Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

SDSU @ USU in the Rectum

Wrecked 'em? They damn near killed them. At least that's what I foresee tonight - I have no expectations of us leaving Logan with a W.

But hopes? Hellsyes. I... I believe... I believe that... I believe that we... I believe that we will go up by more than a dozen only to get our asses handed to us in the second half. However, if we can keep al Queta* on the bench, I think it's much closer than the spread (USU -9). And if we can sustain the same high level of D we have been over the last couple weeks and if we don't have an off night shooting, I think we might even stand a puncher's chance.

Either way, I enjoy watching games in Logan - your student section brings it pretty much every game and I expect nothing less than a raucous atmosphere tonight.

At least until Devin hits that dagger three.  :ph34r:

*Because he terrorizes glass in the paint

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I agree with zoom, SDSU has our number. Their length and athleticism always bothers us and they're probably the hottest team in the conference right now. Hopefully that changes tonight. 

Only a few hundred tickets left to be sold. If the students show up it will be a fun atmosphere and could set us up for a can't-miss game Saturday. 

1 hour ago, zoom said:

I will never assume a USU win against SDSU. The Aztecs have had our number since the dawn of college basketball. Hopefully, that changes tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. 

We haven't beaten SDSU in football or hoops once since we've been in the MW. They have ultimate daddy status over us. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

This game is another test of how prepared the Aztecs are for the MWCT...the team is under no illusion of making a post season tourney without winning those three games in March...so this is just another live-fire exercise for the team...working on aspects of their game...freshmen need to learn to function in adverse/pressure situations...hopefully Mensah has worked on staying in the game for more than the first two minutes...same for Jalen and Mitchell...if so...we'll win going away......the Aztecs are way more talented...

The game at SDSU a couple of weeks ago was probably the worst team performance by the Aggies in conference play this season. Yes, the Aggies lost by a larger margin at Nevada but that was just a case of not being able to hit a shot, open or not, the entire game. 

I would say that the chances are small that the Aggies will have a repeat of the performance in SD but, as others have pointed out, the curse is real when it comes to this match up so of course it is possible (and maybe even likely given the history). Several Aztec fans here claimed that they would get blasted in Logan right after the game in SD was over, we'll find out soon enough if they're right.

I am so done with this blasted curse!!

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Merril and Queta are pretty dastardly.  At their house too...  

I am peppering my angus.

Don't forget the sea salt!

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman