Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogs4Me

Congrats To AFA...

Nice win.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Yeah, young team. You guys finally nailed them at the very end, though.  

Yes sir thank you. And I keep telling everybody we only have one senior on the team and he played three minutes tonight.

And we have zero transfers, zero 5-year seniors, zero red shirts and zero juco's 

..GO FALCONS..

8 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

No authentic tacos for me tonight. Going to punish myself with jack in the box. 2 for 99

I'm making pork carnitas tonight. I'll be thinking of my Fresno brethren. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

It's got to be tough being an AFA hoops fan. Congrats to the biggest AFA hoops fans I know! @ltcpilot and of course, @Bob

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

36 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm making pork carnitas tonight. I'll be thinking of my Fresno brethren. 

HOld on a sec.. if you're still in the UK there is no way I would advise doing that. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

HOld on a sec.. if you're still in the UK there is no way I would advise doing that. 

I'm back in Boston. But even when I was in the UK, that evil company Amazon made it easy to prepare foods like carnitas. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

Yes sir thank you. And I keep telling everybody we only have one senior on the team and he played three minutes tonight.

And we have zero transfers, zero 5-year seniors, zero red shirts and zero juco's 

Your AF Prep School program is the equivalent of a Redshirt program.  And I'm pretty sure all of your starters came thru the prep school.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Your AF Prep School program is the equivalent of a Redshirt program.  And I'm pretty sure all of your starters came thru the prep school.

You are correct from that point of view, albeit a program where they 'cannot' interact with the team or coaches as they are still all recruitable athletes and are not part of the program and are not committed to the Academy and are not on 'scholarship'.   

Defining redshirt:  "If you do redshirt you will automatically be in school for five years instead of the traditional 4-year period. If you do redshirt you will still be able to practice with the team but will not be able to compete in competition.

So there is a giant difference of going to the prep school and being a red shirt player.  And back to my point of JUCO's, some may have one year some may have two years at the JUCO level.  And (again) AF never has transfers.  My point was that we simply are far from the norm of what most teams have and can do.  Similar but different problem in our hockey program, not only no transfers but no foreign players which is so unique in college hockey.  Because of that AF recruits the junior hockey ranks for an older/more mature player that has foregone college to play one or two years at the junior hockey level before going to college (ie AF). 

..GO FALCONS..