Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdgaucho

Muss nominated for 2019 Naismith Coach of the Year

Muss is a fantastic coach, but i'm not sure he's even the Coach of the Year in the MW. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

20 minutes ago, Bob said:

Maybe National Transfer Student Recruiter of the Year. or National Referee Irritator and Whiner of the Year.

Joe Pasternack might have a beef with your first award.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Maybe National Transfer Student Recruiter of the Year. or National Referee Irritator and Whiner of the Year.

I love that you’re whining about someone whining. You go girl! 

The more I think about it, the more floored I am Craig Smith wasn't nominated for this award. Muss is deserving, to be sure, but what Craig Smith has done with USU's program in one short year is remarkable. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

The more I think about it, the more floored I am Craig Smith wasn't nominated for this award. Muss is deserving, to be sure, but what Craig Smith has done with USU's program in one short year is remarkable. 

Agreed.

And if the L.A. Times UCLA beat reporter is correct, Wolf Pack fans needn't worry about their coach bailing to that other school since Musselman is considered to be nothing more than a fallback choice if several other names decline to be interviewed.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, red wolf rob said:

I personally think Craig Smith has done the best coaching job in the mwc.just watching us, they defend very well. And their offense moves quite effectivel. And they have maybe 1 player who could make. Nevada's rotation. 

Just to clarify my comments. ..this is coming from a lobo fan.

25 minutes ago, red wolf rob said:

I personally think Craig Smith has done the best coaching job in the mwc.just watching us, they defend very well. And their offense moves quite effectivel. And they have maybe 1 player who could make. Nevada's rotation. 

Two players. Queta and Merrill could make the rotations in most programs in the country. The rest of the roster is not exceptional. 

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Agreed.

And if the L.A. Times UCLA beat reporter is correct, Wolf Pack fans needn't worry about their coach bailing to that other school since Musselman is considered to be nothing more than a fallback choice if several other names decline to be interviewed.

Alford was a fallback choice.

On 2/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, madmartigan said:

Muss is a fantastic coach, but i'm not sure he's even the Coach of the Year in the MW. 

Chris Petersen was named the Bear Bryant national coach of the year, but wasn’t the WAC coach of the year that same year. I think Petersen was WAC coach of the year twice although he won the league every year. 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, madmartigan said:

Yeah pretty dumb if he doesn’t get it.  He is head and shoulders above all here.  Putting Reno on the map.  Hope he sticks around.