Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

With 5 games remaining, how do you expect your team to finish?

Boise State should beat CSU and AF at home although not a given. Losses to USU home and away and a loss at UNLV. Worst possible 1-4. Best possible 4-1. Looking like a 6th or 7th place finish and meeting SJSU or Wyoming in a first round game in the MWC tournament. 

I see the MWC tournament shaping up like this:

First Round

UNLV beats SJSU

Boise State beats Wyoming 

Air Force beats CSU

Second Round

Reno beats Air Force

Fresno State beats Boise State 

Utah State beats UNLV

SDSU beats UNM

Semi Finals

Reno beats SDSU

Fresno State beats USU

Finals 

Reno beats Fresno State

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Boise State should beat CSU and AF at home although not a given. Losses to USU home and away and a loss at UNLV. Worst possible 1-4. Best possible 4-1. Looking like a 6th or 7th place finish and meeting SJSU or Wyoming in a first round game in the MWC tournament. 

I see the MWC tournament shaping up like this:

First Round

UNLV beats SJSU

Boise State beats Wyoming 

Air Force beats CSU

Second Round

Reno beats Air Force

Fresno State beats Boise State 

Utah State beats UNLV

SDSU beats UNM

Semi Finals

Reno beats SDSU

Fresno State beats USU

Finals 

Reno beats Fresno State

CSU WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT lose to AFA!

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Bsu plays Utah State only once this year and that game is in Boise. Our other loss will be to new Mexico in the pit. 

5 hours ago, JADogs05 said:

LOL

Some of you recent adds sure don't know the history of the MW. IIRC, regardless of the circumstances AF hasn't won even a single game in the 20 years of its tournament.

Eg.: Circa 2005, AF confronted SDSU in the first round of the tournament with 18 wins (18-10 maybe?) while SDSU had 18 losses (10-18 maybe?) yet the Aztecs still won.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Oh and fcuking oh!

#fireprioleau

57 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Some of you recent adds sure don't know the history of the MW. IIRC, regardless of the circumstances AF hasn't won even a single game in the 20 years of its tournament.

Eg.: Circa 2005, AF confronted SDSU in the first round of the tournament with 18 wins (18-10 maybe?) while SDSU had 18 losses (10-18 maybe?) yet the Aztecs still won.

It ain't that deep bro. I was just laughing at the indignation in his response. Also check my profile.  I've been here since 2006; I just don;t post as much as board regulars. 

18 hours ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

vs Texas A&M International (D2) W

vs UTRGV W but won't be easy

@ UMKC W but they are catching fire right now, could be a trap game

@ Chicago St. W, they suck

vs CBU W, payback for what happened in January

Should be 5-0, but 4-1 doesn't surprise me at all. I think we have #1 seed in the WAC regardless.

I think you guys already have the #1 seed in the WAC Tournament now the decision would be to rest some of the guys for the tournament or go all out?

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Shit, not even one win? I knew they were bad in the MW tourney, but that's actually impressive 

8k3esKz.png

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Air Force beat Wyoming last year or the year before in the tournament, they jumped out to something like 24-0 to start the game. It was a complete  disaster for my Pokes, what a meltdown.

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Wrongo

The World Needs More Cowboys!

20 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SleepingGiantsFan, are you a RECENT ADDS to this forum? You obviously don’t “know the history of the MW”, kind  of like the main stream media all you have to do is check the facts before you spout off, or you can ignore them if you want to. 

2015 MWC tourney AF beat NM 68-61, lost in round 2 to BSU  (NM was 15-16/7-11 at the time)

2016 lost game 1 in triple overtime to UNLV  (UNLV was 18-14/8-10 at the time)

2017 won game one 68-61 over Wyoming , lost game 2  (Wyo was 18-14/8-10 at the time)

2018 last year lost in OT to UNLV  (UNLV was 20-12/8-10 at the time)

Reference the topic AF can go 3-2 or 2-3 (if they shock FSU tonight a 4-1 or 3-2 is defininately in play if they can find that consistent scoring off the bench.  Somewhere between 7-11 and 9-9

..GO FALCONS..

Current standings for context before todays games (2/20/19)

Wednesday, February 20    
Visitor
  time  (MT)  

Air Force 

Fresno State 
8:00 PM AT&T

Colorado State 

San José St 
8:00 PM  

#6 Nevada 

San Diego State 
9:00 PM CBSSN

New Mexico 

Utah State 
9:00 PM ESPNU

TEAM CONF GB OVR
Nevada 11-1 - 24-1
Utah State 10-3 1.5 20-6
Fresno State 10-3 1.5 19-6
San Diego State 8-4 3 16-9
UNLV 9-5 3 15-11
Boise State 6-7 5.5 11-15
New Mexico 5-8 6.5 11-14
Air Force 5-8 6.5 10-15
Colorado State 4-8 7 9-16
Wyoming 2-11 9.5 6-20
San José St 0-12 11 3-21

..GO FALCONS..

16 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

Air Force beat Wyoming last year or the year before in the tournament, they jumped out to something like 24-0 to start the game. It was a complete  disaster for my Pokes, what a meltdown.

Oops, my bad. Plus I somehow overlooked the 2015 win over the Lobos.

So after being 0-16, AF is now 2-20 all time in the MW tournament. They're on a roll!

(Just funnin' with you, itcpilot. Don't hesitate to remind me in early September before we play at the Rose Bowl that the Aztecs are 0-19-1 against UCLA in football.)

Boom goes the dynamite.