Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

2017 Athletics Revenues and Expenses for every University

Guest #1Stunner
43 minutes ago, Cougar said:

To save everybody time, about $80M in revenue for BYU for 2017. Another $10.5M surplus in the bank.

More interesting is looking at individual basketball budgets and football budgets.

UNLV basketball budget is interesting.  

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

More interesting is looking at individual basketball budgets and football budgets.

UNLV basketball budget is interesting.  

The UNLV budget includes event revenue and expenses from Thomas and Mack, I believe. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, mugtang said:

The UNLV budget includes event revenue and expenses from Thomas and Mack, I believe. 

I think this is more accurate, and doesn't include that.

I expected UNLV to be spending more on basketball, since it is their baby.

SAN!

Varsity Teams Men's Teams Women's Teams Total
Basketball $2,610,949 $2,134,548 $4,745,497
Football $10,921,731 N/A $10,921,731

UNR

Total Expenses by Men's and Women's Team Men's Teams Women's Teams Total
Basketball $4,746,053 $1,945,748 $6,691,801
Football $10,037,079 N/A $10,037,079

UNLV

Varsity Teams Men's Teams Women's Teams Total
Basketball $5,763,010 $1,593,982 $7,356,992
Football $9,982,684 N/A

$9,982,684

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Wonder why the huge jump this year for BYU...  $80M, $10.5M surplus, and no debt is a solid place to be.  But why oh why can’t BYU pay coaches more??  The money is clearly there - pisses me off to no end.

Money really isn't an issue for BYU and never has been. It's the higher ups caring enough to invest more $$$. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Money really isn't an issue for BYU and never has been. It's the higher ups caring enough to invest more $$$. 

Or is it that you require coaches to be of the Mormon faith? If that's the case you might have a shallow pool to choose from...?

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

While true to a degree BYU has never ran surpluses like they have since going Independent ($5M+ on average each year!) and yet still cry the “we can’t pay coaches” talking point.  It’s BS!

v0icAvfW.jpg

23 hours ago, mugtang said:

This is typical, athletic department accounting 101.   They throw every expense possible at the athletic department.  Then they don't include all the revenue from non sporting events using the venue to food sold, parking or even a required membership in an alumni club to buy a season ticket.

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Or is it that you require coaches to be of the Mormon faith? If that's the case you might have a shallow pool to choose from...?

Easy with this “you” stuff. And yes, to my knowledge BYU requires their HCs to be card carrying members of the faith. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Wonder why the huge jump this year for BYU...  $80M, $10.5M surplus, and no debt is a solid place to be.  But why oh why can’t BYU pay coaches more??  The money is clearly there - pisses me off to no end.

Because you have to pay their 5 wives too. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

when you absolutely positively have to run a college athletics program...call FredEx :-)

Memphis:

overall budget - 55.4 million

men's basketball - 11.9 million

football - 17.57 million

I'll take it.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

24 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Easy with this “you” stuff. And yes, to my knowledge BYU requires their HCs to be card carrying members of the faith. 

Sorry if I offended "you". I misinterpreted " your "statement about BYU's money and how the higher ups spend it as "you" being in the know about such things.

16 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Sorry if I offended "you". I misinterpreted " your "statement about BYU's money and how the higher ups spend it as "you" being in the know about such things.

I am in the know of the workings of the owning club, but do not support the university the club sponsors 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I am in the know of the workings of the owning club, but do not support the university the club sponsors 

Ah, now I get it. Had to look at your profile , didn't realize you're an Aggie. Keep up the good fight. 👍

Guest #1Stunner
11 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

when you absolutely positively have to run a college athletics program...call FredEx :-)

Memphis:

overall budget - 55.4 million

men's basketball - 11.9 million

football - 17.57 million

I'll take it.

That's a large basketball budget.  Wow.