Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

AOC with Probably Her Dumbest Statement Yet

20 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Gawd she positively triggers most cons on the board.  It's freaking hilarious.

You can compare the idea of a wall in America to the one in Berlin.  Both are eyesores.  Both are dumb ideas.  Both wouldn't stop people from crossing.  Even with machine gun nests, mines, barbed wire and soldier checkpoints, people still crossed the Berlin Wall. 

I think it's hilarious how much the recht tries to discredit her at every opportunity. Someone throw up that moron coug from north cal's goto gif.  It so applies to him and other cons now.

I am all for open immigration.  However, we need a wall at certain points.  People like Beto O’Rourke want to get rid of the wall in El Paso.  That is +++++ing insane!

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I am all for open immigration.  However, we need a wall at certain points.  People like Beto O’Rourke want to get rid of the wall in El Paso.  That is +++++ing insane!

Lowest numbers of illegal crossings in decades, knowledge that more than half of all illegals in the country flew in and overstayed their visas, crumbling infrastructure, massive out of control debt, stupid tax cuts, but yeah, let's drop 10-25 Billion for a freaking wall that will do nothing but remind the world how shallow and stupid Americans have become.

Remember how the world viewed the Berlin Wall?  I can't recall much admiration for it. Yeah, let's do something equally stupid.

Why not create a giant minefield all along the border with signs in Spanish and English to warn people?  Probably be more effective plus you wouldn't have to worry about them ever coming back. 

Man this country has become phucked up.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

5 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Lowest numbers of illegal crossings in decades, knowledge that more than half of all illegals in the country flew in and overstayed their visas, crumbling infrastructure, massive out of control debt, stupid tax cuts, but yeah, let's drop 10-25 Billion for a freaking wall that will do nothing but remind the world how shallow and stupid Americans have become.

Remember how the world viewed the Berlin Wall?  I can't recall much admiration for it. Yeah, let's do something equally stupid.

Why not create a giant minefield all along the border with signs in Spanish and English to warn people?  Probably be more effective plus you wouldn't have to worry about them ever coming back. 

Man this country has become phucked up.

You are a MORON if you think the Berlin Wall and our border wall are even remotely similar.  If you got rid of the border wall between El Paso and Ciudad Juarez and San Diego and Tijuana, then the drug cartel violence would start spreading over here.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You are a MORON if you think the Berlin Wall and our border wall are even remotely similar.  If you got rid of the border wall between El Paso and Ciudad Juarez and San Diego and Tijuana, then the drug cartel violence would start spreading over here.

You are a MORON if you think you can't compare the Berlin wall with a stupid wall along America's border.  I've already outlined several reasons they compare, and are equally dumb.

If the drug cartels want into America, they will come in.  They don't need to sneak into the country via desert wastelands.  And there are strong arguments that the cartels are already in America.  They go where the most money is to be made.  That's not El Salvador.

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Tomorrow it’ll be: “Ya know what? I just figured out that the sky is so high so the birds won’t bump their heads. But climate change IS lowering the sky, and soon birds will be getting hurt.”

That's some strong peyote you've been smoking.

46 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Gawd she positively triggers most cons on the board.  It's freaking hilarious.

You can compare the idea of a wall in America to the one in Berlin.  Both are eyesores.  Both are dumb ideas.  Both wouldn't stop people from crossing.  Even with machine gun nests, mines, barbed wire and soldier checkpoints, people still crossed the Berlin Wall. 

I think it's hilarious how much the recht tries to discredit her at every opportunity. Someone throw up that moron coug from north cal's goto gif.  It so applies to him and other cons now.

The perfect solution fallacy:  arguing that since a solution isn't 100% perfect that its useless.

Your argument doesn't hold water.  Walls are barriers to entry.  They don't have to reduce crossings to zero to be effective.

4 hours ago, RamSack said:

Come on PH.  You wanna bang her and you know it.

She is hot.  No crime in that. I actually like her.  She stirs the pot. Dumb as a rock though.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, easybronc said:

The perfect solution fallacy:  arguing that since a solution isn't 100% perfect that its useless.

Your argument doesn't hold water.  Walls are barriers to entry.  They don't have to reduce crossings to zero to be effective.

Of course the argument holds water. Walls don't stop people who want in.  It's at best a deterrent.  And for dumb supporters, it's a placebo. You think it's doing something when it really isn't.  I can think of a myriad of ways to better spend 10-25 billion dollars than to build a stupid wall.  Hell, even a freaking ginormous ice wall didn't stop Wildlings in GoT.

But hey mines do a better job.  Why not just use them instead?  Probably a lot cheaper too. 

10 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Could you imagine what would happen if there was no wall in San Diego or Tijuana?  It would be a disaster.

17 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

You are a MORON if you think you can't compare the Berlin wall with a stupid wall along America's border.  I've already outlined several reasons they compare, and are equally dumb.

