Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

UMC Pass Traditional Marriage

The Bible is very clear on the issue and that's why I support the Traditionalists. The LGBQT Methodists can always go the schism route, which I think they will. The opposite happened in the Presbyterian (USA) and Episcopalian churches where the LGBQT vote won so Traditional belief schisms branched out into new denominations several years ago. 

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Should have qualified it with said nobody “sane” ever...

Should have also removed the word "ever". Gay rights and acceptance have vastly improved over the past 3 decades, but even then, one could find plenty of hatred and vitriol preached to the masses from many religions. Yours included.

13 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

If you believe in an imaginary being you're a moron to begin with.  Probably have a law degree and no education.

Honestly, law students are among the most retarded people on the planet. No joke. 

They can tell you about some obscure nuance of Family Law, but they can't clear a clogged drain. 

37 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

And they can cook too.  Just never say "yes" when a Chinese person offers to wok your dog.  

We had Chinese cook on one of the ship's I was on. Right after spotting  three dogs on a fishing boat he says "One for Monday, one for Tuesday, one for Wednesday!"

IDCWYA that's funny rt!

4 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly, law students are among the most retarded people on the planet. No joke. 

They can tell you about some obscure nuance of Family Law, but they can't clear a clogged drain. 

My best friend is a lawyer and he is one of the smartest people I know.  His undergrad was a physics degree though so he actually has some knowledge of the world and isn't a totally uneducated putz like most lawyers.   Most good lawyers know their profession is a disaster.

Also a good business lawyer is a very very valuable resource.  Too bad you can go through thousands of lawyers and not find one competent to do that job.  They just don't get the education to be an adviser on anything other than that nuance of law you talk about.  The majority certainly can't apply it and assess risk.   The average lawyers advice is to do nothing because that is the only thing that has no risk he can be held accountable for.   Of course in business doing nothing means you eventually go broke, you have to take risk.