Jump to content
mugtang

Mueller Report Out Next Week?

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bookmarking my Prediction:

1. Various individual Trump election officials attempted to conspire with Russian actors in or close to the Russian government to negatively impact Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. There is little to no evidence that these attempts impacted the outcome of the election.

2. While there remain questions as to whether Trump knew about or was involved in those efforts himself, the investigation found no clear evidence implicating him personally in those attempts.

3. Trump probably obstructed justice in the aftermath of the election and throughout this investigation.

4. It is not the Justice Department's responsibility to hold the President accountable for these things. To avoid a constitutional crisis, the Justice Department will not pursue any actions against the president. It is Congress' responsibility to decide if the points described above merit action and should result in impeachment. 

Dems wills say this proves something-or-other, Fox News and the GOP will say this completely absolves the president. We will be in the same place we are now, and we have been for the last 2 years.

Looking forward to it.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Bookmarking my Prediction:

1. Various individual Trump election officials attempted to conspire with Russian actors in or close to the Russian government to negatively impact Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. There is little to no evidence that these attempts impacted the outcome of the election.

2. While there remain questions as to whether Trump knew about or was involved in those efforts himself, the investigation found no clear evidence implicating him personally in those attempts.

3. Trump probably obstructed justice in the aftermath of the election and throughout this investigation.

4. It is not the Justice Department's responsibility to hold the President accountable for these things. To avoid a constitutional crisis, the Justice Department will not pursue any actions against the president. It is Congress' responsibility to decide if the points described above merit action and should result in impeachment. 

Dems wills say this proves something-or-other, Fox News and the GOP will say this completely absolves the president. We will be in the same place we are now, and we have been for the last 2 years.

Looking forward to it.

I pretty much think this is how it will go down.  I said several months ago our only hope to rid ourselves of Trump is if he strokes out.  I stand by that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking, after the report, the House will impeach and the Senate will shut it down.

There will be no removal from office, but Democratic members of Congress can say that they demanded his removal, while tying the Republican Party closer to him.

I would even say it's probably good (if ineffectual) politics for them to impeach, but it will also further solidify Trump's base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CV147 said:

I'm thinking, after the report, the House will impeach and the Senate will shut it down.

There will be no removal from office, but Democratic members of Congress can say that they demanded his removal, while tying the Republican Party closer to him.

I would even say it's probably good (if ineffectual) politics for them to impeach, but it will also further solidify Trump's base.

I think if impeachment was entirely up to Pelosi, it wouldn't happen. The reason is Nancy is all about practicality and knows the Senate will never convict and she doesn't want to chance riling up Trump's base. However, rather than being about pragmatism, the House's left wing newbies are entirely motivated by hatred of the fake prez so all they really care about is embarrassing him and forcing the guy to defend himself in the Senate would serve that purpose.

Since it's apparent Mueller hasn't been able to link Trump himself to Russian election interference, my opinion is if there's solid evidence in the report that Trump engaged in acts constituting obstruction of justice, the House Dems should impeach. However, if not, they shouldn't.

Edit: Forgot to say this. I'll add to smalltownrocker's prediction that there will be something in the Mueller report which implicates Don Jr. in what Trump the Elder has called (about a million times) "collusion." Unlike his old man, Junior isn't president and so can be indicted but whether Mueller will go that far is an open question.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I think if impeachment was entirely up to Pelosi, it wouldn't happen. The reason is Nancy is all about practicality and knows the Senate will never convict and she doesn't want to chance riling up Trump's base. However, rather than being about pragmatism, the House's left wing newbies are entirely motivated by hatred of the fake prez so all they really care about is embarrassing him and forcing the guy to defend himself in the Senate would serve that purpose.

Since it's apparent Mueller hasn't been able to link Trump himself to Russia's election interference, my opinion is if there's solid evidence in the report that Trump engaged in acts constituting obstruction of justice, the House Dems should impeach. However, if not, they shouldn't.

This is the reason Pelosi is in there as speaker more than anything, IMO. If they impeach in the house before the election, we know for a fact that there is at least a strategic reason for doing so. I highly doubt that she moves to impeach unless the evidence is so compelling that she knows the Senate will convict, or there's some data or compelling theory that the impeachment process will somehow help Democrats in some way.

Conventional wisdom says impeachment without conviction is a disaster for Democrats. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Bookmarking my Prediction:

1. Various individual Trump election officials attempted to conspire with Russian actors in or close to the Russian government to negatively impact Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. There is little to no evidence that these attempts impacted the outcome of the election.

2. While there remain questions as to whether Trump knew about or was involved in those efforts himself, the investigation found no clear evidence implicating him personally in those attempts.

3. Trump probably obstructed justice in the aftermath of the election and throughout this investigation.

4. It is not the Justice Department's responsibility to hold the President accountable for these things. To avoid a constitutional crisis, the Justice Department will not pursue any actions against the president. It is Congress' responsibility to decide if the points described above merit action and should result in impeachment. 

Dems wills say this proves something-or-other, Fox News and the GOP will say this completely absolves the president. We will be in the same place we are now, and we have been for the last 2 years.

Looking forward to it.

I think that's a pretty solid prediction. Along with that list, I'm going to add the following: "Teams and shit." 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At it's crux the whole thing will be a nothing-burger on par with Geraldo finding Road Maps in Al Capone's glovebox...

But, each side will read into it whatever they want to, and nothing will change. The autistic screeching on both sides will continue, unabated. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The findings will be this.

Trump talked to some Russians.  Trump tried to do business in Russia.

No evidence of any wrong doing.

The morons who hate businessmen will claim this is proof Trump is bad.  Several democrats will pound the drums of impeachment because businessmen are bad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

At it's crux the whole thing will be a nothing-burger on par with Geraldo finding Road Maps in Al Capone's glovebox...

But, each side will read into it whatever they want to, and nothing will change. The autistic screeching on both sides will continue, unabated. 

I bet @jackmormonand @retrofade will find something massively damning in it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pokebball said:

In the first sentence

All they’re going to see is...

Trump-Jail.jpg?1488609771

“Any day now...  tick tock tick tock”!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll believe it when I see it. How long have they been saying this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

The findings will be this.

Trump talked to some Russians.  Trump tried to do business in Russia.

No evidence of any wrong doing.

The morons who hate businessmen will claim this is proof Trump is bad.  Several democrats will pound the drums of impeachment because businessmen are bad!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mugtang said:

:popcorn:

Is the AG shutting everything down? Will the report ever see the light of day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Is the AG shutting everything down? Will the report ever see the light of day?

I don’t think this is the AG shutting it down.  It’s been speculated for awhile that he would wrap up in the first quarter of 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t think this is the AG shutting it down.  It’s been speculated for awhile that he would wrap up in the first quarter of 2019. 

The timing seems odd if this report bears out. He just arrested Roger Stone and still have a lot of evidence to sift though it seems like there are still a lot of loose ends to tie up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The timing seems odd if this report bears out. He just arrested Roger Stone and still have a lot of evidence to sift though it seems like there are still a lot of loose ends to tie up. 

We have no idea if there are any loose ends still. You’re making quite a few assumptions with your statement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×