Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Paul George

He had more potential going one on one vs playing the zone. Imo.  His game was good but not amazing in college, but you could see the potential.  Also FSU played against some great teams (USU, LaTech, NMSU, Nevada) during the WAC years.  Paul George made the all-conference teams but his team could never get past those 4 mentioned above. 

He played some of the best and worst games I’ve seen bulldog players play in my lifetime. I believe had he stayed one more year his consistency would have improved and Fresno state would have had a much better team.  Cleveland didn’t help much , he was better at fixing the programs perception than winning games  

Based on how the draft went however, I believe he made the wise choice in leaving early. Still love watching him play. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Yes we were very average. He was good, but I don’t remember him being super spectacular. 

Yeah, he was pretty good, but he was never even a 1st All Conference guy. His FR year they were the worst team in the league. Although every time they played Boise they always talked about how much of an NBA talent he was. 

I remember CSU going out to Fresno and getting absolutely destroyed in a year the Rams went to the CBI.  Tim Miles told me they had two legitimate NBA players (Paul George, Greg Smith) and he was right.  He also mentioned a 3rd guy whose name escapes me that was also NBA caliber.  Somehow Steve Cleveland coached that team into complete mediocrity.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I remember CSU going out to Fresno and getting absolutely destroyed in a year the Rams went to the CBI.  Tim Miles told me they had two legitimate NBA players (Paul George, Greg Smith) and he was right.  He also mentioned a 3rd guy whose name escapes me that was also NBA caliber.  Somehow Steve Cleveland coached that team into complete mediocrity.

He was probably talking about Sylvester Seay... who did play pro, but never made it to the NBA.