Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mueller Report Out Next Week?

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

No, Barr's letter stated that he didn't consider that while "clearing" Trump of obstruction. If you go and read the report, it actually says on Page 2 of Section 2 that they were operating under the belief that a sitting President cannot be indicted. 

Oh. aight.

he is the big word here, isn't it.

28 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

You are dangerously close to Retro / Akkula / 2001 territory.

You're up there in Nunes Country and that's where you belong. I'm down here in Schiff Country and it's where I belong.

But guess what, MBD, Nunes Country is becoming smaller and smaller in California and there isn't a single reason to think that's going to change.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You're up there in Nunes Country and that's where you belong. I'm down here in Schiff Country and it's where I belong.

But guess what, MBD, Nunes Country is becoming smaller and smaller in California and there isn't a single reason to think that's going to change.

Modesto is pretty different than Nunes Country. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Modesto is pretty different than Nunes Country. 

That's news to me. To my knowledge they're both bastions of Republicanism in a state where Trump got only 1/3 of the vote and where in 2020, he'll be fortunate to get 25%.

Boom goes the dynamite.

So I see right wingers are still high fiving each other over a report that says Trump wanted to interfere in an investigation.

But nothing is a scandal as long as it doesn't lead to impeachment.

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They have every right to be as foolish as they want to be.  And I encourage them the stay the course. 

Yes, 

People want results from the politicians not endless,  pointless wastes of time investigating the president. If the Democrats keep barking up the collusion/obstruction tree then they will get whacked in the 2020 election, and lose the house majority. Americans are tired of this pointless BS. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

The initial investigation stemmed from intelligence that Russia was attempting to influence the campaign, and that a Trump campaign staffer said that he was aware of it. That's not a witch hunt, that's the FBI doing their jobs. It was then handed over to Mueller as a Special Counsel to take over the investigation after Comey was fired, and Trump admitted that he fired him because of the "Russer thing". 

I have to ask... did you support the something like 12 different Benghazi investigations into Hillary Clinton that took place over about four years? Was that a "witch hunt" in your view?

Wrong! The investigation started in the summer of 2016 with a phony dossier used to gain a warrant. after Trump won the election (fairly) it pivoted from trying to stop him from winning, into trying to impeach him. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Yes, 

People want results from the politicians not endless,  pointless wastes of time investigating the president. If the Democrats keep barking up the collusion/obstruction tree then they will get whacked in the 2020 election, and lose the house majority. Americans are tired of this pointless BS. 

If a cloud of mistrust hangs over him, it will hurt him in 2020

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's news to me. To my knowledge they're both bastions of Republicanism in a state where Trump got only 1/3 of the vote and where in 2020, he'll be fortunate to get 25%.

Tulare County and Stanislaus County are pretty different. But I live in the Valley, so I'm closer to it than a lot of people.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

If a cloud of mistrust hangs over him, it will hurt him in 2020

The Dems have handled their hate of Trump rather poorly, leaving the middle unsure of which way to swing.  Their behavior isn't drawing the middle to them either.  This will be an interesting 18 months.  Who's going to shyt the bed more?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Wrong! The investigation started in the summer of 2016 with a phony dossier used to gain a warrant. after Trump won the election (fairly) it pivoted from trying to stop him from winning, into trying to impeach him. 

You're right that it started in the Summer of 2016, but not with the Dossier. The Government didn't have the Dossier at that point. It was started because of G-Pop drunkenly mouthing off to an Australian diplomat combined with other intelligence received that Russia was engaged in an active measures campaign to influence the election. God, like... go read or something instead of spouting off Faux "News" talking points. 

8 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Wrong! The investigation started in the summer of 2016 with a phony dossier used to gain a warrant. 

No, it was the dueling House intelligence committee memos agreed it was the Papadopoulos information that triggered the FBI investigation.

10 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Tulare County and Stanislaus County are pretty different. But I live in the Valley, so I'm closer to it than a lot of people.

Well, I'm quite aware that Tulare has the absolutely lowest per capita income of California's 58 counties and has an uneducated workforce from a relative standpoint. I don't know Stanislaus' per capita income but not only does it have a CSU school, it is also proximate to the newest UC school, Merced. The closest universities to Tulare must be Fresno State and CSU Bakersfield and the latter school is as close to a community college as a CSU campus can get.

Nunes graduated from Cal Poly SLO and that looks pretty impressive on its face. However, nobody should think he studied engineering, architecture or anything intellectual.

Boom goes the dynamite.

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So what?  I was referring to a state of mind, not a physical location.

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The Dems have handled their hate of Trump rather poorly, leaving the middle unsure of which way to swing.  Their behavior isn't drawing the middle to them either.  This will be an interesting 18 months.  Who's going to shyt the bed more?

Actual Dems?  Or media talking-head dems?

I think this is the correct strategy:

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Well, I'm quite aware that Tulare has the absolutely lowest per capita income of California's 58 counties and has an uneducated workforce from a relative standpoint. I don't know Stanislaus' per capita income but not only does it have a CSU school, it is also proximate to the newest UC school, Merced. The closest universities to Tulare must be Fresno State and CSU Bakersfield and the latter school is as close to a community college as a CSU campus can get.

Nunes graduated from Cal Poly SLO and that looks pretty impressive on its face. However, nobody should think he studied engineering, architecture or anything intellectual.

What is your point? You come across as an elitist prick.

110926run_defense710.jpg

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think he's going to enter the election with a dissaproval rating in the mid 50's, so I'm not sure the middle is torn on him