Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mueller Report Out Next Week?

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Do you mean that great big lie when he said there was no collusion?

Chalk that one up to the blind squirrel theory - No collusion with trump & Russian govt but not between trumps camp & Russians 

47 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Let’s declassify it all. Everything from the FISA warrants to the underlying evidence here.  And let’s put everybody in jail who exceeded their authority or abused the system.  Burn it all down!

The problem is nobody exceeded their authority. Corruption is often legal.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Chalk that one up to the blind squirrel theory - No collusion with trump & Russian govt but not between trumps camp & Russians 

Do you have a full size, AOC poster in your bedroom?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Do you have a full size, AOC poster in your bedroom?

AOC is your main focus in the coming year isn't it - Good man, you're spot on message from Fox news & your handlers !! 

8 minutes ago, alum93 said:

You think the 2018 Senate races were favorable to the Democrats?  I remember more conversations like the one below.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-democrats-explainer/democrats-face-almost-impossible-map-to-retake-u-s-senate-idUSKCN1L920M

Democrats are defending two dozen Senate seats this cycle - including 10 in states Trump won in 2016, some by huge margins. They need a net total of two seats to seize control of the chamber.

Having a majority would allow the party to derail or stall much of Trump’s policy agenda and increase congressional oversight and investigation of the administration, as well as complicate future conservative nominations to the U.S. Supreme Court should another vacancy occur.

Stu Rothenberg, a non-partisan political analyst, called the Senate landscape “an almost impossible map” for Democrats. But, he added, given the headwinds facing Republicans, “the Senate could be in play.”

Here is another one.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/politics/senate-democrats/index.html

But, context! Everyone seems to forget that the 2018 election cycle was a once-in-a-generation sort of map for Republicans. Democrats had to defend 26 seats as compared to just 9 for Republicans. Of those 26 Democratic seats, 10 -- 10! -- were in states that President Donald Trump won in 2016 including five (Indiana, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia) he won by double digits. When the 2018 cycle began, there was not-crazy talk among Republicans that they had an outside chance at controlling 60 seats -- a filibuster-proof majority -- at the start of 2019.
From that to a modest gain (at best) is a big, big difference. And the reason that's important is that the battle for control of the Senate majority isn't a one-cycle affair. It's about minimizing your losses in bad cycles (when you have lots and lots of vulnerable seats up) and maximizing your gains in good ones.
Which brings us to the 2020 Senate map, in which 22 Republicans are up for re-election as compared to just 12 Democrats. Two Senate Republicans -- Susan Collins of Maine and Cory Gardner of Colorado -- will have to win reelection in states that Hillary Clinton won in 2016. Democrats are also likely to target Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst, the Arizona seat (Sen. Jon Kyl is expected to resign sometime in early 2019 and will be replaced by an appointee chosen by Republican Gov. Doug Ducey) and North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis. For Democrats, Alabama Sen. Doug Jones is their biggest problem, and Republicans may seek to target Michigan Sen. Gary Peters as well.
Go forward even two more years and you see another advantageous map for Democrats. Republicans will be defending 21 seats as compared to just 12 for Democrats. Democrats will take a very hard run at Sen. Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania, Sen. Ron Johnson in Wisconsin and the possible open seat currently held by Iowa's Sen. Chuck Grassley. Democratic vulnerabilities are somewhat limited, with Nevada Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Colorado's Sen. Michael Bennet on the top of the list.

There was a point in the race where the Dems thought they had a good chance at taking the senate too, which was a long shot.  They took fewer seats in the house that many predicted and lost some of the seats in the senate many thought they had a very good chance at getting.  I think the Mueller investigation had a lot to do with that.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

There was a point in the race where the Dems thought they had a good chance at taking the senate too, which was a long shot.  They took fewer seats in the house that many predicted and lost some of the seats in the senate many thought they had a very good chance at getting.  I think the Mueller investigation had a lot to do with that.

Most of what i remember reading leading up was it was a long shot because of the seats they had to defend versus Republicans, but that it could happen.  As long as Congress is split at a minimum with Senate and House while Trump is in WH, i am happy.  Forces gridlock and gives Democrats control on powerful committees, in addition to providing oversight that would have been minimized at best otherwise.  I wouldn't want Dems in control of Senate, House, and WH either, but with a guy like Trump i think it is even more imperative.

31 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

GOP becoming a cesspool for idiots and idiocy - They are a big tent party, if you're a racist, nazi, child molester, liar, you can make great strides in today's republican party !!!  :cheer: 

Hey! stop calling them Nazis!  They are neo-nazis and it's not fair to lump them together! 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

AOC is your main focus in the coming year isn't it - Good man, you're spot on message from Fox news & your handlers !! 

AOC is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.  It's just a matter of time before it crashes and burns.  

She has to be the most embarrassing loudmouth the dems will have to deal with during this election cycle.  I'm guessing they hope she gets beat. 

Barack Obama

AOC is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.  It's just a matter of time before it crashes and burns.  

She has to be the most embarrassing loudmouth the dems will have to deal with during this election cycle.  I'm guessing they hope she gets beat. 

Youse guys should focus on AOC for the next 20 months - it's good material to stir up the base :cheer: 

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This rule was changed under Clinton's administration.  Me and Clinton are buds!

Constitutional Congressional oversight rules were changed under the Clinton Administration. Okay then. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Hey! stop calling them Nazis!  They are neo-nazis and it's not fair to lump them together! 

Like you, he's too phucking dumb to realize it's the left who exhibit Nazi behavior, up to and including silencing their critics and using violence against those who refuse to march in lockstep with their moronic agenda.  

But by all means party on, comrade.  

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Youse guys should focus on AOC for the next 20 months - it's good material to stir up the base :cheer: 

She has done much more for the GOP than she has for the dims.  I hope she keeps keeping on. 

Barack Obama

Like you, he's too phucking dumb to realize it's the left who exhibit Nazi behavior, up to and including silencing their critics and using violence against those who refuse to march in lockstep with their moronic agenda.  

But by all means party on, comrade.  

Yep.

9ud4n2Q.jpg

6Bg95XD.jpg

dX1hZbo.jpg