Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Chosen by God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/1/2019 at 8:29 AM, retrofade said:

Nah, this isn't a cult at all.

So people that believe in God and believe God chose Trump automatically qualify as cult, got it. Leftists are so tolerant of other peoples opinions and beliefs.......

2 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

So people that believe in God and believe God chose Trump automatically qualify as cult, got it. Leftists are so tolerant of other peoples opinions and beliefs.......

That's... that's quite nearly the very definition of a +++++ing cult, you dipshit. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's... that's quite nearly the very definition of a +++++ing cult, you dipshit. 

Not even close dipshit. God, listen to yourself. I don't subscribe to his statements in his speech, but you are spewing hatred and you can't even see it. Get real bigot.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, mugtang said:

I’ve heard this argument made by many evangelicals about any leader they agree with politically.  I think this is more of an evangelical problem than it is a Trump cult problem. 

That would be true right up to the point it is echoed by Pompeo and Sanders. 

You have to suffer from mental illness to believe God chose the most immoral person to ever sit in office as America’s president. But evangelicals come from the same line as the people that said slavery was reflective of Gods design, so I’m not surprised.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, retrofade said:

If there’s a cult going on, it’s the TDS fools like yourself that band together and obsess over Trump 24/7 in the most HATEFUL way possible.  Your cult will continue on because real facts don’t matter, just your “facts” based on nothing but you want them to be. So the TDS cult is alive and strong.

But the good news for normal folks is that people not in your cult will see it for what it really is. There’s a decent amount of people that haven’t been able to get behind the president because they want to see how the investigation plays out. Now that it has, it’ll be interesting to see how his poll numbers change.  He just started taking a hit on his McCain obsession which was a bit too much. But he’s stopped and the numbers will bounce back. I think he could jump as high as 54-55% in Rasmussen on a good day. 

kat.jpg

On 3/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, IanforHeisman said:

You have to suffer from mental illness to believe God chose the most immoral person to ever sit in office as America’s president. But evangelicals come from the same line as the people that said slavery was reflective of Gods design, so I’m not surprised.

Why?  Look, I'm a believer but not an evangelical.  I don't believe God "chose" Trump.  But as a believer, I'm sure as hell not going to limit God's design and plan!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

So, did this all knowing all powerful GOD also choose Obama...twice?

Nah, see... Satan picked Obama. It goes back to Reagan... after Reagan, God told the devil that the US could never have another President as magnificent as the Old Gipper. So he made a deal, I'll choose one President to start with, and then you get the next one and then we'll alternate. So see, God picked GHWB, the Satan got an early pick because reasons, and picked Clinton, then God picked GWB, Satan picked Obama, and now Trump has been anointed as Reagan v2.0, who will end this covenant God will start picking his glorious offspring to lead us from here on out. Trump will serve another term, and then Don Jr. will serve two terms, then Ivanka will serve two terms. Then Eric gets one term, but only because we have to bridge the gap for four years until Barron is old enough to become President. At that point, it'll be Trump grandkids.

So, that all sounds insane. That's also what the QAnon people believe. 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, NVBlueNeck said:

It's one thing to believe there's a God. However, it's an entirely different thing to believe that God would interject himself (assuming God is a man or has any gender) in a presidential election. And it's even more unbelievable that if God actually decided to do that that the person chosen would have been a vile individual like Donald J. Trump. Indeed, if I actually thought pre-2016 that God had determined the result of presidential elections, I'd be very disappointed in him for having chosen undoubtedly the least ethical and least moral person out of those who ran for the office.

Edit: This just occurred to me. If I still believed in that stuff, I might think that God sat this one out and allowed the Devil to determine who was going to win.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It's one thing to believe there's a God. However, it's an entirely different thing to believe that God would interject himself (assuming God is a man or has any gender) in a presidential election. And it's even more unbelievable that if God actually decided to do that that the person chosen would have been a vile individual like Donald J. Trump. Indeed, if I actually thought pre-2016 that God has determined presidential elections, I'd be very disappointed in him for having chosen undoubtedly the least ethical and least moral person out of those who ran for the office.

You have your opinion about Trump, and that's fine. But that wasn't my point, and that shouldn't be the point. My questioning is to call it being in a cult to believe God would guide the American people to elect a person. That's bigoted thinking, regardless of your personal beliefs about the subject in question, or your beliefs in general.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

You have your opinion about Trump, and that's fine. But that wasn't my point, and that shouldn't be the point. My questioning is to call it being in a cult to believe God would guide the American people to elect a person. That's bigoted thinking, regardless of your personal beliefs about the subject in question, or your beliefs in general.

No, it's pointing out that Trumpism is a +++++ing cult.