Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

White Nationalist Was Planning a Terror Attack

23 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is a direct consequence of Trump's virulent anti-Democrat and anti-press rhetoric.

That was my knee-jerk reaction as well, but you can't really make that claim without some evidence like these dumbasses basically saying it or posting it online.  Militia-style klansmen have been around since before the civil war.  

The Puddle Pirate (that's a Navy term for the Coast Guard) has Extreme Roid Rage. :rolleyes:

6C2VF2RVLMI6TA3V4POPNNUFLA.jpg

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

This is a direct consequence of Trump's virulent anti-Democrat and anti-press rhetoric.

Yeah, because stuff like this never happened before Trump....  :rolleyes:  There have always been crazies in this country.

Apply liberally 3-4 times a day to treat even the worst TDS symptoms.

24706689-F99C-48E9-A3A9-1874D6FBE4C1.jpeg

v0icAvfW.jpg

30 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Yeah, because stuff like this never happened before Trump....  :rolleyes:  There have always been crazies in this country.

Apply liberally 3-4 times a day to treat even the worst TDS symptoms.

Yep, you're right... his craziness had absolutely nothing to do with Trump. Oh, wait...

TGRMu4J.png

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

White Nationalist?  Have they picked up The Tool yet?

Not funny 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

So was the Jussie Smollett incident 

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Not funny 

Okay.  Maybe he isn't into hoods.  But he definitely doesn't like certain groups of people, who are different than him in two-dimensional ways.  Call that what you will.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

At first I rolled my eyes at this comment thinking, great it’s just a TDS comment. But after reading the article and thinking about it I can’t argue against it.  I’d say he was at least emboldened by Trump. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

46 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, you're right... his craziness had absolutely nothing to do with Trump. Oh, wait...

TGRMu4J.png

Three years ago he would be referencing Obama, 12 years ago he would have been referencing Bush.

Like you crazy is crazy and it doesn't matter they will always find something to be crazy about.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

At first I rolled my eyes at this comment thinking, great it’s just a TDS comment. But after reading the article and thinking about it I can’t argue against it.  I’d say he was at least emboldened by Trump. 

Trump fires people like this nutter up into a frenzy. He’s recklessly irresponsible with a lot of his rhetoric. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Trump fires people like this nutter up into a frenzy. He’s recklessly irresponsible with a lot of his rhetoric. 

I agree.  Words have consequences.  Especially words of the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet. 

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

TGRMu4J.png

This Coast Guardsman isn't the first person inspired by Trump's divisive comments who planned to do harm. Remember the pipe bomber in Florida and the guy who shot up a synagogue in Pennsylvania killing eleven people. They were both inspired by Trump's bullying behavior and made mention of it on social media. 

1 minute ago, crixus said:

This Coast Guardsman isn't the first person inspired by Trump's divisive comments who planned to do harm. Remember the pipe bomber in Florida and the guy who shot up a synagogue in Pennsylvania killing eleven people. They were both inspired by Trump's bullying behavior and made mention of it on social media. 

This is the danger of populist politics. I fear it's only going to get worse with the GOP moving more toward Trump and the Democrats moving more toward Warren and AOC. 

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

An irrational creature prone to wild overreaction, rattling its cage at the slightest provocation and indiscriminately flinging its faeces around until everything is covered in excrement. 
(That is the original definition from the person who coined the term)
"The devout Trumpanzee is immune to fact or evidence caring only for the unintelligible howls of the tribe's Alpha male"

Look I don't apologize for Trump when he does things I don't agree with, or says things that might induce a cringe. However, people are responsible for their own actions. Just because this piece of crap thinks this way doesn't mean Trump is to blame. He doesn't openly or indirectly call for any of this crap. Just because an asshole supports you, doesn't mean you support that asshole in return.

22 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Look I don't apologize for Trump when he does things I don't agree with, or says things that might induce a cringe. However, people are responsible for their own actions. Just because this piece of crap thinks this way doesn't mean Trump is to blame. He doesn't openly or indirectly call for any of this crap. Just because an asshole supports you, doesn't mean you support that asshole in return.

I disagree. The president and other prominent politicians have a moral responsibility to lead the country and bring us together as a society. There are groups at the extreme edges of the political spectrum who are irrational and volatile .. and when they hear a prominent politician demonize a certain segment of our society, some of them feel compelled to react. From the search queries he made to the spreadsheet he kept on his computer, it seems pretty clear to me that's what happened with this nutter.