If the drug cartels want into America, they will come in.  They don't need to sneak into the country via desert wastelands.  And there are strong arguments that the cartels are already in America.  They go where the most money is to be made.  That's not El Salvador.

I’m not understanding the reasons they compare.  The biggest difference was that one kept people in and the other keeps people out.  Germany was artificially divided.  People who were once neighbors were separated, and it symbolized communism.  The border wall for America is meant to keep out undesirable people.  Europe can scoff at us all they want.  They don’t need walls over there because their countries are relatively well off, and people aren’t trying to go from one to the other for better economic opportunities.

17 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Of course the argument holds water. Walls don't stop people who want in.  It's at best a deterrent.  And for dumb supporters, it's a placebo. You think it's doing something when it really isn't.  I can think of a myriad of ways to better spend 10-25 billion dollars than to build a stupid wall.  Hell, even a freaking ginormous ice wall didn't stop Wildlings in GoT.

But hey mines do a better job.  Why not just use them instead?  Probably a lot cheaper too. 

Because that would probably be a crime against humanity 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m not understanding the reasons they compare.  The biggest difference was that one kept people in and the other keeps people out.  Germany was artificially divided.  People who were once neighbors were separated, and it symbolized communism.  The border wall for America is meant to keep out undesirable people.  Europe can scoff at us all they want.  They don’t need walls over there because their countries are relatively well off, and people aren’t trying to go from one to the other for better economic opportunities.

The Berlin wall wasn't only created to keep East Berliner's in.  If you believe that you have no understanding of that time period and the cold war.  It was also to keep spies and others out.  Berlin was an island inside East Germany.  There were tons of places for East Germans to try and cross into the west. Not just Berlin.  It was created partly to thumb their noses at the allies in West Berlin. 

It was ineffective, a propaganda device of the communists, and it didn't stop people from trying to cross.  The border wall for America is not meant to keep out "undesirables" - a term I'd strongly urge you to rethink, because it is so very authoritarian in nature given historical usage.  It is meant to give the appearance of stopping people from crossing into America undocumented.  But that's a stupid idea anyway because more than half of illegals came in via documented travel.  And that didn't stop them from overstaying. 

Walls don't work.  They are a placebo.  You can't wall off the entire southern border anyway, because of little things like rivers.  That aside, the cost to build and the ongoing costs to maintain make building more walls than already exist a colossal waste of money. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Because that would probably be a crime against humanity 

So is a wall,  and separating children from parents, and having people die in holding cells.  So it doesn't seem that Americans really care.  So why not go the mine route?  More effective, less cost, and a bigger bang for your buck. What could be more American?

15 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

So is a wall,  and separating children from parents, and having people die in holding cells.  So it doesn't seem that Americans really care.  So why not go the mine route?  More effective, less cost, and a bigger bang for your buck. What could be more American?

How is building a wall between the United States and Mexico a crime against humanity?  That doesn’t make any sense.  We have every legal right to build a barrier between us and Mexico if we choose to.  I’m not saying I agree with it but in no way is it a crime against humanity. Separating children from their parents isn’t a crime against humanity either. It may be reprehensible but it doesn’t even come close to that.  Neither does people dying in holding cells.  We have an obligation to care for them but if they do things like tells us they’re fine when apprehended then what more can we do. Obviously there are instances of abuse by the guards but that’s still not a crime against humanity.  It’s a criminal act but it doesn’t rise to that level.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Dumb enough to not notice the error. You still take credit.

No, just not douchey enough to care or make a big deal of it.  But please, go ahead.  If pointing out that you know the difference between “and” and “an” makes you feel super duper smart then have at it.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

How is building a wall between the United States and Mexico a crime against humanity?  That doesn’t make any sense.  We have every legal right to build a barrier between us and Mexico if we choose to.  I’m not saying I agree with it but in no way is it a crime against humanity. Separating children from their parents isn’t a crime against humanity either. It may be reprehensible but it doesn’t even come close to that.  Neither does people dying in holding cells.  We have an obligation to care for them but if they do things like tells us they’re fine when apprehended then what more can we do. Obviously there are instances of abuse by the guards but that’s still not a crime against humanity.  It’s a criminal act but it doesn’t rise to that level.  

Wow your measuring stick for what constitutes a crime against humanity is very short.  If separating people from their kids and allowing some to die in custody isn't a crime against humanity, than how could a plainly marked mine field be?  No one is forcing them to cross the field, right?  And there would be plenty of warnings.  So it seems to go along with your rationale quite well.

2 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Wow your measuring stick for what constitutes a crime against humanity is very short.  If separating people from their kids and allowing some to die in custody isn't a crime against humanity, than how could a plainly marked mine field be?  No one is forcing them to cross the field, right?  And there would be plenty of warnings.  So it seems to go along with your rationale quite well.

Ok