Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

With 5 games remaining, how do you expect your team to finish?

1 hour ago, teappotts said:

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

This about sums up the end to the last three years at Boise St.

Rice isn't a finisher that's for sure.  March is bag over the head time for Boise hoops fans as we typically watch the team rot in March.  Good news this year is we didn't have to wait!

After 9 years at the helm this is where he has the program.  Not impressed anymore and he thinks those redshirt freshmen that pretty much no one else recruited are going to save the program next year?  This is starting to feel like the end of the Greg Graham era where his best player was also a walk on (Koby Karl then Derrick Alston now).   Some recruiting prowess.  

12 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Rice isn't a finisher that's for sure.  March is bag over the head time for Boise hoops fans as we typically watch the team rot in March.  Good news this year is we didn't have to wait!

After 9 years at the helm this is where he has the program. 

Spot on. It seems to me that assuming you guys crash and burn in the first game of the conference tournament again that your AD needs to let Rice know that if he doesn't move things up a visible notch in 2019-2020, he will be gone. Of course, if Blaymeier was still around, he probably wouldn't wait that long?

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, roughrider said:

After 9 years at the helm this is where he has the program.  Not impressed anymore and he thinks those redshirt freshmen that pretty much no one else recruited are going to save the program next year?  This is starting to feel like the end of the Greg Graham era where his best player was also a walk on (Koby Karl then Derrick Alston now).   Some recruiting prowess.  

Koby Karl was quite good. I remember razzing him when he'd come to Logan. One of my favorite opposing players ever. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

33 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Spot on. It seems to me that assuming you guys crash and burn in the first game of the conference tournament again that your AD needs to let Rice know that if he doesn't move things up a visible notch in 2019-2020, he will be gone. Of course, if Blaymeier was still around, he probably wouldn't wait that long?

Gene B was all about the bottom line.  He didn't even want to invest in football but was forced by his coaching hires to do so.   He saw basketball as an annoyance I think.  As long as he wasn't asked to invest and they didn't get into any NCAA trouble, he left them alone.  Once a coach challenged him (Dye) he was fired.   Gene gets far too much credit IMO and it's all because he went with blue turf.   

Our current AD is a disciple of Bleymaier's.   If a donor doesn't walk up with cash, we're screwed. 

58 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

I thought bsu would go 2-3. Boy was I an optimist. New prediction 0-5 to finish season with a first round tourney loss. 

Listening to Rice's excuses postgame (I worked them hard in practice, maybe they were tired...!??....wtf?)   I think a program record for losses is staring us fans in the face.  And nothing will come out of it, just more of it next year. 

11-17 now with losses coming up and 19 losses is the all time LOW for the program.  Not sure when the right time for change is, but I suspect that's a bullseye right there. 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

No way Rice gets fired after this year. He has won over 20 games the previous six years. One bad year doesn’t get you fired. 

No question he stays. And probably for 3 or more years.  It's just my view of the world. When you hit rock bottom it's past time to look at things harshly. 

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

No way Rice gets fired after this year. He has won over 20 games the previous six years. One bad year doesn’t get you fired. 

No he shouldn't, but he shouldn't get an extension for twenty wins either. Rice is mediocre, if the three's are falling we have a chance, if they aren't we'll probably lose. That's been every season for awhile and he just kicked the best recruit from last year off the team. We are stagnant and only new blood will change that.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

The Cowboys get swept on the season by Air Force :facepalm:

It appears my prediction of the Cowboys finishing 2-4 the remainder of the way was optimistic  :(

I think it's quite possible the Cowboys lose @ SJSU and vs UNM to finish with a record of 6-25 (2-16).  Having won only 1 game, which was a neutral site game on the road on the season  :frustrated:

Injuries notwithstanding, this is the worst single season of Cowboy basketball I've ever known :surrender: