretty common these days and yesterday wasn't Nevada's first road loss so it would be surprising if that would have set him off so badly. And why did the one Nevada coach point at somebody down the hallway and say to the cop something like "That's him, the guy by himself"?

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I'm not sure why but playing "Sweet Caroline" after home wins is pretty common these days and yesterday wasn't Nevada's first road loss so it would be surprising if that would have set him off so badly. And why did the one Nevada coach point at somebody down the hallway and say to the cop something like "That's him, the guy by himself"?

I don’t know. I was just trying to share information.

6 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I don’t know. I was just trying to share information.

I wasn't questioning you but rather Hansen, whoever he is. As a further example, he mentions what a hard fought and significant game it was so "easy to poke the bear" or some such thing but in another tweet says there was no excuse for Caroline to punch the extinguisher holder. So I read that as him saying the tense game was a mitigating factor but didn't justify breaking the glass and absent getting more info (use of the "N" word by a USU assistant for example), with that I would agree.

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, aztech said:

Nevada has lost before against MWC teams this year.  There was no bad blood spilled after those losses.  So why did it happen against USU.  Just asking.

I think part of it could be the number of really bad foul calls and how physical the game was. That was one of the worst officiated games I have seen in my life. When was the last time you saw 7 players foul out in a single game? 

Perhaps @Bob could chime in here with some analysis as he predicted a Nevada blowout. I’m sure @AndroidAggie would appreciate what I’m sure will be a well thought out analysis. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

I think part of it could be the number of really bad foul calls and how physical the game was. That was one of the worst officiated games I have seen in my life. When was the last time you saw 7 players foul out in a single game? 

Perhaps @Bob could chime in here with some analysis as he predicted a Nevada blowout. I’m sure @AndroidAggie would appreciate what I’m sure will be a well thought out analysis. 

@Bob please swing by and fulfill our wildest dreams

1 hour ago, aztech said:

Nevada has lost before against MWC teams this year.  There was no bad blood spilled after those losses.  So why did it happen against USU.  Just asking.

i think the only natural, obvious, and logical conclusion is that usu fans are scum of the earth and probably racist.

2 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i think the only natural, obvious, and logical conclusion is that usu fans are scum of the earth and probably racist.

I though that went without saying.

UNR whined all night, just like their coach.   No Surprise they kept whining after the game was over and cried in the Tunnel.   Get over it, you lost.   Move onto the next one.  

USU played a great game and beat the best UNR team they have ever had with a bunch of talented dudes.  Muss is whiner, dude should be in drama school.