Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mueller Report Out Next Week?

8 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Were there minor redactions in them?

There were three names, who it looks like are Lewinsky's relatives, that were redacted. There were also a few words here and there that were redacted, that look like they were for the same reason. The unredacted version was offered to Congress though.

3 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

The Dems have 18 months to get rid of Trump.

It'll likely come via the election. I originally said that I didn't think he'd last his first term, but I'm probably wrong there.

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

It'll likely come via the election. I originally said that I didn't think he'd last his first term, but I'm probably wrong there.

Can see just the testimony by congress taking up most of the summer into early fall - then the 2020 election is a year away 

trump will be in campaign mode 100% for a year drumming up the drooling loons that are his fan base 

This next year could be the craziest thing the US of A has seen probably ever - with trump taking his lies to new levels and inciting his base into god knows what acts of lunacy over the next 18 months 

9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

:Clapping:

D4dTRdjW4AMnouM.jpg:large

I think the “I’m fucked” part is out of context without the rest of what was said where he says “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency.  It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything.”  

I don’t think he was saying he was “fucked” because of a crime he had committed and would be caught.  But was saying that as it would be a drag on his presidency.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

These guys are a gift that just keeps on giving.  :Clapping:

Like I said to @modestobulldog. Do you believe that Congress doesn't have a Constitutional right to review the full report as part of their Constitutional oversight duties?

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Like I said to @modestobulldog. Do you believe that Congress doesn't have a Constitutional right to review the full report as part of their Constitutional oversight duties?

They have every right to be as foolish as they want to be.  And I encourage them the stay the course. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Ok, yes they do, but in this case they shouldn't.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, modestobulldog said:

Ok, yes they do, but in this case they shouldn't.

You're already down for being in favor of an authoritarian presidency as long as it's one of your guys. You don't need to double down.

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think the “I’m +++++ed” part is out of context without the rest of what was said where he says “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency.  It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything.”  

I don’t think he was saying he was “+++++ed” because of a crime he had committed and would be caught.  But was saying that as it would be a drag on his presidency.   

I don't disagree with you here... but given the section of the report it was in, it looks like it was put in there as proof of Trump's mindset. It give insight into his later and frequent attempts to end the investigation.

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think the “I’m +++++ed” part is out of context without the rest of what was said where he says “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency.  It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything.”  

I don’t think he was saying he was “+++++ed” because of a crime he had committed and would be caught.  But was saying that as it would be a drag on his presidency.   

Well, it if really was a witch hunt like the Hillary investigation he could have just ignored it and pursued his agenda.  Instead he has been bringing it up every day to distract from the fact he has no agenda and cannot get anything done.  Imagine if he didn't have this PR gift and he just had to explain all of his failures every day.

Posted Image

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Of course I'm not in favor of an authoritarian president.  No conservative is.  We leave that to the dims. 

Well I mean, except for all of the "conservatives" that believe that there shouldn't have been an investigation to begin with and that Congress is overstepping by exercising their oversight responsibilities. 

39 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So you believe in an authoritarian and absolute presidency then. Good to know. I'll mark you down for being against the Constitution as long as your team is in power. 

Pffft.  Grow up, One can have a different opinion than yourself without being an "authoritarian", "absolute", constitution hater.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, modestobulldog said:

Pffft.  Grow up, One can have a different opinion than yourself without being an "authoritarian", "absolute", constitution hater.  

You believe that Congress shouldn't be allowed to exercise their Constitutional oversight duties because it's one of your guys that's in the White House. Support for an absolute/authoritarian Presidency doesn't get much more clear than that.