Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mueller Report Out Next Week?

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

elitist prick.

It's nice to see someone else get called that around here.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Well, I'm quite aware that Tulare has the absolutely lowest per capita income of California's 58 counties and has an uneducated workforce from a relative standpoint. I don't know Stanislaus' per capita income but not only does it have a CSU school, it is also proximate to the newest UC school, Merced. The closest universities to Tulare must be Fresno State and CSU Bakersfield and the latter school is as close to a community college as a CSU campus can get.

Nunes graduated from Cal Poly SLO and that looks pretty impressive on its face. However, nobody should think he studied engineering, architecture or anything intellectual.

Stan county is less rural and closer to the Bay Area. While still pretty conservative in terms of California as a whole, it's way more cosmopolitan than Tulare. Also, down in Tulare there is a long history of big agribusiness that there's not as much of in the Modesto area, from what I understand. Stan County is definitely an Ag county, but that pie is divided into the hands of more people than in a place like Tulare, where there's a long history of a few people dominating the place economically and politically and a much big economic divide. The east side of the valley down through Merced County tends to be dominated by relatively smaller farmers through history than places like Tulare. And in Stan County, I don't believe there's as much economic influence from the west side.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You're right that it started in the Summer of 2016, but not with the Dossier

That is where I stopped taking what you said seriously. 

Obama knew in the summer of 2016 that the Russians were up to no good. Why didn't he do anything about it then, instead of self righteously holding a press conference to announce sanctions after Trump had won.  Why didn't he warn the Trump campaign as he should have before the actual election.  Because he thought it would help Hillary to let them interfere, that is why! They were trying to Pin the Russia nonsense on him in the last few weeks of the election if you can remember back that far. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Obama knew in the summer of 2016 that the Russians were up to no good. Why didn't he do anything about it then, instead of self righteously holding a press conference to announce sanctions after Trump had won.  Why didn't he warn the Trump campaign as he should have before the actual election.  Because he thought it would help Hillary to let them interfere, that is why! They were trying to Pin the Russia nonsense on him in the last few weeks of the election if you can remember back that far. 

THANKS OBAMA...for making Trump cheat.   You are such a screw up. 

Posted Image

19 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I think he's going to enter the election with a dissaproval rating in the mid 50's, so I'm not sure the middle is torn on him

50 would mean the middle is torn

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

THANKS OBAMA...for making Trump cheat.   You are such a screw up. 

How did trump cheat? Evidence he cheated? The Russian interference did happen under Obama's tenure.

26 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's nice to see someone else get called that around here.

As a deplorable, I was out of line.  Thank God my gun hasn't gone off while sleeping in bed and clutching my gun after the church's midweek prayer meeting.

110926run_defense710.jpg

11 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

How did trump cheat? Evidence he cheated? The Russian interference did happen under Obama's tenure.

Colluded with Russians to fix the election.   Unfortunately collusion is not a crime but it is dirty x dirty,  dirty

Posted Image

41 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The administration was investigating the links, but McConnell blocked the disclosure of them. Any simple Google search could tell you that. 

5 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

What is your point? You come across as an elitist prick.

Okie dokie, I'll give it to you slow, Smokey.

Devin

Nunes

is

a

dumb

phuck.

But this woman seems to adore him: https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-ingrahams-brother-goes-to-war-against-her

And speaking of pricks, it's high time the ones on FoxNews are called out for being exactly that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Okie dokie, I'll give it to you slow, Smokey.

Devin

Nunes

is

a

dumb

phuck.

But this woman seems to adore him: https://www.thedailybeast.com/laura-ingrahams-brother-goes-to-war-against-her

And speaking of pricks, it's high time the ones on FoxNews are called out for being exactly that.

Devin Nunes was an honest dumb phuck who exposed the truth about your russian investigation years ago and made democrats look like shit.

14 hours ago, retrofade said:

So, I want us to think about this from a logical, and hopefully dispassionate point of view.

So for a minute, let's try to remove partisanship from this. Rather, let's look at the Executive as an entity removed from party, which is how the founders envisioned the office.

The report states that the executive seriously attempted obstruction, welcomed help from a hostile power, and knew of the release of data breaches before they happened.

We also know that:

• The Executive was accused of a crime
  • The Executive forced out/fired key members of the investigation
  • The Executive wanted others to fire more of them
  • The Executive hired on as AG a man who has a history of covering up crimes and stated a year prior that he did not believe the Executive could be charged with obstruction
  • The AG released a four page summary of the investigations saying "all clear", while citing 4 partial sentences. 
  • The AG does not want to hand the full report over to Congress, who has the right to see it as part of their oversight duties.
  • The Executive weaponized the four page summary to "prove" that they were "completely exonerated", despite the fact that the report had not been released to anyone by the AG.
  • The day that the redacted report was released, the AG held a press conference and appeared to say that there was "full exoneration" for the Executive.
  • The report instead claims that the Executive tried to obstruct, welcomed help from a foreign power, and has been negligent in preventing further attacks on our elections and infrastructure. It also revealed that the executive repeatedly lied to the public about key details. 

So when we remove parties, names, and presumptions and try to view this from an objective point of view, is this type of behavior acceptable for arguably the most powerful person in the world?

You...  remove partisanship when it comes to Trump????  Use logic even???  😂 😂 😂 

#tdsisreal

v0icAvfW.jpg

Isn't there around a dozen other investigations regarding Trump going on? I heard that somewhere. So far he's been like teflon, but I doubt he'll come through all those other investigations unscathed. But then again were living in the Bizarro World, so anything's possible at this point. 

25f72983a20c9291beffd51e8778ae83.jpg

14 hours ago, sebasour said:

I think he's going to enter the election with a dissaproval rating in the mid 50's, so I'm not sure the middle is torn on him

Disapprovals are at all-time highs across the board.  Congress' is over 70% disapproval currently.

This is the new norm.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-mueller-report-subpoena-judiciary-20190419-story.html :USFlag:

From another article on the front page of that commie pinko authoritarian, lying, yadda, yadda fishwrap:

Trump's efforts to obstruct the investigation "were often carried out through one-on-one meetings in which the president sought to use his official power outside of usual channels," Mueller wrote. "The president's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the president declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the special counsel continued.  * * *  The report says Mueller's team unearthed "multiple acts by the president that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Rus[her]-interference and obstruction investigations."

The report is a yuuuuuge win for the president!!! Total exoneration!!! :USFlag:

Boom goes the dynamite.