Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CV147

Draft our daughters?

Should we require all people, regardless of sex, to register for the draft?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should women also register with selective service?

• Yes. Only having men required is a gender discrimination.
    • No. Men are biologically different and should be the bulk of our armed forces.
    • No. Nobody should have to register for the draft.

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Somehow it’s hard for me to visualize a 120 pound female carrying a 200 pound wounded male off the battlefield. Still their trigger finger works equally well as a male’s. However, I would pity the female that gets captured by the enemy. 

I would suspect there are a helluva lot of women that would object to being drafted. Hell, even men aren’t that fond about it. 

In any event warfare is constantly changing. Robots may be fighting each other before too long. 

You all can't imagine something worse that could do to a man than rape?   Ever heard of the Geneva convention?  War is hell

Posted Image

What would happen to men during a draft who were physically incapable of going into combat? They’d probably be relegated to some kind of support role right? I don’t imagine the military is made up entirely of bullet-shitting alpha warriors.

5 minutes ago, sean327 said:

This was the inevitable outcome once the Obama administration opened up combat arms MOS's to women. What the hell do you think would happen? A dumbass decision by a dumbass President started this ball rolling. The reaction to this by feminist groups is going to be entertaining as they pushed for discontinuing the combat arms exemption. It looks like "Equal Protection" just came along and bit them in the ass.

Now that my gloating is done, I'm completely against this just like I'm against women in combat arms. I also believe Selective Service registration is outdated and it should just go away. Conscription is slavery. That and I wouldn't want some jackass who doesn't want to be there in my unit. Those phuckers are poison.

25% of soldiers in Vietnam were drafted, 66% in WWII. They served admirably in both wars. 

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

What would happen to men during a draft who were physically incapable of going into combat? They’d probably be relegated to some kind of support role right? I don’t imagine the military is made up entirely of bullet-shitting alpha warriors.

Well, if you aren't an "Alpha" type personality you will have a hard time adjusting to military life. Just speaking from my experience in the Marine Corps, those guys tend not to do very well. Regardless of MOS.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

25% of soldiers in Vietnam were drafted, 66% in WWII. They served admirably in both wars. 

Different time, different values. Today less than 3% of the population has served in the military. 

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Well, if you aren't an "Alpha" type personality you will have a hard time adjusting to military life. Just speaking from my experience in the Marine Corps, those guys tend not to do very well. Regardless of MOS.

You do know we are talking about DRAFTEES, not volunteers,  right? 

Posted Image

12 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Physically incapable men weren’t drafted during the Vietnam war. I saw guys that looked like football players that failed their physical because of a back condition that were sent home. Guys that couldn’t physically or mentally hack it were weeded out in basic training. 

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You do know we are talking about DRAFTEES, not volunteers,  right? 

I'm just giving the reality of the military, the Marine Corps in particular. It's the culture. Adapt or fail. 

With modern warfare I don’t see a draft ever being necessary again.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

I would be open to mandatory national service for everyone. Or reward service with at least two years of education.

Well, you should be able to get money for college for national service outside of having to join the military.  That kinda sets the wrong priority. 

Posted Image

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Physically incapable men weren’t drafted during the Vietnam war. I saw guys that looked like football players that failed their physical because of a back condition that were sent home. Guys that couldn’t physically or mentally hack it were weeded out in basic training. 

So then what are we complaining about? Wouldn’t women who didn’t meet the physical requirements also be sent home?

6 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Well, you should be able to get money for college for national service outside of having to join the military.  That kinda sets the wrong priority. 

I’m ok with any type of service to the country in exchange for free college.  Spend a couple of years giving back via the military, peace corps, volunteering in your local community giving back, or something similar and in exchange you get a 4 year degree paid for. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Surviving full on combat comes down to luck, not toughness or gender.  If they want to be drafted, let em be drafted. 

Because the next time we have a Real war against a country that actually has a Navy, Airforce and Missiles, we will all be fighting tooth and nail, right here in our own front yards. The next real war will be right here. 

Until that horrible time comes, I don't see a draft occuring because the govt knows that this generation will flip out and start civil war the first day that a draft occurs. As they should. The kids of the 60's protested the draft. Can you imagine what today's crazy bastards would do? 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

It’s time for true equality.  Women should have to register for the draft the same as men.  They can serve in front line combat roles just like men.  If a man fails to register he can be denied benefits such as grants for education, women have no such obligation. That needs to change. 

Absolutely. Equality is not a one way street, you have to take the bad with the good. I would personally like to see more equality in family court system. 

GO POKES!!!

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m ok with any type of service to the country in exchange for free college.  Spend a couple of years giving back via the military, peace corps, volunteering in your local community giving back, or something similar and in exchange you get a 4 year degree paid for. 

And I thought you were concerned about the deficit?

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

And I thought you were concerned about the deficit?

I am.  I haven’t worked out the economics of how it would work but it could be feasible especially with the community service kickbacks.  Not sure though. 

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

It’s time for true equality.  Women should have to register for the draft the same as men.  They can serve in front line combat roles just like men.  If a man fails to register he can be denied benefits such as grants for education, women have no such obligation. That needs to change. 

Yet there's no equality in the incidences of sexual harassment and assault in the military. 

Women are suffering epidemic proportions.

http://time.com/5060570/military-women-sexual-assault/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sexual-assault-reports-u-s-military-reach-record-high-pentagon-n753566

I wonder why this is?  

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Yet there's no equality in the incidences of sexual harassment and assault in the military. 

Women are suffering epidemic proportions.

http://time.com/5060570/military-women-sexual-assault/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sexual-assault-reports-u-s-military-reach-record-high-pentagon-n753566

I wonder why this is?  

Only a total moron doesn't know why this is.