Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Potential 2019 MW 2019 Draft Picks

This is old, but what do you guys think about this group of guys?

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2018/07/17/40-40-top-40-mountain-west-football-players/790609002/

Anyone care to speculate RE draft potential from this pool?  Who gets drafted first?

- - -

I really hope the Cowboys continue drafting MW players; no one can say it's not good for the conference....

New-Signature.jpg

Mike Bell is generally projected as a 3rd rounder.   Keesean Johnson varies depending on who you ask...probably a 5th or 6th round dude, but he could sneak into day 2 if he tests well at the combine.   All indications are Allison is probably a UDFA, but who knows.

26 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Mike Bell is generally projected as a 3rd rounder.   Keesean Johnson varies depending on who you ask...probably a 5th or 6th round dude, but he could sneak into day 2 if he tests well at the combine.   All indications are Allison is probably a UDFA, but who knows.

Allison must sure be confident of his abilities if projected as an UDFA. It sure sounds like he should have come back for his senior year, bulked up some, and worked on his weaknesses. There is a history of kids like him with big dreams that vanish from the landscape. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Allison must sure be confident of his abilities if projected as an UDFA. It sure sounds like he should have come back for his senior year, bulked up some, and worked on his weaknesses. There is a history of kids like him with big dreams that vanish from the landscape. 

i'll give the same line i give the bark board...he's 2500 miles from home, has had multiple deaths in his close family in the last few years, and has played through injuries repeatedly.  He was part of the best season in school history and a historic turnaround.   Probably feels he doesn't have anything left to prove, he's checked all the boxes and now it's time to get paid for his services, even if it's as a UDFA.

Anyhow his problem isn't bulking up, it's athleticism/stiffness.  If it were 1990 he'd be a day 2 pick.   As it is i believe he got a 4th round evaluation from the board, but i don't expect him to blow away the combine and he has a significant injury history that might scare teams off. I'll be surprised if he gets drafted.

I think if we were a pass-happier offense Jamire Jordan would probably get drafted...he's got the athleticism.  Just not enough production.