Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VincentVegaBond

UNLV actually "favored" by ESPN to beat SDSU

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Not even shocked.  Only a couple wins on the road.

I am.  You handled a top-10 team at home and now considered a dog at a mediocre UNLV?

7 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

UNLV has struggled at home!! And vs. every remotely decent conference opponent...

No doubt. But UNLV clobbered UNM days after they beat us, too. SDSU is a better team than UNM, but I wouldn't at all be shocked if the Rebs took down the Aztecs, too. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if SDSU wiped the floor with UNLV, either. 

6 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

What is the betting odds?

Vegas odds won't be out until tomorrow. Might be some offshore stuff but that can be a little wacky in the beginning.

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

Actually not bad. $85 for 4 tickets, 4 hats, 4 chicken finger combos, up in the balcony. Then move down to lower bowl wherever you want because hardly anyone will be there. 

They also add a preposterous $20 "service fee" so its really $105. But you are right about the moving down to the lower bowl. I've been sitting in prime seats all year with my free student tickets and never been so much as hassled.

Im set to get my masters in December so itll suck to have to start paying again!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

7 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

They also add a preposterous $20 "service fee" so its really $105. But you are right about the moving down to the lower bowl. I've been sitting in prime seats all year with my free student tickets and never been so much as hassled.

Im set to get my masters in December so itll suck to have to start paying again!

Service fees in LV are just part of the culture. I'm in town at least once per year for fun or business and I always have to laugh at the hotel fees. On its face, you can get a room somewhere for say $120 per night and say to yourself, "Self, that ain't bad!" But then after they tack on the resort fee and sales tax (which California never applies to hotel rooms), you find that ostensible $120 being bumped up to more like $160.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Service fees in LV are just part of the culture. I'm in town at least once per year for fun or business and I always have to laugh at the hotel fees. On its face, you can get a room somewhere for say $120 per night and say to yourself, "Self, that ain't bad!" But then after they tack on the resort fee and sales tax (which California never applies to hotel rooms), you find that ostensible $120 being bumped up to more like $160.

They don't charge "service" fees for stuff like tickets in SD?

SDSU played lights out last game.

JTT and Clyburn were shut down early with fouls. The refs set the tone.

With Diong back and playing better, rebounding and defense should be a little better.

Nobody expects UNLV to have a chance so I guess nothing to lose.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

On 2/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

They didn’t add an extra $20 service fee for which ones I just bought for family, but I bought the ones in the lower bowl. There is a $6 will call fee, it was the same for the tickets I was looking at upstairs before I knew they were doing the 4-packs downstairs..

fwiw, it might be working. The sections they had used for this promo had filled up rather well from Thursday night to Friday morning. We’ll see how many actually show up tonight. I’ve actually seen a push from the rebellion, I think they are there tonight as well. They want a watch ‘party’ for the Reno game, lol.