Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada At Utah State

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

your colors are blue and white, you are all LDS, you are corny as +++++, you tried to kill the MWC as BYU was exiting. All this equals BYU Jr.

that's very serious, indeed.

i'm unfamiliar with the attempted murder of the MWC.  could you specify the timeline of events, persons/parties involved, and historical context?

11 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Do we need to have a preliminary hearing before this murder trial? Jesus this took a left turn

I think Bob's opinions on USU are valid, worth reading, and that he's definitely not a byu fan in disguise 

Nevada opens as a 1/2 point favorite in Vegas. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

your colors are blue and white, you are all LDS, you are corny as +++++, you tried to kill the MWC as BYU was exiting. All this equals BYU Jr.

Bob's two favorite teams are Brigham You..., er, uh, Air Force, yeah, that's it Air Force!, and whoever is playing Utah State.

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Nevada does have better athletes and better players. Yes, UNM and SDSU are great home courts. USU has a great shot at winning and it has everything to do with the home court. I think the Spectrum (at its best) is a notch above any arena in the MW. A few reasons for this: the fans are so much closer to the action in the spectrum and the roof is so much lower. Really locks the sound in. That plus 4,000 rabid students. The only outcome that would surprise me is a blowout in either direction. I think this is a close game most of the way. 

The Spectrum, when it's rocking, is every bit as tough a venue as UNM or SDSU. That is something the rest of the league will learn soon enough.  The Show may take second fiddle to those crazy Aggie fans. 

NV & USU are once again competing for conference titles. Just like it used to be.

No matter how this game goes, congrats Aggies, and welcome back.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Nevada as a -0.5 favorite? They say never bet with your heart if you're a homer, but I may just put 50 on Nevada. 

Tell u wut.  Reno wins and you can select my avatar, and it will be kept that way until the beginning of the MW tournament.  USU wins and I choose yours, of course. 

Sure, our 2 losses were on the road at 2 great home court atmospheres, but the guys had to have gone in expecting a much easier game at UNM, and somewhat SDSU even though we’ve had problems with them at times. This is the most experienced starting 5 in the country, and there isn’t going to be any intimidation at all. And at the same time they realize how tough a game this could be and what’s at stake. Muss will ensure they are pumped and ready.

I think Nevada stays cool, calm and fairly loose, while USU is so amped up on adrenaline with their fans that they might put too much into shots and also possibly get into foul trouble early. I’ll bet Muss has a plan to take advantage of an almost too pumped up Aggie team. If Caleb and 1 other gets hot from the 3, it’ll be too much to overcome. The game @Nevada:

49 Utah St.

72 Nevada

In that game both teams didn’t shoot well from the 3 with USU hitting 4-23 (17%) and NV 7-29 (24%). FG’s for USU 16-61 (26%) and NV 24-61 (39%). That’s a 16 point difference right there for NV.  The Pack were also much better at the line shooting 85% 17-20 and USU at 65% 11-17. Nevada shooting better FG’s and Free Throws pretty much accounted for the 23 point win. 

I think the game stays fairly close until around 10 mins left in the 2nd when the adrenaline starts to crash for USU, and the better NV athletes and better NV conditioned athletes for that matter start to separate from USU a bit.

76 Nevada

68 USU

kat.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Sure, our 2 losses were on the road at 2 great home court atmospheres, but the guys had to have gone in expecting a much easier game at UNM, and somewhat SDSU even though we’ve had problems with them at times. This is the most experienced starting 5 in the country, and there isn’t going to be any intimidation at all. And at the same time they realize how tough a game this could be and what’s at stake. Muss will ensure they are pumped and ready.

I think Nevada stays cool, calm and fairly loose, while USU is so amped up on adrenaline with their fans that they might put too much into shots and also possibly get into foul trouble early. I’ll bet Muss has a plan to take advantage of an almost too pumped up Aggie team.

I think the game stays fairly close until around 10 mins left in the 2nd when the adrenaline starts to crash for USU, and the better NV athletes and better NV conditioned athletes for that matter start to separate from USU. 

76 Nevada

68 USU

You couldn’t win at New Mexico or San Diego State.  Go Aggies!  Seven seed for UNR!

800px-Dee_Glen_Smith_Spectrum.jpg

" On March 1, 1990, two former Utah State students set off a water bomb that soaked UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian and other UNLV coaches and players with a blue-green dye. UNLV was awarded two technical free throws and made both of them. UNLV won the game by two points, 84–82."

cerified_Subarus.jpg

This will be a fun one to watch for us that don’t have a horse in the race. When your team is involved in a big game it can be gut wrenching. The refs become your enemies and the announcers grate on your nerves. So Pack and Aggie fans have a few beers before hand to calm your nerves. Let’s see which team is the toughest. 

I hope we don’t hear this shit tomorrow. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater