Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Twitter rumor mill ramping up UNLV BB (read at own risk)

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

I said this before but why would Muss leave if they could afford Pitino?

If even UNLV turned down Pitino, he'd probably be desperate enough to go to Reno for free, lol.

jk. Pitino would never be that desperate, lol. 

20 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

If even UNLV turned down Pitino, he'd probably be desperate enough to go to Reno for free, lol.

And as for the American Coach, the NCAA thinks it can infiltrate the Mountain West? Take him to Reno.

Rick Pitino: "No! No, not Reno, no, please! Anything but that! No!" 

8 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

And as for the American Coach, the NCAA thinks it can infiltrate the Mountain West? Take him to Reno.

Rick Pitino: "No! No, not Reno, no, please! Anything but that! No!" 

I edited my post above lol. 

9 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

jk. Pitino would never be that desperate, lol. 

Neither would NV.  He wouldn't get an interview with us or at any decent program. 

RP will end up at some desperation U.  We've never been desperate enough to hire a scumbag like RP.  You guys are another story.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

someone I know  said if UNLV didn't hire Pitino, then Reno would when Muss leaves. I think he was only half kidding..

That would totally suck, lol.

That's funny.  Even if RP volunteered we wouldn't take him.  Admin & AD reputations count for something up here.

21 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Neither would NV.  He wouldn't get an interview with us or at any decent program. 

RP will end up at some desperation U.  We've never been desperate enough to hire a scumbag like RP.  You guys are another story.  

4 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

That's funny.  Even if RP volunteered we wouldn't take him.  Admin & AD reputations count for something up here.

:facepalm:lol

This is why it's highly doubtful RP will get a shot at UNLV.  Too much risk for the careers of the interim prez and drf.  Easy for the boosters and fans to want him since our jobs and reputations aren't on the line.

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Bingo.  Out west you can include Cal, Stanford and Arizona on that list too.  Zona won't touch Pitino with an FBI cloud hanging over their heads.

Stanford and Cal wouldn't touch a Pitino.  No way.  

50 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Does Cal Poly count as desperation U?  And do you believe Pitino would consider them?

13 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

At this point it would be a let-down if Mediocre Marv were retained after all these juicy rumors. Time to earn your keep and make something happen, DRF!!

I'm always interested in your program considering the rivalry which exists between our schools. That and how having UNLV back to where it should be would help the MWC make me hope you get one of these top tier guys. However, how many times since Kruger left have we heard UNLV Peters cry wolf?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Would cal poly consider RP?

In my mind, Cal Poly is essentially the Big West's CSU version of UC Davis and despite Dan Hawkins' big mouth, UCD hired him. Hawkins' name isn't as big as Pitino's but OTOH, Hawkins played at UCD so had some local yokels pushing for him.

But I can think of only one reason anyone like Pitino would want to coach at Cal Poly and that would be to retire in SLO and Pitino has the $$ to retire anywhere he wants.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Would cal poly consider RP?

They might when the alternative is staying with a coach who's produced four 20+ loss seasons in the last five years (already at 18 this year so I'll preemptively call it five in six)

19 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

In my mind, Cal Poly is essentially the Big West's CSU version of UC Davis and despite Dan Hawkins' big mouth, UCD hired him. Hawkins' name isn't as big as Pitino's but OTOH, Hawkins played at UCD so had some local yokels pushing for him.

But I can think of only one reason anyone like Pitino would want to coach at Cal Poly and that would be to retire in SLO and Pitino has the $$ to retire anywhere he wants.

Or Pitino is just so desperate to get back into the college game he'll coach anywhere on the cheap.  Pitino to SAN, anyone?

We've been here with Pitino before, except no one is holding him back this time. His wife who pushed him away from Vegas to Louisville to suppress his nighttime activities and so she could raise horses is long gone. UNLV needs to get off their high horse post-Tark and realize hiring "safe" coaches has only resulted this program to falling into irrelevance for the last 25+ years. Pitino and UNLV are the perfect match. They're both black sheep that have been screwed over by the selective enforcement policies of the corrupt NCAA. It would make UNLV into national headliner again overnight. 

People with no vision scoff at this, but UNLV is a sleeping giant. We have built-in advantages that Pitino could sell to recruits better than anybody. Forget the perks/night life and that it's the best city in the country to be 'famous" in. -- we have Bishop Gorman and Findlay Prep right in our backyard for recruiting (Not to mention Vegas is the AAU Mecca of Prep basketball). We have NBA Summer League inside our elite practice facility and arena that facilitates UNLV players to practice and rub elbows with every major player, coach, scout, and analyst in the NBA. It's the most valuable recruiting tool in the country to a college player trying to get extra exposure and networking contacts with the NBA. 

Frosting on the cake, Rick Pitino will hire REGGIE THEUS as his lead recruiter. Theus will be dropping the panties of every 5 star recruit's momma in the country, they'll be begging for their son to go to UNLV. 

Prepare thy anus you MWC peasants, UNLV IS F*CKING BACK, BABY. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

We've been here with Pitino before, except no one is holding him back this time. His wife who pushed him away from Vegas to Louisville to suppress his nighttime activities and so she could raise horses is long gone. UNLV needs to get off their high horse post-Tark and realize hiring "safe" coaches has only resulted this program to falling into irrelevance for the last 25+ years. Pitino and UNLV are the perfect match. They're both black sheep that have been screwed over by the selective enforcement policies of the corrupt NCAA. It would make UNLV into national headliner again overnight. 

People with no vision scoff at this, but UNLV is a sleeping giant. We have built-in advantages that Pitino could sell to recruits better than anybody. Forget the perks/night life and that it's the best city in the country to be a 'famous" in. -- we have Bishop Gorman and Findlay Prep right in our backyard for recruiting (Not to mention Vegas is the AAU Mecca of Prep basketball). We have NBA Summer League inside our elite practice facility and arena that facilities UNLV players players to practice and rub elbows with every major  NBA player, coach, scout, and analyst in the country. It's the most valuable recruiting tool in the country to a college player trying to get extra exposure and networking contacts with the NBA. 

Frosting on the cake, Rick Pitino will hire REGGIE THEUS as his lead recruiter. Theus will be dropping the panties of every 5 star recruit's momma in the country, they'll be begging for their son to go to UNLV. 

Prepare thy anus you MWC peasants, UNLV IS F*CKING BACK, BABY. 

F*ck I hope you guys land him. Hand, meet glove.

And I do agree the UNLV brand is not extinct, but simply dormant. Of course, as you mention, for the last quarter century you guys have really put the doormat into dormant.

I think it would be awesome for you guys to return to the status you enjoyed during your glory years, as opposed to the glory hole years that have followed.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg