Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#6 Nevada @ San Diego State

1 hour ago, westfan said:

I live between Reno and Carson City with lots of snow and it's snowing again, watching that video with the SDSU ladies showing their T&A coming out to play makes me hope for an early Summer for Tahoe.On the flip side the skiing here is great, four seasons does have it's benefits..

You washoe valleyites do get it pretty bad between the snow and the zephyrs

It's strange, what with Reno ranked as high as they are, but tbh that is the only real source of hype=>motivation for us IMO. There is simply no sense of personal vitriol, like I've felt at times when we play UNM or that we always have in reserve for the zoobs... :shrug:

To the contrary, I have nothing but respect for Muss and that senior-laden, transfer-driven squad he's assembled. Jordan Caroline is one of my favorite players in college hoops, and, of course, there's the

shining-twins.jpg&w=450&c=sc&poi=face&q=

(^ Better be there in Big Heads tonight)

FWIW, dropping another conference game on the Mesa - which for some reason seems to be a school tradition for you guys - won't hurt you beyond the bus ride back to the airport. However, regardless of what happens tonight, if you guys don't make it at least to the Sweet 16 we will all be very disappointed in you.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

SDSU was never on my hate radar either. Dangerous radar, yes, but never hate. 

Hate radar:

UNLV is given for eternity in all sports

USU used to be in bball in the WAC days, but it's really dead now. 

BSU and Fresno State are an odd pair. I think we respect hate BSU, and just plain hate Fresno State.

BYU douches since the Chance Kretschmer incident in football, and it translated to bball somewhat.

Personally, one fan base that is climbing the hate list for me is CSU.

Reno fans are for the most part new money 'tards who know little about how programs are built and sustained. A temporary irritant at worst.

You ave to give this team props. They have the average age of the BYU offensive line without the kids and wives as a distraction, which makes beating beating teams with college age athletes easier.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I hear you NVBlueNeck.  I had a good time when mug hosted me back in 2014, and I found Pack fans to be good people.  Same with Boise fans.   

I had a bad experience with a couple drunk Lobos a while ago, but it was isolated.  I don't really have disdain for anyone in the MW.  Friendly basketball rivalry with UNLV and UNM, and trying to revive one with Fresno for football.

31 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Reno fans are for the most part new money 'tards who know little about how programs are built and sustained. A temporary irritant at worst.

You ave to give this team props. They have the average age of the BYU offensive line without the kids and wives as a distraction, which makes beating beating teams with college age athletes easier.

Damn are we sure this isn’t PH? 

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

SDSU was never on my hate radar either. Dangerous radar, yes, but never hate. 

Hate radar:

UNLV is given for eternity in all sports

USU used to be in bball in the WAC days, but it's really dead now. 

BSU and Fresno State are an odd pair. I think we respect hate BSU, and just plain hate Fresno State.

BYU douches since the Chance Kretschmer incident in football, and it translated to bball somewhat.

Personally, one fan base that is climbing the hate list for me is CSU.

Ditto, though for me, USU was the “scream obscenities at each other during the game but go for drinks together afterwards” rival.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Last year the Aztecs beat Nevada at home. I thought Nevada would take their revenge in the MWC Tournament but the Aztecs treated them like a Div II team in the most dominant half the Aztecs played last season. It was surprising. Tonight We again have Nevada's attention. Nevada should win but The Aztecs do have an outside chance. The Aztecs have to hit their shots above normal....not easy against a good defensive team. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

He's older and crankier. Like one of the old guys in the balcony on the Muppets Show.

LOL.....truer than I'd care to admit..

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

43 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Aztec fans know if Jordan Schakel is likely to suit up tonight? I know he's missed the last couple or so

Haven't heard anything. The team is typically tight lipped about player status

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, AztecBill said:

Last year the Aztecs beat Nevada at home. I thought Nevada would take their revenge in the MWC Tournament but the Aztecs treated them like a Div II team in the most dominant half the Aztecs played last season. It was surprising. Tonight We again have Nevada's attention. Nevada should win but The Aztecs do have an outside chance. The Aztecs have to hit their shots above normal....not easy against a good defensive team. 

I think the Aztecs will need to play above normal in every catagory and Nevada to play bad in every catagory for the Aztecs to win. Or the Aztecs play the game of their lives like in the MWC tourney last year. If they do Nevada doesn’t have a chance.