Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at #12/13 Nevada

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Good Lord they're making excuses already. I guess we'll have to put an asterisk next to this win like last year's. 

Can we put an asterisk by the football win just cause :foottap:

8k3esKz.png

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

he started out with the Clippers and the Mavs but  he was too slow for the NBA.

Went to China first (I think) , now in Japan.

Very good college player but his slowness was what I noticed when he played UNLV & always figured that was what kept him out of the NBA 

Japan isn't a top league, but you can make some $$ playing in the middling to lower overseas leagues

I saw UNLV's Warren Rosegreen's contract for a short season league in the Philippines where housing, a driver and some perks were included in about a $30,000 contract for 4 months work and he wasn't any kind of star player in that league - So that $30,000 pretty much comes home with you as he had little expenses other than walking around money 

30 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Can we put an asterisk by the football win just cause :foottap:

There is one already.  It references a footnote which reads biggest 4th quarter comeback in UNLV history and biggest comeback ever in a cannon game.

18 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

That is what is sounds like to me also, already making excuses. They have tough games coming up, and every team is nursing injuries this is when you see what a team is made of.

Our best player has been out most the year.  That's the way she goes.

All kidding aside you guys are going to destroy us by 28.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Very good college player but his slowness was what I noticed when he played UNLV & always figured that was what kept him out of the NBA 

Japan isn't a top league, but you can make some $$ playing in the middling to lower overseas leagues

I saw UNLV's Warren Rosegreen's contract for a short season league in the Philippines where housing, a driver and some perks were included in about a $30,000 contract for 4 months work and he wasn't any kind of star player in that league - So that $30,000 pretty much comes home with you as he had little expenses other than walking around money 

Fazekas was and is just a gamer. NBA scouts will always be scared by his lack of athleticism (Musselman just had a similar quote, he actually coached Fazekas for the Bighorns), but he would've had a productive career if someone gave him the chance. His advanced statistics were actually really good for his short stint with the Clippers.

In the Japanese league has won multiple MVPs and his team has won multiple championships. He just recently gained Japanese citizenship and plays on their national team (along with Rui Hachimura from Gonzaga). Their national team has been surprisingly good with an upset over Australia, and has qualified for the upcoming FIBA event in China and will likely qualify for the olympics. 

Its great to see his number finally retired as he was a huge part of what built Nevada basketball, and we'll probably never have another player like him.

9 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

It all depends on where you play, some places are great and some places are not. For example Eastern Europe and Russia are notorious for not paying on time or not paying the full amount as a contract would stipulate. The medical staffs overseas varies from good to real bad and same can be said about the equipment they use. 

Either way, i think it’s better than working for the man 40 hrs a week. 

11 hours ago, toonkee said:

Good Lord they're making excuses already. I guess we'll have to put an asterisk next to this win like last year's. 

I'm not for making excuses either, don't get me wrong. But I guess this is slightly better than losing first or barely winning then blaming it on injuries or fatigue after the fact to save face.

7 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

Does Reno drop out of the top 25 if they lose?

Not that they will lose. 

I would think they would be right around 25.  2 losses at the wrong time puts them in the NIT/bubble category.   Kids might not know it but it is a big game. 

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

Menzies put an asterick on last years win in the Coaches Show linked above, around the 14 minute mark... Caleb was out and that certainly helped UNLV

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman