Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

Fresno State 2020 recruiting

https://247sports.com/player/mac-dalena-46058892/

new commit...brother of current bulldog Frank Dalena.   Won the fastest man at our camp last weekend.  

I think he's frankly a touch low rating-wise...he has a borderline 5* teammate in Jalen McMillan sucking up all the attention and accolades, and last year he was stuck behind Josh Kelly as well.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:00 PM, godogsgo said:

Good to see the Edison pipeline resuming. 

Going forward, we should be able to get any Edison kid who has MWC offers, which hasn't been the case the last 20 years. But we still won't sniff guys with Pac-12 offers. Even it Pat Hill's hey day, when we were routinely beating the likes of Oregon State, Wazzu and ASU for local players, we just were never able to crack Edison or Central. Their kids would rather go sit on the bench for 5 years at Oregon State than play at Fresno State.

Really bad luck Tony Perry passed away, because that guy has a ton of sway with Edison and Central kids. And he was tight with JD Williams and Jamie Christian...had he lived, and given his blessing to these top kids to go to Fresno State, we'd have had a shot.

been a quiet few months...just picked up 3* WR Jamir Shepard.  Same HS as Davante Adams and Keesean Johnson, offers from Arizona State, Oregon State, Washington State, Hawaii, UNLV and Wyoming.   

Palo Alto is a small school that's always flown under the radar...frankly i think he's still pretty underrated, if not for the success of Tae and Kee he'd probably not be getting this much attention as it is.  Our WR corps is going to be absolutely nasty the next few years, especially if emoryie can stop getting hurt in fall camps. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamir-Shepard-46077131/

2 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

been a quiet few months...just picked up 3* WR Jamir Shepard.  Same HS as Davante Adams and Keesean Johnson, offers from Arizona State, Oregon State, Washington State, Hawaii, UNLV and Wyoming.   

Palo Alto is a small school that's always flown under the radar...frankly i think he's still pretty underrated, if not for the success of Tae and Kee he'd probably not be getting this much attention as it is.  Our WR corps is going to be absolutely nasty the next few years, especially if emoryie can stop getting hurt in fall camps. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamir-Shepard-46077131/

Our passing game is going to be nuts in a few years with all these WR and Casey slinging it.

I read that Tedford has said that they aren’t interested given our current QBs are developing nicely and having Jaden Casey solidly committed. 

Not strictly 2020 related, but keep an eye on the depth chart for the USC game.  Fresno is going to have a record number of freshmen on the 2-deep.  Partially because of attrition, but also partially because 2019 is shaping up to be one of our best recruiting classes ever. 

24 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Not strictly 2020 related, but keep an eye on the depth chart for the USC game.  Fresno is going to have a record number of freshmen on the 2-deep.  Partially because of attrition, but also partially because 2019 is shaping up to be one of our best recruiting classes ever. 

Hell yeah, what are some names to keep an eye out for this year?

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hell yeah, what are some names to keep an eye out for this year?

True freshmen:

WR:  Jamal Glaspie and Jalen Cropper.

OL: Bula Schmidt

Safety:  Evan Williams (Ivy Leaguer!)

I've been hearing really good things about our freshman at LB, Levelle Bailey, but he needs to put on some weight before cracking the 2-deep. Safety Deven Jarvis is up there but I think Williams is more game-ready right now.

Notable Redshirt freshmen:

QB Ben Woolridge 

CB:  Deshawn Ruffin (he may technically be a grayshirt)--he has to be on the 2-deep almost by default, but I think he's done well. 

OL:  Tyrone Sampson

OL: Jace Fuamatu (injured but I expect him to be on the 2-deep by year's end). 

LB: Sherwin King (was a second-teamer last year)

FS also has a walk-on freshman LB that was taking second-team reps. I'm curious as to whether he will be on the 2-deep on gameday.

So I see about 8 freshmen that are in contention for the game-day roster, the most that I can ever recall. Again, much of it has to be chalked up to attrition, particularly at OL and to a lesser extent DB, where we are thin.  But our young WRs are going to be gruesome in two to three years.  

On 8/27/2019 at 11:46 AM, JADogs05 said:

So I see about 8 freshmen that are in contention for the game-day roster, the most that I can ever recall. Again, much of it has to be chalked up to attrition, particularly at OL and to a lesser extent DB, where we are thin.  But our young WRs are going to be gruesome in two to three years.  

this WR corps is about to be absolutely stupid with Jamir Shepard and Mac Dalena coming in next year.  Mac is wildly underrated and frankly i think some of that has to be chalked up to being white lol.  Kid is greased lightning.

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

this WR corps is about to be absolutely stupid with Jamir Shepard and Mac Dalena coming in next year.  Mac is wildly underrated and frankly i think some of that has to be chalked up to being white lol.  Kid is greased lightning.

The MWC has done really good recruiting the WR position recently.  Looking at some of the kids CSU, Boise, Fresno even UNLV and Nevada have signed and there are a whole lot of P5 offers.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What a +++++ing joke 24/7.  Kid keeps racking up offers and they continue to slid down his rating in state little by little.

he would absolutely have his 4th star if he'd decommitted on the spot after the alabama offer.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The MWC has done really good recruiting the WR position recently.  Looking at some of the kids CSU, Boise, Fresno even UNLV and Nevada have signed and there are a whole lot of P5 offers.

going to be a bunch of NFL draftees in the next few years at WR from this conference for sure.  Loaded.

15 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Ten! Freshmen on the usc depth chart. 

some are there by default because of injuries or heavy class turnover but yeah, Williams leapfrogging Oglesby and the WRs beating out a host of incumbents is pretty impressive.  

Pretty puzzling how Williams was just sitting around with FCS offers going into NSD given that his brother was a frosh all-american at Illinois last year.  He's NFL bound.