Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Boise DC to Oregon

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The program is stagnant. You already know Boise will finish 10-3 next season. 

giphy.gif

I think we'll be undefeated going into the MWCG....

Then, after we win that, we'll go ahead and with another NY6...

Then again, we could easily suffer defeat against FSU, then win out the rest of the way, which will have us sitting pretty/riding shotgun RE the NY6 game...

Mark my words....

In Hank I trust!!

bachmeier-boise-state-247sports-15259596

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

With the worst QB to ever play the game nonetheless. 

Boise state has averaged 9.44 wins a season since 1950, and many of those years as a JC they only played 8 or 9 games in a whole season.

Even a retard like you who has no clue what the game of football is about could win 10 games a year at BSU.

45 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

That’s because we’re currently thawing out Buddy Ryan’s body.  

There aren’t enough potatoes in Idaho to feed him and his family

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

My call for who's next - Gerald Alexander - Cal's DB coach.

He's underpaid for a PAC-12 Coach ($200k).  Played at Boise State (2003-2006) and 4-time 1st team All-WAC safety. 7 seasons in the NFL.  3 seasons coaching DBs (last two under Justin Wilcox).

Plus he's got a great personality and I'm already following him on twitter.

Lol, he was not. He played CB for most of his career before switching to safety. He had a good SR year, but he wasn't even 2nd Team All Conference. 

He could be a good candidate for DC though. I haven't followed his coaching career that closely. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Oh, so Boise has coaching turnover too. Good to know. I still don't feel bad for you. 

That's one of the biggest differences between Pete and Hars. Hars has had fairly hefty turnover. Pete had very, very little turnover and even when they did leave, they'd often come back if it didn't work out at their new place. 

That being said, Boise used to have a highly competitive asst coaches salary pool. They used to be top - 40 in the country in that dept and on par with middle-of-the-road P5s. Now the disparity is a chasm, even for average P5s. 

25 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Lol, he was not. He played CB for most of his career before switching to safety. He had a good SR year, but he wasn't even 2nd Team All Conference. 

He could be a good candidate for DC though. I haven't followed his coaching career that closely. 

Yeah, I was going to say, Alexander was a mediocre corner early in his Boise career before shining at safety.  

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Are you telling me wikipedia isn’t a reputable source?

C3468DEF-8632-47C0-9A48-A4D8465E789D.jpeg

I punk wiki when it comes to Boise State knowledge. Here was the WAC AC team his SR year:

https://utahstateaggies.com/news/2006/12/4/Igboeli_Cin_And_Calderwood_Earn_Postseason_WAC_Football_Honors.aspx?path=football

Also, like I said, he played CB most of his time in Boise. Much of that as a backup. Boise is pretty good, but not good enough to have their backups making 1st Team All Conference. 

56 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Boise state has averaged 9.44 wins a game since 1950, and many of those years as a JC they only played 8 or 9 games in a whole season.

Even a retard like you who has no clue what the game of football is about could win 10 games a year at BSU.

Let us primarily focus on your trailer park community not being redeveloped to single family homes. 

God knows you wouldn’t qualify for library access that has internet capabilities.   

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

Dang! Donks should be competing for a national title next year because they only get better when their front line guys leave.

Congrats to donk nation!

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, I was going to say, Alexander was a mediocre corner early in his Boise career before shining at safety.  

Yeah, he was good in coverage but he'd never turn his head around. So guys would catch it right in front of him all the time. Moving him to safety, where he had the ball in front of him and he could use his physicality was big for him. Made him a 2nd round draft pick. 

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, Wiki is dead wrong here. Here is the 2005 all WAC team, first one I could find for ya.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/635166651/2005-All-WAC-team.html

Yeah, I wonder if they confused him with Quinton Mikell, who wasn't 1st Team All WAC but was 1st Team All Conference all four years (Big West and WAC). Also, he has to be one of the few players in history to win Conference POTY is two different conferences. 

25 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's one of the biggest differences between Pete and Hars. Hars has had fairly hefty turnover. Pete had very, very little turnover and even when they did leave, they'd often come back if it didn't work out at their new place. 

That being said, Boise used to have a highly competitive asst coaches salary pool. They used to be top - 40 in the country in that dept and on par with middle-of-the-road P5s. Now the disparity is a chasm, even for average P5s. 

If it’s true that our former DC will be paid almost a million for the same position, that’s the average for a NFL DC. 

14 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Dang! Donks should be competing for a national title next year because they only get better when their front line guys leave.

Congrats to donk nation!

Well, you’re likely right!

Harsin won a Fiesta Bowl his first year as coach.