Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Wyoming

DATE: Tuesday, February 19
TIME: 8 p.m. MT / 7 p.m. PT
SITE: Arena-Auditorium (15,028), Laramie, Wyoming
TV: CBS Sports Network (Rich Waltz, Tim Doyle)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith, sideline reporter: Steve Cofield)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 39-18

The Runnin’ Rebels are 9-15 all-time at Wyoming, but has lost three straight at the Arena-Auditorium

UNLV has won two straight over the Cowboys and four of the last five

Wyoming is 5-8 at home this season

UNLV’s last win at Wyoming came in 2013

Wyoming has lost two straight and five of its last six

The Cowboys are coming off a home loss to then-No. 7/6 UNR, 82-49, on Saturday

Justin James leads the Cowboys and the MW in scoring with 20.7 ppg.

Head coach Allen Edwards is in his third year leading Wyoming with a career record of 49-47 (.510)

UNLV is led in scoring this season by sophomore guard Amauri Hardy (13.2 ppg), senior guard Kris Clyburn (13.1 ppg) and Ntambwe (12.3 ppg). Sophomore forward Mbacke Diong is the team’s leading rebounder (6.5 rpg), while senior guard Noah Robotham leads the squad and is second in the MW in assists (5.0 apg). In just MW games, Robotham is the league leader (6.6 apg)

Tuesday will mark UNLV head coach Marvin Menzies’ 400th career game as a Division I head coach. In 399 games over 11-plus seasons, he has a career record of 243-156 (.609).

With its eighth Mountain West victory of the season on Saturday at San José State, UNLV matched its conference win total from last year. The Runnin’ Rebels went 8-10 during the 2017-18 MW season. They also had an 8-5 league record last year, but dropped each of their final five MW games. The last time UNLV finished MW play with more than eight wins was five years ago (2014) when it went 10-8

UNLV holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games scoring at least one 3-pointer. Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,064 games played.

Clyburn was 13-24 from the field in back to back games, then went 3-22 in his last two games

Clyburn grabbed a season high 14 rebounds vs SJS and was the 3rd time he's had 10+ rebounds in a game this season

Clyburn's rebounding average is at a season high 5.5

Hardy took a season high 9 3ptFG attempts vs SJS

Robotham's scoring average is at a season high 8.6 ppg

Beck hasn't played since February 2 at USU 

Woodbury has scored points in 7 of his 18 games played 

After grabbing 24 rebounds in three straight games vs NM, SDS, & UNR, Ntambwe has only had 10 rebounds in the five games since 

JTT has played 8 minutes or less in four of his last six games 

Diong is 8-10 from the field in his last two games with 17 rebounds

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The AA holds 15k?

Doubt it - Think there's only two MWC arena's that top 15,000 ( UNLV & New Mexico ) 

Wyoming's AA is about the same design as Utah's Huntsman Center, maybe a few seats smaller in the 10 -12K range 

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Doubt it - Think there's only two MWC arena's that top 15,000 ( UNLV & New Mexico ) 

Wyoming's AA is about the same design as Utah's Huntsman Center, maybe a few seats smaller in the 10 -12K range 

What is more impressive is UW's success in the building. Tabbed the "Dome of Doom," the Cowboys have won 74 percent of their games in the Double A and hosted 10 postseason tournament games. The Cowgirls have hosted 15 Women's National Invitation Tournament games since 2003, including capturing the 2007 WNIT championship in front of more than 15,400 fans.Home to the Wyoming Cowboy and Cowgirl basketball teams, the Arena-Auditorium has the distinction of being the highest NCAA Division I basketball venue in the country with an elevation of 7,220 feet. The 200,000 square-foot facility was built in 1982 at a cost of $15 million and is currently in the midst of a $30 million renovation. Phase I of the updates was completed in the fall of 2014. The building still holds the largest indoor seating capacity in the state at 11,612.

The first game played in the AA was February 20, 1982, the final home game of the 1981-82 season, as the Cowboys defeated Air Force 59-29 before a capacity crowd of 15,004. The Wyoming programs have gone on to draw 16 sellouts in the AA and 77 crowds of more than 10,000. UW has hosted two men's conference basketball tournaments in the Arena-Auditorium and two conference wrestling championships.

One of the most memorable games played in Arena-Auditorium history was on March 2, 2002, when the largest crowd in Double A history (16,089) watched Wyoming and Utah battle for the Mountain West Conference championship in the final regular-season game of the year. The Cowboys prevailed, 57-56.

The Double A houses several facilities that are designated specifically for the Cowboy and Cowgirl basketball teams. The men and women each have their own locker room, team room and video room, while the two programs share a 2,500 square-foot weight room and sports medicine area.

6 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

it did until they remodeled it a few years ago.

6 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Hope the Rebels were outfitted with luxurious fur coats for this roadie.  It is friggin cold on the Front Range this week.

It’s only in the 40s here this week, (should be 63) and when the stupid wind blows, it makes me so happy I’m not still living in Wyoming.

i gotta go further south. :blink:

Just now, 4UNLV said:

It’s only in the 40s here this week, (should be 63) and when the stupid wind blows, it makes me so happy I’m not still living in Wyoming.

Highs were in the low 40s in Arizona this past weekend.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

24 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

tenor.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."