Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

With 5 games remaining, how do you expect your team to finish?

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

Current standings for context before todays games (2/20/19)

Wednesday, February 20    
Visitor
  time  (MT)  

Air Force 

Fresno State 
8:00 PM AT&T

Colorado State 

San José St 
8:00 PM  

#6 Nevada 

San Diego State 
9:00 PM CBSSN

New Mexico 

Utah State 
9:00 PM ESPNU

TEAM CONF GB OVR
Nevada 11-1 - 24-1
Utah State 10-3 1.5 20-6
Fresno State 10-3 1.5 19-6
San Diego State 8-4 3 16-9
UNLV 9-5 3 15-11
Boise State 6-7 5.5 11-15
New Mexico 5-8 6.5 11-14
Air Force 5-8 6.5 10-15
Colorado State 4-8 7 9-16
Wyoming 2-11 9.5 6-20
San José St 0-12 11 3-21

Looking at the standings, it's quite clear the WAC rejects are really bringing the conference down. Both in hoops and football. Disclaimer: I don't claim any affiliation with SJSU. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I expect the Rebels to finish the regular season 1-3, then go 1-1 in the MW tourney to finish with a spectacular record of 17-15. Don't worry though, with Marvin Menzies leading the way, we'll be a serious challenger for the MW title next year, Lon Kruger had an amazing turnaround in his 3rd year, and Marv is just as good as Kruger so his 4th year should really, really special.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

LOL. It's cyclical. Your time in the gutter is right around the corner, little guy

Never ever change Bob. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Some of you recent adds sure don't know the history of the MW. IIRC, regardless of the circumstances AF hasn't won even a single game in the 20 years of its tournament.

Eg.: Circa 2005, AF confronted SDSU in the first round of the tournament with 18 wins (18-10 maybe?) while SDSU had 18 losses (10-18 maybe?) yet the Aztecs still won.

SleepingGiant "we miss you"

..GO FALCONS..

New Mexico is a bottom 3 team right now.  They show flashes of being good but they have too many holes to predict how they will finish.  The only team one could predict a Lobos win against might be SJSU.  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

9 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Great job MWC.  Way to finish out the season strong before the tourney!

Image result for fall down before finish line gif

Nevada is in the NCAAs no matter what and you guys and USU have been pretty good all season and along with SDSU, could upset Nevada in the UNLV Classic to be a second conference team in the dance.

Sadly, a 2-bid league is all the MWC ever is anymore and as much as those of us on this board want to see the conference turn that around by getting rid of SJSU and adding Gonzaga, both of which are within the realm of possibility, King Craig and his alleged bosses don't have the sports savvy and balls to do so.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Nevada will lose at Utah State, the Aztecs will win every game before their final game at Nevada. That would make the final game a battle for the number one seed.

Oops, I posted what I was hoping instead of what I thought would happen.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

6 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

Nevada will lose at Utah State, the Aztecs will win every game before their final game at Nevada. That would make the final game a battle for the number one seed.

Oops, I posted what I was hoping instead of what I thought would happen.

Reno is not going any further than the Sweet 16 at best. Struggling on the road to multiple mediocre MW teams is not the sign of a true top 10 powerhouse.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Nevada is in the NCAAs no matter what and you guys and USU have been pretty good all season and along with SDSU, could upset Nevada in the UNLV Classic to be a second conference team in the dance.

Sadly, a 2-bid league is all the MWC ever is anymore and as much as those of us on this board want to see the conference turn that around by getting rid of SJSU and adding Gonzaga, both of which are within the realm of possibility, King Craig and his alleged bosses don't have the sports savvy and balls to do so.

Please Maria let this happen. 

On 2/18/2019 at 7:47 PM, Pelado said:

Only three games left on the schedule, and have a pretty good chance to go 2-1.  Not going to beat the Zags in Spokane on Saturday.  San Francisco at home on Thursday is winnable, even though the Dons clocked the Cougs by 19 earlier in the season.  Baxter has really stepped up his game and is making it harder for teams to double Yoeli.  The 3-point shooting has been much more accurate, and there's been better individual and team defense.  They eked out an overtime victory at San Diego last week - wouldn't have needed overtime if they'd made their free throws down the stretch.  Should be able to handle the Toreros in the Marriott Center next week.

After fiddling away a 14-point second-half lead, they dropped the home game to the Dons.  0-1.  Will be 0-2 after visiting Spokane on Saturday.  Have a chance at 1-2 if they can win at home against San Diego.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:35 AM, wolfpack1 said:

I think you guys already have the #1 seed in the WAC Tournament now the decision would be to rest some of the guys for the tournament or go all out?

We technically needed tonight's win over UTRGV to clinch it.

Coach Jans won't rest any of our players unless we are up 20 (like we were in the final 5 minutes of today's game) but not because he doesn't want to. It's more that out of the top 10 players on the depth chart, we have no idea who is going to have a hot hand. It's always someone different every night. The only constant is that our PGs will get solid minutes (AJ is better on offense, Shunn is better on defense) and that the best SG in the last 5 games, Trevelin Queen has earned his keep as a starter. Everything else is ???. especially our big men.

Back in October I thought SJSU would win one MW game or two at the most. Now it looks like we won't win any and that this season will be even worse than last. :waiting:

38 minutes ago, RamSack said:

With 2 games in, CSU is 2-0.  And, we beat Wyoming SILLY!!!

Wyo is terrible. So terrible you should almost feel bad.