Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

White Nationalist Was Planning a Terror Attack

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I disagree. The president and other prominent politicians have a moral responsibility to lead the country and bring us together as a society. There are groups at the extreme edges of the political spectrum who are irrational and volatile .. and when they hear a prominent politician demonize a certain segment of our society, some of them feel compelled to react. From the search queries he made to the spreadsheet he kept on his computer, it seems pretty clear to me that's what happened with this nutter. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But extremists are extreme. It's a mind set, it's a psychology. We have no true proof that his searches were directly impacted by Trump. Take celebrity stalkers for an example. They create truths and realities in their own mind about the people they're obsessed with, and then take into action, the perverted and twisted reality they create, when the very celebrity they attribute it to had no bearing on it. 

Also, if we are to hold Trump accountable for his rhetoric of demonization, which I will state I agree with if he does truly cross a line...then what about all politicians? Lets just use leftist politicians as examples. How many others have we read stories about, demonizing the right and any conservative, or even libertarian, or sometimes moderate liberal voter? Hiw many times have we seen antifa attacks on those people using the same language leftist politicians and leftist media use. Calling people NAZI when they aren't...Don Lemon saying the biggest terror threat to this country are white people etc ...? We should hold all accountable if we hold one accountable 

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Look I don't apologize for Trump when he does things I don't agree with, or says things that might induce a cringe. However, people are responsible for their own actions. Just because this piece of crap thinks this way doesn't mean Trump is to blame. He doesn't openly or indirectly call for any of this crap. Just because an asshole supports you, doesn't mean you support that asshole in return.

I agree. Trump is a convenient scapegoat because he's an asshole. But he's not responsible for the actions of crazy people, any more than Bill Clinton was responsible for Timothy McVeigh, or Reagan for Dahmer. 

12 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Trump fires people like this nutter up into a frenzy. He’s recklessly irresponsible with a lot of his rhetoric. 

It really is this simple.  Of course there will always be crazy people.  The difference now is too many white nationalists feel he is on their side.  And Trump is too ignorant and too lazy to recognize or change.  Many fine people on both side you know.  Both sides to be clear, because saying it twice was necessary if you missed the first one.  What a tool.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But extremists are extreme. It's a mind set, it's a psychology. We have no true proof that his searches were directly impacted by Trump. Take celebrity stalkers for an example. They create truths and realities in their own mind about the people they're obsessed with, and then take into action, the perverted and twisted reality they create, when the very celebrity they attribute it to had no bearing on it. 

Also, if we are to hold Trump accountable for his rhetoric of demonization, which I will state I agree with if he does truly cross a line...then what about all politicians? Lets just use leftist politicians as examples. How many others have we read stories about, demonizing the right and any conservative, or even libertarian, or sometimes moderate liberal voter? Hiw many times have we seen antifa attacks on those people using the same language leftist politicians and leftist media use. Calling people NAZI when they aren't...Don Lemon saying the biggest terror threat to this country are white people etc ...? We should hold all accountable if we hold one accountable 

Fair enough. I just feel anecdotally that there are so many zombies out there who worship their political masters that they're compelled to do irrational and crazy shit. So when you get a Trump-like figure who goes out on the national stage and talks about "getting" the media, there are crazy fvcks out there who take that literally and act out on it.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Fair enough. I just feel anecdotally that there are so many zombies out there who worship their political masters that they're compelled to do irrational and crazy shit. So when you get a Trump-like figure who goes out on the national stage and talks about "getting" the media, there are crazy fvcks out there who take that literally and act out on it.  

I see your point too. And I think there's some validity to it, but i also see people blaming Trump for crazy people akin to blaming the Beatles' White Album for Charles Manson. 

It's a real grey area. As you say, sometimes crazy people just need something to spark their insanity, but I have to think for someone like this, or the MAGA Bomber, or Jussie Smollett, if it hadn't been Trump it'd have been something/somebody else. 

I think the truly scary part is that this level of crazy made it into our Coast Guard.

Make that multiple branches of our Armed Forces...

"Hasson has been working at the U.S. Coast Guard headquarters in Washington since 2016, according to court documents filed by prosecutors. He also served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1988 to 1993 and in the Army National Guard for about two years in the mid-1990s, the filings state."

4 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Look I don't apologize for Trump when he does things I don't agree with, or says things that might induce a cringe. However, people are responsible for their own actions. Just because this piece of crap thinks this way doesn't mean Trump is to blame. He doesn't openly or indirectly call for any of this crap. Just because an asshole supports you, doesn't mean you support that asshole in return.