Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

We joke about meeting up at Best Buy...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/us/anthony-tj-cunningham-former-nfl-player-shot/index.html

Anthony "T.J." Cunningham, a former Seattle Seahawks player and assistant principal at a Colorado high school, has died after being shot during a parking dispute, the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office said.

Cunningham, 46, an NFL safety during the 1996 season, was shot by a neighbor early Sunday and taken to a hospital, where he died the next day, the sheriff's office said via Twitter.
The neighbor, Marcus Johnson, 31, was originally held on attempted murder charges, but the charges were amended to first-degree murder after Cunningham's death, authorities said.
It's not clear whether Johnson, who is being held without bond, has an attorney.
The shooting occurred in the parking lot of Eaglecrest High School in Aurora, where deputies found Cunningham with gunshot wounds, according to a probable cause document. After the shooting, a sheriff's officer said, Johnson called deputies to say that he had shot his neighbor. The handgun was in his car.
Witnesses told investigators the two men had had an "ongoing parking dispute," according to the officer. Cunningham's brother told investigators he accompanied the former player to the parking lot, where the two neighbors were to "box it out," referring to their dispute. Their homes are about a mile from the school.
Cunningham and Johnson walked toward each other, yelling obscenities, the court document said. Johnson, who said Cunningham had a bottle, shot him three time in the head and chest, according to the document. Cunningham's brother told investigators the former NFL player was unarmed.
Cunningham was pronounced dead Monday afternoon.
Aurora Public Schools said in a statement, "We are deeply saddened to learn that one of our assistant principals, Anthony (TJ) Cunningham passed away."
Counselors were available at Hinkley High School, where Cunningham worked, throughout the week, the statement said.
Cunningham played wide receiver and defensive back at the University of Colorado. He was the 209th overall pick in the 1996 NFL draft by Seattle, according to the Seahawks website.

The Colorado Buffaloes said on Twitter that Cunningham was "a tremendous part of the CU community and touched countless others beyond Boulder.
"We were deeply shocked and saddened to learn of the death of T.J. Cunningham. He was a good family man and had a strong passion for working with young people."

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

43 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

30 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Incredibly sad.  Two grown men who can't resolve an issue without violence.  And one died over it.

I would not be surprised if concussion injuries played a part in Cunningham's anger and irrational decision making here. Incredibly sad and tragic.

27 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I would not be surprised if concussion injuries played a part in Cunningham's anger and irrational decision making here. Incredibly sad and tragic.

You're right.  Hard to understand just how much damage football players, especially pros have gone through.  Tragic.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Sort of along the same lines, I was recently at the local Albertsons putting groceries in my car when some dude starts kicking the door in of a pickup truck stopped in the middle of the parking lot aisle. He then proceeds to pound on the wind shield and hood screaming at the guy and girl inside for several minutes. The girl and dude inside the truck finally gets out and just when the dudes look like they are about to throw blows the girl jumps in between them. At about that time a cop car pulls up and gets between the dudes and calms things down. 

Im not sure what the problem was, it wasnt an accident or anything. I’m sure the first dude will be paying for the damages to the guys pickup. Some people are just phucking nuts and it doesn’t take much to set them off. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Sort of along the same lines, I was recently at the local Albertsons putting groceries in my car when some dude starts kicking the door in of a pickup truck stopped in the middle of the parking lot aisle. He then proceeds to pound on the wind shield and hood screaming at the guy and girl inside for several minutes. The girl and dude inside the truck finally gets out and just when the dudes look like they are about to throw blows the girl jumps in between them. At about that time a cop car pulls up and gets between the dudes and calms things down. 

Im not sure what the problem was, it wasnt an accident or anything. I’m sure the first dude will be paying for the damages to the guys pickup. Some people are just phucking nuts and it doesn’t take much to set them off. 

Don't steal my fugging parking spot and we won't have any problems!

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

That is sadly a really good way to get shot. 

Too many people are packing heat around here to be getting into road rage bullshit. Not worth it.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

2 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

That is sadly a really good way to get shot. 

Too many people are packing heat around here to be getting into road rage bullshit. Not worth it.

Some kid I knew got his head blown off last night outside a bar in Modesto because his buddy was leaned up against someone's car smoking, the guy whose car it was, came out and lost it, it escalated into a fist fight, the kid I knew tried to play peacemaker and got sucker punched, and then the dude (whose car the kid's friend was leaning on) pulled a gun out from inside, and wasted him right there. Then drove off. 

It's a crazy world out there. 

3 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Incredibly sad.  Two grown men who can't resolve an issue without violence.  And one died over it.

I've had to kick @cosinama's ass several times in various parking lots. He's so incredibly dense the message never gets through: leave my mom alone. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.